• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing in management us the inability to make a decision, whatever decision is made is right at the time , it may be proven wrong later but making a decision is the right decision

If Yze is announced coach, which is my guess, then we can perhaps assume he has been told and its been kept quiet till after their finals run has ended & perhaps the club is already trying to make moves, but not many of them appear to be landing.

The Grigg & Rance to Gold Coast thing bloody stings. They were 2 people who have had time away from the club to get a taste of something different & I presumed would be keen to come back and help us at a time of need. And we are 100% in need atm. For them to be more loyal to Dimma than the club does sting, i am not going to lie.

Did Grigg remove himself from the coaching role? did he even apply? I honestly would have thought he was above all the names left on our list. He saw the Tiger dynasty era be created and then spent time watching Geelong.

If Yze is announced coach, which is my guess, then we can perhaps assume he has been told and its been kept quiet till after their finals run has ended & perhaps the club is already trying to make moves, but not many of them appear to be landing.

The Grigg & Rance to Gold Coast thing bloody stings. They were 2 people who have had time away from the club to get a taste of something different & I presumed would be keen to come back and help us at a time of need. And we are 100% in need atm. For them to be more loyal to Dimma than the club does sting, i am not going to lie.

Did Grigg remove himself from the coaching role? did he even apply? I honestly would have thought he was above all the names left on our list. He saw the Tiger dynasty era be created and then spent time watching Geelong.
Grigg is not ready to be a senior coach.

Grigg I believe did not apply. Unsure why.

I just don't want our 2024 to be totally railroaded by Dusty and him leaving gossip. You know it is going to happen. The longer he goes uncontracted, the more bullshit the club will get dragged through. 2023 was the Jack & Trent farewell tour. It was a total waste of a year as we have no picks to grow with & most of our younger guys only grew by small portions - no one spiked to a starter really & owned that position.

He either needs to extend the contract now or request a trade. IF neither happens 2024 will be another wasted season more focused on individuals and not the team.

I feel like the supporting this club has been an emotional & exhausting process over the past 3 years - it has been 40% about the footy & 60% about the individuals. It all started with Rance's departure in Dec 2019 & it has been non-stop since. Higgins. Lynch. Rioli, Bolton, Stack, CCJ, Cotchin. Coitchin's wife. Strippers. Kebabs. Marketing Girls. Danielle. Cotchins Wife & kids. Pickett. Vlaustin. Short. Chol. Stack again. then again. Castagna.Umpires. 50s. Arcgate. Dimma. And always, Dusty. It's been an ongoing drama the whole way through - its been really unenjoyable and unproductive as well & we are approaching Dec 2023 - making it 4 years of tension. We have gone nowhere but backwards during that tenure since 2020. We need to get control of our club again.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

No other senior coaching jobs available and based on what has been reported so few applicants for the position available.

And the final two candidates do not have either premierships as a player or coaching their own team. Actually the total head coaching experience appears to be Mini's stint as caretaker, right?

Not ideal.... difficult to argue that anyone rates our club or list at all tbh

yep…that’s where it’s at

Our club has no excuses…we’ve had months to sift through all prospects, lure others…so let’s see what transpires

whoever it is, ill be backing them in for 2 seasons at least to see what they bring

gonna be a wild ride…BF gonna blow up

Let's wait and see the team the new coach brings in no doubt. Things would be starting in the background. I wasn’t keen on Rance something is not right there. Grigg would have been great. If its Yze Balmey had a big say in this to.

You gotta know the beast though. We have legit invited the controversy over the last 4 years & continue to do so leading into 2024 unless Dusty is traded, or re-signed. Im not fussed which outcome, but they must make 1
You sure you're not Veruca Salt

ss15 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11pm tonight announcement for Yze? Cmon blue baggers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
sorry can’t support this. No way known I would want Carlton to win, just for an announcement. Delay it til Grand Final just for the laughs lol

No other senior coaching jobs available and based on what has been reported so few applicants for the position available.

And the final two candidates do not have either premierships as a player or coaching their own team. Actually the total head coaching experience appears to be Mini's stint as caretaker, right?

Not ideal.... difficult to argue that anyone rates our club or list at all tbh
Last untried coach we employed won 3 flags.

The last experienced coach we employed had a 30-67-2 record and won a wooden spoon.

sorry can’t support this. No way known I would want Carlton to win, just for an announcement. Delay it til Grand Final just for the laughs lol

Get behind the blues for tonight! They won’t be beating the lions at the Gabba

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would you put any credence to what an opposition coach says ,until Dusty or his manager say something all the rest is fluff, if he plays put next year without re commiting the journalists will have a field day with the club , it will bring distractions that the new coach won’t need

Did you totally ignore the part where I wrote that Richmond’s Neil Balme said he guarantees he will be at Richmond and he doesn’t want to leave?

Why wouldn’t you put any credence to what Neil Balme says?

A mate was taking the piss the other day suggesting we appoint Joel Selwood as next coach. Reckons he's got all the right credentials to take us to another flag:
ex Geelong, big sulking sook and the umpires love-child.
Just think about all those close games we lost by being shafted by the AFL and the Maggots will be a thing of the past with him in charge.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Selwood could possibly make a decent assistant coach. Brings 4 flags and 350+ games of senior experience.

If another club grabbed Cotch they’d be applauded, and rightly so, and there’s some clear parallels in their careers in terms of leadership and success. Selwood is definitely worth bringing into our system.

Last edited:
Grigg I believe did not apply. Unsure why.
Grigg was a development coach for 2 years (entry level coaching role) and assistant for 2 years. Never coached his own team, had minimal experience coaching different lines and been at an a club with experienced players that virtually coach themselves.
If his name wasn't Grigg, no-one would be talking about him and any club would be mad to appoint a senior coach with that C.V
And as an assistant, its better for his development to go interstate and work under an experienced coach and maybe coach his own team (Suns VFL) - not work under a newbie who will still be learning himself.

I'd love Grigg to be our senior coach but when he's done his apprenticeship. And when it suits Richmond - not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back