Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

So am I correct in understanding that the soon to be released Victory pack box set worth $85 will have the same audio issues with the alternative radio calls, as did the $40 GF dvd? I'm not paying $85 to listen to Basil call our glorious Prelim final.

So am I correct in understanding that the soon to be released Victory pack box set worth $85 will have the same audio issues with the alternative radio calls, as did the $40 GF dvd? I'm not paying $85 to listen to Basil call our glorious Prelim final.
It does have the same issue, but Beyond has said they will replace the GF disc in the set for anyone who requests it.

I'd be surprised if the QF & PF have the radio commentaries on them.

I've just put the DVD in for its first run and my god, this is horrendous.

The picture refresh rate makes it look like some kind of stop motion time-lapse video.

I've put on the SEN commentary and the audio is about 1.5-2 seconds behind the video. It's like the opposite of trying to watch the regular channel 7 broadcast with radio commentary and the video lags behind the audio.

This is 'demand my money back' kind of quality.
In some mildly positive news, I've just discovered that my second biggest problem with the DVD isn't really a problem with the DVD.

Getting a free replacement from Beyond will solve my biggest problem (the audio synching) but my second biggest problem was, as described above, that the video was jumpy.

I realised I hadn't noticed anyone else complaining about this problem (only the non-HD video quality), so I thought I'd investigate.

Turns out, playing it on the Xbox = jumpy picture but playing it on the regular (15 year old) Sony DVD player = perfectly smooth.

So while it's somewhere between the video quality of watching footy on Foxtel HD and watching it on 7 through Foxtel, at least it's smooth and actually watchable.

Now just need that replacement disc....

I hope they produce something like this. About an hour recap on the season, highlights from each game all the major news stories, coolly narrated with some fresh background music.
My favourite video as a kid, watched it countless times about a season where we just made the prelim :$
View attachment 433106

Edit: here is the full thing!

That is some depressing shit when you think about it!

So, if we go by their email, by the time the complete season box comes out in December, that will have the corrected audio on the radio calls. Plus a Blu-Ray of the GF.

Why do I think that they'll f**k that up as well!?

Just got this in response to my e-mail from Tuesday night, asking for a replacement disc.

Hi Maroo,

Thank you for contacting Beyond and providing your proof of purchase and details.

Replacements will be available from December onwards and will be sent out during this time frame , you will not need to return the discs you currently have.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Regards,

Customer Service

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and I can't believe people are losing their shit over a dvd either. if I were to listen to the radio broadcast I would have no vision anyway...that's how radio is you see.
It’s really frustrating when you’re watching at the same time and you see the final siren and dusty going mental, but you don’t hear the siren and crowd for what seems like 37 years.

I apologise for being a little off the topic but is there any Youtube footage of the post match celebrations in the inner sanctum where one of the team managers sculls a beer out of Dusty's boot. Love to see that again

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back