Richmond to take Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard this I thought Richmond were pulling a swifty by pretending to be interested in Cousins, thus maybe forcing another club to waste a pick on him instead ... but then I thought, "no, Wallace isn't that clever, he really would be stupid enough to pick up Cousins".

Richmond, this is why you've gone nowhere under Wallace's coaching term, and why your "years without a premiership" will continue for many years to come.

Yeah, imagine taking a recycled player in the PSD, pfft what a terrible decision that would be.

What if we have decided to take another kid & not Cuz at all?

Nowhere have I seen it reported that we are.

Cameron has flat out said we are not previously.

2. Hamstrings. Cuz did his hammy in his last comeback - his hammies are a couple of years older now. .

That's a good point you make. He has pushed himself to maintain his fitness, and I reckon he might suffer next year because of it. Akermanis had this problem in 2007 when he returned to pre-season training extremely early, and has a stinker of a season. In 2008, he returned to pre-season training at a normal time, and had a much better season because of it.

Cousins has been pushing himself a bit too hard, and I reckon it will result in him being pretty cut down by injuries next season.

Is this the first clear result in the power play at Richmond. Wallace has repeatedly said NO to Cousins. Sheedy has persistently said he would. He repeated it today on radio.
If Cousins comes to richmond does it make Wallace's position untenable?
We've consistently been told Sheedy has no say in the football department.
Proof will be in the pudding i guess.

awesome if it happens.

would be great to see Cousins playing again.

i think what is lost in all the Cousins talk, is that someone had the potential to grab an absolute steal for nothing, it could pay off for the Tigers.

What if we have decided to take another kid & not Cuz at all?

Nowhere have I seen it reported that we are.

Cameron has flat out said we are not previously.

Good pick up. Seems its the media(and us BF'ites) presuming we're after Cousins with our request to place Polak on the rookie list.

Good pick up. Seems its the media(and us BF'ites) presuming we're after Cousins with our request to place Polak on the rookie list.

You already have one PSD which you'll presumably use on a youngster.

It does not make any sense to drop Polak to the rookie list unless he was replaced by a player capable of playing seniors immediately.

Essendon replaced Ramanaskus with Michael (who was contracted to the Lions but thats another story)

I'll believe it when I see it...Polak has just had a setback with his recovery and the Tigers will be one player short next year.

Healy is still leading the Cousins push for him to play again...He's hoping they pick Cousins to replace Polak and just guessing.

Tim Lane will celebrate Richmond drafting Cousins with some fudge.
Their midfield will be one of the best in the comp.
Maybe for your dreamteam.

Great move by the Tiggies if this is indeed true. They've got absolutely nothing to lose by this, and a potential finals birth to gain.

Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You already have one PSD which you'll presumably use on a youngster.

It does not make any sense to drop Polak to the rookie list unless he was replaced by a player capable of playing seniors immediately.

It does if it has become clear that Polak will not play next year. Rumor has it he has no peripheral vision.

Also there are other players available. Having said that though, I hope we roll the dice:)rolleyes:) and take the gamble on Cousins.

the payoff could be huge, in attendances, membership and exposure, while the negatives for the club really arent that concerning.

As far as PR goes, you just have to look at opposition supporters commending Richmond in this thread, should they take him.

I have heard that Polak's been training hard in the hope that he may be able to make a sufficient recovery to play this season but recent talk is that he is having MASSIVE problems to the point he probably won't even play again.
Is it fair that in light of what happened to him that we are robbed a player from our list?
well from what i have read he has lost his peripheral vision. so i cant see him ever been able to play again which is some bad luck:(

but i hope richmond get cousins. i would not mind going to 1 of their matches to watch him. imagine the midfeild with cotchin,deledio and cousins. cousins getting the tag which would free up the other 2 stars

Sounds like a desperate move by a desperate coach, clinging to the final year of his AFL coaching career.
You're smelling what I'm smelling.

The mean bastard in me can't wait for Cousins to fall now that he seems to be headed for a Tigers jumper.

Of all the Melbourne clubs id like to see take Cousins Richmond would be my 1st choice.

Hell id even buy a Richmond membership if Cuz went over. Cousins to Richo!! Just another reason to sing their club song when on the piss.

Of all the Melbourne clubs id like to see take Cousins Richmond would be my 1st choice.

Hell id even buy a Richmond membership if Cuz went over. Cousins to Richo!! Just another reason to sing their club song when on the piss.
huh??

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24780995-19742,00.html

BREAKING NEWS: RICHMOND has asked the AFL for permission to put Graham Polak on the rookie list, potentially clearing the way to draft Ben Cousins.

Polak is recovering from severe brain trauma after being hit by a tram during last season.

The Tigers have asked the AFL for permission to put him on the rookie list as a long-term injured player.

Should Richmond recruit Ben Cousins? Have your say below.

Essendon was allowed to do that with Adam Ramanauskas when he was recovering from cancer.

If Richmond was allowed to place Polak on the rookie list it would get an extra pick in next Tuesday's Pre-season Draft.

It currently has pick No.6 in the draft.

If it had a second one, it would be the only club with a pick in the second round of the draft, effective the seventh selection.

The Herald Sun's Mike Sheahan says he believes the Tigers are very keen on acquiring Cousins.

That would give the Tigers room to add fallen Eagle Cousins to their playing list.

The self-confessed drug addict appeared to be out of options for his AFL career after the Brisbane Lions declared they would not be drafting him before last month's AFL Draft.

The AFL has circulated the Tigers' request to the other 15 clubs for discussion ahead of next Monday's AFL Commission meeting where a decision on the submission will be made.

In 2006, Essendon asked the AFL for permission to list Ramanauskas as a mature-age list for the 2007 following a recurrence of his cancer. He was elevated to the senior list mid-way through the 2007 season, playing his first senior game for more than two years against Geelong.

The 24-year-old Polak, who suffered brain damage when he was hit by a tram in June, continues to make a slow but steady recovery but there is no guarantee he will ever return to senior football.

He is in the last year of a three-season deal with Richmond, but is given some hope because he is so fit and has responded well so far.

The Tigers have said they will take a young player with their sixth pick in the draft.

Eight players are currently training at Punt Road that are not on the Tigers' list - Andrew Browne (Murray Bushrangers), David Gourdis, Kade Klemke (Murray Bushrangers), Nick Liddle (Coburg), Patrick Nicholls (St Bedes), Matt Suckling (Sandringham Dragons), Justin Van Unen (Oakleigh Chargers), Bryn Weadon (North Ballarat).

Richmond took Gourdis with the first pick in last year's Pre-season Draft, but he only played one game last season. The Tigers look likely to pick him up again, but could do so in the Rookie Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back