Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What ? You been drinking child ?

We won 15 games, we earned our right to play finals. You lot, on the back of a easy draw just made the eight. You must have a short memory though, I remember you squealing when we won the last round of the year, how it was a nothing win as we beat your young seconds, yet our young seconds gets a win tonight and its crap.

Now wonder you follow a minnow club. I just cant wait to see how you go this year. You have, again, a soft draw at the start, its the AFL giving you a cushion as we all know what happens when you lose but then unlike last year, you do not have a soft last 7 rounds...will be fun.
I find it a bit amusing that you are bagging a Roos fan about struggle to make the finals and only getting there of the back of a soft draw. They should you who the pretenders were on the big stage and last time I have checked the minnow in Norf have won more finals in the past two seasons than your club has this century

Going by the logic of "Coaches with a younger team with also less games experience only win 19% of the time." the Tigers should not have made the finals last year. Yet Tigers fans constantly tell North that they are too old to be contenders.

So which is it, young or old is better?
Both, there is a window. We can refer to history which shows teams generally need to be a certain level of age and experience to contend and then an age where a team is about to fall off a cliff and drop back down the ladder. There can be exceptions of course, but they aren't that common.

There was no script.
Carlton's team were older and more experienced than Richmond's team.
They are not the same team that came last in 2015.
Richmond were severely weakened by injury.
Carlton had nothing to lose.
Richmond were on a hiding to nothing.
Look at the excuses, you talk about age but all your experienced blokes in the guts were taught a lesson tonight from Patty Cripps who is what 20?

I find it a bit amusing that you are bagging a Roos fan about struggle to make the finals and only getting there of the back of a soft draw. They should you who the pretenders were on the big stage and last time I have checked the minnow in Norf have won more finals in the past two seasons than your club has this century

Its not about finals mate but flags. The minnow stated we were lucky to make it, yet we have finished 5th twice in 3 years. Anyway, im done. It's good to see the salt in this thread, just make sure you are just this active on Friday next week. Oh, btw, I hope you play well against a depleted swans outfit, cause if you lose....lol

Also you have more to worry about then my club seamen. You have 11 players apparently with proven bad habits lol

Look at the excuses, you talk about age but all your experienced blokes in the guts were taught a lesson tonight from Patty Cripps who is what 20?
No excuses. They're all facts.
And why would anybody make excuses for winning?
Cripps played a good game for three quarters but I don't think he taught anybody a lesson.

Just watched the replay here in Perth.
Carltons field kicking was fantastic. Some great decision making and Cripps is a beast. Need a key forward but already look so much better than last years side.

In saying that, I thought the Tigers deserved the win. Some cleaner passages of play and better defence than the Blues.

My worry for the Tigers is if you lose Rance you're in for a world of hurt.

It's only round 1 so ring rust is to be expected, but I'd be happy if I was a Blues fan.
And Tigers fans have a good side too when they get some injured players back.

I enjoyed the game. Glad footy is back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just needs to kick more often and more ac.curately would do a lot of damage if he could kick as well as he uses it by hand.

I think that's a strength of his though, it literally takes three blokes to pin his arms and therefore stop him from disposing of it. He compliments Murphy and Gibbs perfectly when he dishes it out, and it's no coincidence both their career best seasons were when Judd was doing similar.

Cripps can improve by scoring goals. He puts himself in the right spots but for some reason just can't hit the scoreboard. So I guess that does come down to kicking accuracy, but also him amazingly being only 21. It will come with time.

Kids a star, glad he's wearing Navy Blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back