Preview Richmond vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're taking the piss.

I know nab cup form doesn't mean much but mentality plays a massive part in football these days and I can guarantee you that beating them down there would of gave the boys a massive confidence booster.

No way, we are going to need 'hard bodies' against Geelong and that is the only thing Jackson brings. More important than 'football skills' apparently.

Arnott looks just as hard, why not bring him in? Jackson had 2 tackles on the weekend, not a great return for a player who can't do anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arnott looks just as hard, why not bring him in? Jackson had 2 tackles on the weekend, not a great return for a player who can't do anything else.
The same reason why Derickx won't come in. Debuting someone at Kardinia Park against the reigning premiers whowill be breathing fire will be like sending lambs to the slaughter.
No hurry with Arnott. He will get his chance when the time is right. This week is not the right time.

Surely Maric won't get weeks for that little bitch slap.

The umpire had full view of it and paid a free kick, so why should the MPR see it any differently. Was a high shot, thus the free kick, but the impact was very minor.

At worst, I'd imagine (hope?) he'll cop some points which will be downgraded to less than a week with a guilty plea.

2 games against the Suns and Giants. They are certainties.

Absolute joke that one of sides fighting for the last 2-3 spots in the 8 which will be pretty heavily contested among a fair few teams gets 16 points and easy % boost where as plenty of sides don't even get to play either side twice.

Arnott would need an oxygen tent before quarter time. Some people are delusional.

He is a long way from AFL for now, wouldn't play him til end of the year if we are out of finals contention.
As much as I don't really like him in the side Jackson wasn't all that bad on the weekend.
I do like that he can stop his opponent and he has a hard body, just needs to understand his limitations.

Just reading this on the Geelong thread:

Anyone who thinks this isn't a danger game is kidding. Richmond tore us up in the NAB Cup due to classy ball movement and speed. They're coming off a win and will be full of confidence, and they're put in 2-3 decent quarters against both of Carlton and Collingwood. Cotchin, Martin and Deledio are A-grade players.

I hope we come out breathing fire and smash them, but realistically I'll be happy with a 20-30 point win. Richmond will head down the highway with the attitude of having nothing to lose, our players will subconsciously be aware of the criticism that will come their way if they fail to play well.

I agree we don't have nothing to lose and if we can pull off the victory and hawks beat wce imagine the matchup next week against WCE

Absolute joke that one of sides fighting for the last 2-3 spots in the 8 which will be pretty heavily contested among a fair few teams gets 16 points and easy % boost where as plenty of sides don't even get to play either side twice.

We lost our 2 games each vs our serial bunnies, Demons and Port, and got two new bunnies. Although, Port don't seem as bad as they were last year they still usually find a way to lose to us. Still, it shouldn't be a massive change in terms of gimmies. What is more noticeable is that we have a few games less against the top teams and a few more against the mid table teams.

I think the concern for Geelong is post-Ling they don't really have someone who can shut down someone. Harvey and Wells were allowed to run amok, when Bartel was put into defensive 50 as a loose man we just freed up one of Harvey or Wells who could hit targets inside 50 despite the loose man there.

I'd like to see Nahas play a similar role, he has speed and good skills and he could play a similar role and cause some damage.

Geelong at Kardinia Park is a daunting prospect. I thought we went well last year against the Cats and still lost by 11 goals down there. Hard place to win but they have a lot more kids running around and they are not used to carrying the weight of the guys they have replaced.

They will be filthy about losing though, need to instil some doubt in their minds early.

lol @ delusional tiger fans.
If you guys think you are going to stroll down to Simonds Stadium and out play one of the greatest football sides of all-time, you are kidding yourself just a little bit,
What's more, you are playing us on the rebound. lol
You couldnt have got us at a worse time.
I also wouldnt be hanging onto the showing we had against Nth Melbourne yesterday bcos if you think that is the best Geelong can dish up, you guys are in massive denial.
It's gonna be a 10 goal + winning margin to Geelong then next Monday, i'll come back to this thread and say i told you so.
lol, tiger supporters make me laugh.

Lalalala. :D

NOTHING TO LOSE!

lol @ delusional tiger fans.
If you guys think you are going to stroll down to Simonds Stadium and out play one of the greatest football sides of all-time, you are kidding yourself just a little bit,
What's more, you are playing us on the rebound. lol
You couldnt have got us at a worse time.
I also wouldnt be hanging onto the showing we had against Nth Melbourne yesterday bcos if you think that is the best Geelong can dish up, you guys are in massive denial.
It's gonna be a 10 goal + winning margin to Geelong then next Monday, i'll come back to this thread and say i told you so.
lol, tiger supporters make me laugh.

The best supporters in the league make you laugh.
OK mate. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back