Preview Richmond Vs Melbourne, MCG, Sunday 3:40 pm.... This is SRS BZNSS

Who will taste sweet victory this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'd rather Arnot debut in a match that is much tougher.
If we debut him against Melbourne, it reeks of complacency.

We all know what happens then.
Nothing, because we have a decent backup ruckman and all our main midfield players are there bar Tucky who we could probably Vlastuin filling in for? There's no Webberley in this team. This is the perfect game for Arnot to debut, no pressure on his performance, can take a lot away from the game, just gives him confidence back in the VFL to fix some things up so when he does make it into the team he's a much better player for it. The Adelaide game for Elton was the perfect example of bringing in a player against a team they're not ready for, sure Elton will learn from the experience but it probably hurt him a bit mentally as well.
Why risk him seriously.We beat a better performed side than Melb last week on thier home turf without Cotch.I mean if we can't beat this rabble without Cotch then we don't deserve to fight for a finals spot.
I think everyone has already reiterated this but it's not a risk playing a player that is fine to play. Maric is the example of resting a player that is not 100%.

Hmmm some big inclusions for the Dees including some good midfield talent/depth. Trengove and Magner will go a long way for them

Nothing, because we have a decent backup ruckman and all our main midfield players are there bar Tucky who we could probably Vlastuin filling in for? There's no Webberley in this team. This is the perfect game for Arnot to debut, no pressure on his performance, can take a lot away from the game, just gives him confidence back in the VFL to fix some things up so when he does make it into the team he's a much better player for it. The Adelaide game for Elton was the perfect example of bringing in a player against a team they're not ready for, sure Elton will learn from the experience but it probably hurt him a bit mentally as well.

I think everyone has already reiterated this but it's not a risk playing a player that is fine to play. Maric is the example of resting a player that is not 100%.

Let's hope you're right.

I guess I still get nervous for these games!

Hmmm some big inclusions for the Dees including some good midfield talent/depth. Trengove and Magner will go a long way for them

Magner is a hard body. His match fitness might be questionable.
Trengove has been pretty ordinary this year. Vlaustin and Ellis both have him covered as to impact on the game.

The Dees bottom 6- 8 players that will be taking to the field on Sunday are ordinary to say the least.

Really looking forward to Sunday!

My girlfriend's brother-in-law is Mark Jamar so have had a bit of fun getting stuck into him this week :) however as he has given us his tickets for the game, I will be sitting with all the Melbourne player's family and friends and have been warned about not cheering too loud or hysterically... I just responded by saying that I'll probably get bored seeing all the goals we will kick so my cheering will be toned down :D

I just get this feeling that matt white will be in the 22... dimma needs to let him go. imo matt white will be subbed out for arnott.

Trengove will be an interesting one if he plays.
Not sure if he'll even be close to match fitness with his calf niggle?

Hmmm they have not played Magner because he has struggled this year the game has got even quicker he is to slow.Trengrove has just been plain poo,Not convinced he will play anyway who only has one week off with a calf? If it was a calf he was probably dropped for poor foor , but they did not want to embarrass a captain...They have 2 Class players Sylvia & Viney.Both are out this week.How old is Sylvia? He has a some agro reckon Dimma might back himself into get the best out of him? He be handy at the feet of our talls..As for the game, we need to soak up the early pressure,their tackling one on one etc.Then get on top & bury the bastards like a good side would do! Eatem Alive i say!

you would think 60 pts plus easing up would be an ok win, a mate of mine is saying if we start getting in front and chip chip chipping away he will leave

Re: cotchin's fitness

The only reason he's playing is because Dimma wants a culture of players playing through the pain. He doesn't accept injury as an excuse.

This is why we got a hard coach like Dimma after all.

Is that based on gut feel or you've heard Dimma quoted as such? Just wondering, if a quote would seem a strange strategy.

Agree with what others have said, regarding Matt Arnot. Arnot debuting against Melbourne would be a good idea because he will be one player one the field that will be trying his best for the whole game. Even if we are 80 points up Arnot will be doing all he can to impress, so he can try and stay in the team.

If the players can play 4 quarters of footy and play to their high standards, we should get a decent win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Morris, Rance, Chaplin
HB: Newman, Ellis, Houli
C: Grigg, Cotchin, Jackson
HF: Deledio, S. Edwards, King
F: McGuane, Riewoldt, Martin
R: Stephenson, Foley, Vlastuin
IC: Nahas, Batchelor, Vickery, White
Emerg: Arnot, Dea, A. Edwards

Final side.

Not keen on having both White and Nahas in the 22. They are both basically the same sort of player when in the forward line, kicking sneaky goals (see White v Freo) yet when injected into the midfield White is much faster and slightly bigger than Nahas.

I do, I think White is the perfect sub.

Any money says he'll start in the vest.

Means Foley will get a full game :)

with tuck out, this is the perfect opportunity to slot arnot in and see if he does anything of note, we know exactly what white brings, if the game goes how it should, the sub will mean very little

Magner is a hard body. His match fitness might be questionable.
Trengove has been pretty ordinary this year. Vlaustin and Ellis both have him covered as to impact on the game.

The Dees bottom 6- 8 players that will be taking to the field on Sunday are ordinary to say the least.

True but it is at least something for them. Im not overly worried but it obviously helps them.

As for Magner, I've known the guy for 15 years now and if there is one thing he can never be questioned about it is his fitness. The blokes a freak. He's been running 15+ beep tests since we were in year 9. I would not be surprised at all if he was winning most of the time trials at the dees atm. He will run all day.

Trengove will be an interesting one if he plays.
Not sure if he'll even be close to match fitness with his calf niggle?

Yer he will be rusty that's for sure but unlike most I believe he has huge talent. Hopefully he doesn't show it this week and uses this as a match to build back into the AFL.

Not keen on having both White and Nahas in the 22. They are both basically the same sort of player when in the forward line, kicking sneaky goals (see White v Freo) yet when injected into the midfield White is much faster and slightly bigger than Nahas.

Unfair on Nahas. He's been much more consistent and is a proven fwd threat over the last 2 years. I thought we looked much better last week with his fwd pressure.

I like whitey but he's just not up to it. Should have played Arnott. Not happy.

Hmmm they have not played Magner because he has struggled this year the game has got even quicker he is to slow.Trengrove has just been plain poo,Not convinced he will play anyway who only has one week off with a calf? If it was a calf he was probably dropped for poor foor , but they did not want to embarrass a captain...They have 2 Class players Sylvia & Viney.Both are out this week.How old is Sylvia? He has a some agro reckon Dimma might back himself into get the best out of him? He be handy at the feet of our talls..As for the game, we need to soak up the early pressure,their tackling one on one etc.Then get on top & bury the bastards like a good side would do! Eatem Alive i say!

The only thing I disagree with is you saying Magner is slow. The guy was hampered by a pretty bad ankle injury for a lot of last year so may have appeared so but I can assure you he isn't slow. It has been a combination of injury/foot skills/age that has kept him out thus far. He will be a good player for them on the weekend

the three ins make sense IMO.

Vickery was always going to come in to support Big O and play up forward - that probably meant Azza wasn't going to get a game as we would have probably an imbalance of lead up forwards.

Cotchin - no explanation needed.

White - has been in and out of the team so far this season so probably is ahead of the guys pressing (Arnot, Dea, Edwards etc) and is thereabouts.

Would expect Nahas or White to be the sub, reckon it will be White.

It's a shame that the 3 emergencies are the guys to miss out again as I think we'd all like to see them have a run but at the end of the day, we want to have a big win so if the coaches think they've named the strongest side available, I can live with that. Yes we could and probably should still expect to win even if giving games to Arnot, Dea and Edwards but ultimately, we don't want players in the team 'to see what they can do' but rather because they have been performing and deserve a game on merit. I trust the coaches know best. The challenge is for those other guys to keep trying and push that extra 5% to get their noses ahead of the guys they are competing with.

If there is one player on Melbourne's current list which I am baffled as to why he isn't getting a game it is James Magner. Thought he showed a fair bit early on, tapered off which is expected but I reckon his hard body is what Melbourne needs will be one player that will boost their squad. I also rate Trengove. It is tough playing in the Melbourne side at the moment.

I am a bit skeptical of bringing in Matt White again & would have preferred Azza but looking at it from a structural perspective it makes sense. He really needs to get into double figures against the Dees if he doesn't start on the pine. I like what he brings to the table - good work ethic, hard at it player but just doesn't find enough of the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back