Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe if it wasn't for Eddies father being ill that he would of stayed.

Care to disagree with you there. There comes a point where you have to be loyal to yourself and your family. Adelaide tabulated an offer that for all intents and purposes we could not match for the best of the footy club moving forward. I cannot fault Eddie for taking it and running.

Deserved?
DEFINTALTY deserved mate. He gets his chance to play senior footy has been playing well in the VFL. Im glad they are giving him a chance hopefully he can take it with both hands. They gave Boots a chance more then ONE and he hasn't even shown much at all. Boots is a very frustrating kid to watch and his decision making with the ball in his hands isn't up to par. I hate having a dig at kids but ive seen better footy in the local A grade. I would like the club to trade him at end of year.

Care to disagree with you there. There comes a point where you have to be loyal to yourself and your family. Adelaide tabulated an offer that for all intents and purposes we could not match for the best of the footy club moving forward. I cannot fault Eddie for taking it and running.
the offer may have been quite amazing but Eddie bleeds blue. Still a blue at heart. The enemy on the weekend tho.

So true, BD. On a side note have you tried asking A_M to do some sitting for you?

lol
You're a cryptic man Thy... or I'm feeling particularly brain dead this evening... :drunk:
Bit of each perhaps.

There's been the odd occasion I've gone to a game with mates in recent years and left the kids with my wife, but generally I try to get to games I can take the boys to. My wife isn't a footy fan, and she is not too keen on me taking our daughter (the youngest, 6yo) to the footy. I'll have to work on that. ;)

Last edited:
If ever there was a time to play for a GF winning former player and CFC administration officer of our proud club,it is now!.
And,we get to put these flat track pea hearts back in their barrels,it is NOW!!.
I want this win and want it NOW!!
Or, I can wait til that shizen twilight time slot AGAIN you AFL dickheads!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree I think there may be only 1 change, Waite in for Robinson.

If Waite is not right to go then I can see Blaine Johnson debuting and playing Robbo's half forward role.

What I meant is Carrots IS playing VFL. Johnson is as well.

Not sure about the others.

Nah... :(

Three young kids + Sunday night means the evening is mainly about getting them bathed and into bed for the start of the school week.

Also I'm a teacher and we're in the middle of report writing right now. Footy has to take a back seat.

I'm hanging out for a game that is totally suitable to take the kids to. They're few and far between these days. Next week we're in Brisbane, then it's consecutive Friday nights (do-able, but not ideal), then we're playing in Sydney, then it's Sunday night again...
The next afternoon game in Melbourne is round 16 vs St Kilda at Docklands.

I'm telling you, families are being disenfranchised. Footy belongs to the networks now, not the fans.
Round 16 ... Sheesh I had no idea it was so far away. I have young kids too and have been searching for appropriate games to take them to. The fixturing this year has been horrid - family friendly timeslots are certainly well down the list now :(

Great post B64 :thumbsu:

the offer may have been quite amazing but Eddie bleeds blue. Still a blue at heart. The enemy on the weekend tho.

Nobody is arguing that he didn't (doesn't) bleed blue. However, he also bleeds for his family, for his post football success, etc. Any AFL footballer is entitled to look out for what is best for him and theirs. When they leave it isn't necessarily a personal attack on the guernsey and all that it represents that they leave behind.

lol
You're a cryptic man Thy... or I'm feeling particularly brain dead this evening... :drunk:
Bit of each perhaps.

There's been the odd occasion I've gone to a game with mates in recent years and left the kids with my wife, but generally I try to get to games I can take the boys to. My wife isn't a footy fan, and she is not too keen on me taking our daughter (the youngest, 6yo) to the footy. I'll have to work on that. ;)

That's a bit sad. Some of my best childhood memories are of daddy/daughter days at the footy...and now papa homer and I go together as much as possible. It was awesome to fo with him when I was little, for bonding as much as for football viewing.

Nothing has come close to bringing the memories of mother/son days at the footy, particularly the entire '95 week. Miss those days terribly.

Agree I think there may be only 1 change, Waite in for Robinson.

If Waite is not right to go then I can see Blaine Johnson debuting and playing Robbo's half forward role.

Who on earth is Blaine Johnson???? I can honestly say I have never heard of him! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back