Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction. You made it sound like Gibbs himself had told you he was going to port tomorrow if he could. And like you wanted him to.
Hope you didn't say he was "shit".....:p

lol I never said he was shit and I never wanted him gone. I said that he'd prefer to play port Adelaide than carlton right now given his SA roots an all and we should prepare for that outcome. but maybe given all the young stars port are gonna have to pay over the next few years they realize that they shouldn't tie up a whole heap of money in gibbs. in any case water under the bridge. glad he looks like staying...

lol I never said he was shit and I never wanted him gone. I said that he'd prefer to play port Adelaide than carlton right now given his SA roots an all and we should prepare for that outcome. but maybe given all the young stars port are gonna have to pay over the next few years they realize that they shouldn't tie up a whole heap of money in gibbs. in any case water under the bridge. glad he looks like staying...
Just didn't want to see you having to eat sh....

ah forget it.

Anyone else think Walker to Betts would be a good matchup?
Walks has the speed, athletisism and size to go with Betts. Would have to be the best matchup for him.

And Buckley to Cameron.

could be the way to go. I just don't think we can trust Tuohy with Eddie at the moment. He let Billings get the better of him last week (although Billings is a gun), Betts is on another level at this point in time.

could be the way to go. I just don't think we can trust Tuohy with Eddie at the moment. He let Billings get the better of him last week (although Billings is a gun), Betts is on another level at this point in time.

Not sure what's going on with Tuohy this year.
Really does appear very down on confidence, and reckon Eddie would lead him a merry dance if Mick lined him up on him.

Not sure what's going on with Tuohy this year.
Really does appear very down on confidence, and reckon Eddie would lead him a merry dance if Mick lined him up on him.

I'm not convinced Tuohy is over whatever injury he copped in the preseason game Vs Norf. Ever since that game his knee has been strapped/taped. Definitely carrying something.

I'm not convinced Tuohy is over whatever injury he copped in the preseason game Vs Norf. Ever since that game his knee has been strapped/taped. Definitely carrying something.

Yeah, combination of nagging injury perhaps and confidence? I reckon he just looks a little confused at times and second-guesses before he goes to get the ball or when he has the ball in hand - maybe Mick has him spooked and he's scared of making a mistake; his weapon is his long kicking - needs to use it more and take the ball for a little run every now and then - lacking in confidence for whatever reason/s.

Anyone else think Walker to Betts would be a good matchup?
Walks has the speed, athletisism and size to go with Betts. Would have to be the best matchup for him.

And Buckley to Cameron.
I think Betts should not play.
But yeah, reckon Betts has the smarts to make Walker look very ordinary. It's hard, really not sure what match up works, Buckley no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well deserved if true.

It didn't take BJ long to settle in at VFL level. Has been a very solid performer throughout the season and other than Wood (who won't get a game unless both Warnock & Kreuzer are unavailable), he's looked the rookie most likely to take the next step.

Very interesting that we've decided to elevate him now. Can't see that happening unless we're looking to play him straight away, in which case.....

Well done Johno.

Reckon he'll be named in squad but not make final 22 unless there are injuries we don't know about yet.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised should Johno come in for a Jeffy.

It wouldn't completely surprise if BJ was the one to replace Robbo.

Medium forward to replace a medium forward.
That too. Maybe Bell isn't a lock to walk in? Carrots and Waite potentially to come in too. But you don't want to make too many changes to a winning team.

That too. Maybe Bell isn't a lock to walk in? Carrots and Waite potentially to come in too. But you don't want to make too many changes to a winning team.

Did we win? it was sooooo long ago that i had to look up the AFL site to confirm. :p
Just can't explain the bad feelings i have for the last week, maybe feeling bad for Essendone , Richmond and Collingwood big loses??? :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back