Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designed by Mitch Robinson's partner. I really like it.
Yeah I think ill have to buy one. I hope we never change our Guernsey because its so original but im glad they modified it for indigenous round.

My mates and I have concluded we are now a better side at the Dome than at the G. :eek:

Alternative conspiracy theories
  • 3 of our last 4 matches have been against out of form sides. (their last 5 matches: WCE 2/5, WB 2/5, St Kilda 1/5)
  • We can't handle big crowds (68,251 vs Collingwood, 62,037 vs Richmond, 62,730 vs Essendon, 37,323 vs Melbourne our biggest crowds for the year)

Designed by Mitch Robinson's partner. I really like it.
Does anybody read sliding doors by Damien Barrett every week? Last week he ripped on us for wearing long sleeves. He is a total spud nugget. Honestly how that spud can write the crap he does and get away with it is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really feeling edgy about the MRP decision on Murph, White and Robbo I hope they don't throw the book at any of them. PLEASE BE LOGICAL!

On White and Murph, both had the players they nailed pushed into their paths. Surely that is the first thing the defence says if they are called up to the tribunal.

Riewoldt got up without having a cry. That's Murph's first defense.

Not sure about White - seemed to me he got him more front on/down the middle that the head, but it's hard to tell from the footage.
After defending Viney last week, the media and haters will change tack to portray Murphy and White as Magro and Yeates. ;):cool:

Thought Dunstan was shirt-fronted after he blind turned into White who was trying to man up another player.

Unless your names are Hodge and Dangerfield, there's no such thing as incidental contact.

not very positive mate. No faith? The last month has been ok it could be better but slowly gelling together.

we are exact opposite of Essendon. we are only capable of run and carry. when have no ability to move the ball by foot. run and carry is great but it can't be sustained for whole game and if opponent turns up the pressure you can pretty much guarantee turnovers. until carlton drastically improves it's fieldkicking(which is not just about individual skill but team understanding of off-ball movement) then they are vulnerable to be beaten by just about anyone.

Realistically we could win our next 3 games. Thoughts?

realistically we shouldve beaten Melbourne as well

Theoretically we could win all the remaining games of the year

Our wins havebt been super impressive. I would consider us extremely fortunate to win the next 2 (Adelaide and Brisbane)

Beating Geelong is on a different planet than we are right now. Our best competed with Port for 3 qtrs, so theres something to aim at, but overall I still think we have some massive holes that will only be fixed with time (note I said time, not a rebuild, gutting the list achieves nothing) such as the development of Rowe and Casboult, return of Judd and a few other key 18 players, along with general improvement from all around the field

As for Judd, if hes capable of playing against Brisbane, play him in the 2nds. If hes a week away, I'd bring him straight in for Geelong.

Sort of expect the following line-up at this stage..

Buckley Jamison McInnes
Docherty Rowe Tuohy
Simpson McLean Gibbs
Thomas Henderson Menzel
Ellard Waite Casboult

Warnock Bell Murphy

Yarran Walker Everitt Armfield

Irrespective of what happens for this match, we should put as many games into Menzel, Buckley, Docherty and even McInnes for the rest of this year whilst also giving Cripps, Graham and possibly Holman, games also.

We'll be glad we did. All the guys are made of the right stuff and will serve us for years to come.

Would also like to see Temay get a game or two as a small forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back