Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are exact opposite of Essendon. we are only capable of run and carry. when have no ability to move the ball by foot. run and carry is great but it can't be sustained for whole game and if opponent turns up the pressure you can pretty much guarantee turnovers. until carlton drastically improves it's fieldkicking(which is not just about individual skill but team understanding of off-ball movement) then they are vulnerable to be beaten by just about anyone.
Collingwood have the worst kicking efficiency in the league and they are traveling ok

FB: Buckley Jamison White
HB: Simpson Rowe Walker
C: Docherty Murphy Gibbs
HF: Yarran Henderson Everitt
FF: Menzel Waite Garlett

FOLL: Warnock McLean Gibbs

I/C: Casboult Ellard Armfield/Touhy SUB: Bell

In: Bell Waite
Out: Robinson Touhy/Armfield

I would like to see C Judd fit and firing for the Geelong/Hawthorn/Sydney stretch...same for Bell...Judd and Bell running around together at the same time would be interesting, since Juddy has apparently spent a lot of time coaching Bell. Neither will be ready for the next game. Carrots has had a shocking run with injury - pretty much since the infamous Essendon game....this also means his timing and skills are down - hasn't impressed in his comeback games - McLean is doing just enough to probably make carrots come back via VFL.

You have to give Malthouse a lot of credit for playing Buckley/Rowe/White/Casboult and Menzel - if Docherty has the tank to stay on the field (given lack of pre-season) he too improves the side. Buckley is becoming a key 'playmaker' at HBF, he is quick to decide whether to run/handball or kick - looking classier with each appearance - has more time than many of the more experienced higher game time players. Tuohey is looking lost back there atm.

Everitt and Thomas have improved defensive capability - Thomas is perhaps well below top form, but his second and third efforts are exemplary - Jeff Garlett in particular could learn a lot from watching Thomas defend as a forward. I think Jeff may be on thin ice atm - wouldn't be surprised to see him out for Adelaide game - Ellard just delivers 100% effort every time and what he lacks in brilliance he makes up for in effort. Armfield might have a go in midfield - but is better off on wing and as a tagging forward - he is natural keeper since Robbo is out.

Will be interesting to see where Mick plays Gibbs against Adelaide and how Gibbs goes;)

Casboult/Waite/Henderson is a combination that can trouble any defense.

I'd be inclined to give Tuohy a rest. It's troubling to have a back line with so many underperforming players in it. Tuohy's and Walkers kicking out of defence on the rebound has been ordinary all season.

Tuohy, Walker, Jamo are really getting shown up by White, Rowe, and Buckley.

Walker should go up forward and Garlett should be dropped after he dropped his head in the marking contest.

I'd be inclined to give Tuohy a rest. It's troubling to have a back line with so many underperforming players in it. Tuohy's and Walkers kicking out of defence on the rebound has been ordinary all season.

He gets one next week and I hope that sorts him out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlett will have to do plenty right in front of Mick on the track over the next two weeks.

Doubt that the coaches would be happy with his dropped mark nor his selfishness ignoring Menzel in the goal-square, irrespective of the net result.
Considering it may have cost Menz a rising star nom, Jeffy has a lot to answer for :p

Sweet lord, another marquee Sunday, time for bed game, will probably crack 30k. :rolleyes:

Cows aren't travelling too flash, so reckon we are a show in the Massie, Nelson, Gallagher, Eccles, Bond Cup.

We're just getting smashed with the crappy scheduling this season. The league clearly have us pegged as a bunch of couch potatoes.

FB: Buckley Jamison White

HB: Docherty Rowe Walker

C: Yarran McLean Simpson

HF: Menzel Casboult Thomas

FF: Ellard Henderson Waite

Foll: Warnock Gibbs Murphy

Inter: Judd Tuohy Everitt
Sub: Armfield

IN: Waite Judd/Bell/Graham
OUT: Robinson (suspended) Garlett

If Judd is ready he comes in, if not Bell goes in, if he's not ready then Graham.

Personally I'd rather McInnes or Watson in for White. I just don't think White does enough offensively to be a third tall. We have Rowe as the lock down player. I just see more benefit with Watson as third tall.

What I'd like to see for next week:

1. Thomas to have built up to full fitness and start through the centre.
2. Tuohy and Walker getting back to somewhere near their best.
3. Buckley, Menzel and Docherty getting full games.
4. Bell back for Robinson.
5. Waite back and fully fit.
6. Carrazzo fit but asked to play with the Northern Blues first.
7. Judd to get a half or so of football with the Northern Blues.
8. Armfield to hold Betts to 0 goals.
9. A win
10. No injuries.

Now that's not asking for much.

Similarities to the Docker's jumper...

31670301145234712.png
YarranIndigenousGuernseyArticle_620X370.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back