Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be too strong in the upper body for Buckley. Tuohy will get the job but by geez he will need to improve on the output and awareness he has displayed so far this season.

Betts is a fly weight in the upper body, and Betts would run several rings around Tuohy. Would put Bucks or Yarran on him.

Menzel should be playing forward pocket from now on. Jeffy for depth. Hes been holding onto that spot because we had no depth. Goes to show how pivotal it is to have depth and competition for spots. We don't have to put up with players who aren't committed to the cause. If you aren't going to be consistent you better expect you are going to find yourself back in the 2's. Players get too comfortable and need to know they are on notice. Equally, they will be rewarded for effort.

Yeah - naaaaah.

Menz is far too good to leave in a pocket. We can retire him there if you like.

Betts is a fly weight in the upper body, and Betts would run several rings around Tuohy. Would put Bucks or Yarran on him.
You are obviously not too familiar with Eddie's strengths then...

Probably poor wording on my behalf about upper body strength, should have said his body work in marking contests will be far too crafty for the likes of Buckley and Yarran.

Eddie is exceptional at out maneuvering players of equal or similar size, he certainly plays bigger then his body weight and frame look, very deceptive.

Tuohy, Docherty and White may be used before they consider Yarran as a match up.

You are obviously not too familiar with Eddie's strengths then...

Probably poor wording on my behalf about upper body strength, should have said his body work in marking contests will be far too crafty for the likes of Buckley and Yarran.

Eddie is exceptional at out maneuvering players of equal or similar size, he certainly plays bigger then his body weight and frame look, very deceptive.

Tuohy, Docherty and White may be used before they consider Yarran as a match up.
Yarran would be a lot stronger than Betts and Docherty. Plays tall and small.

Eddie can get a few junk time goals if we can stop their mids. Need to shutdown Douglas and Smith who get their run going from half back/wing. Everitt might get Smith.

Also a bitch that Curnow and Carrazzo are out. Latter tagged Sloane last year.

Tuohy hasn't been as quick on his feet as he usual is, this year to date.
Would have put him on Betts but that may not be currently possible.

Hope Armfield has his tank back to full to cope with Dangerfield.
Rowe to Jenkins and Jamison to Walker seems straight-forward enough also.
Walker to run with and then run off Podsiadly?

Eddie can get a few junk time goals if we can stop their mids. Need to shutdown Douglas and Smith who get their run going from half back/wing. Everitt might get Smith.

I agree that Yarran would be a good matchup but is it worth sacrificing his run and carry off the HB line to get him to shut down Betts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on another thread, how about Doc on Betts first up. Not sold on Tuohy or Walker at this stage of the season. Betts would run rings around Tuohy. Maybe even Simmo.

I'd like to see Walker on Betts, he knows his game so well, matches him body wise and it might be a good game to get his form back. I just watched his 150 game video and I would love to see him back to his confident best. Simpson on Cameron

Pods played in defence for Crows a fair bit last night. I think if Henderson is forward he might take him.
Douglas is a player Blues need to match up well on, he is dangerous and will kill us if we do not focus on him as well as Dangerfield and Sloane. Cachia will be needed to play on one of those three.

Jenkins was brilliant last night. I would put Jamo on him and Rowe on Taylor Walker and swap them as needed.

I'd like to see Walker on Betts, he knows his game so well, matches him body wise and it might be a good game to get his form back. I just watched his 150 game video and I would love to see him back to his confident best.

Pods played in defence for Crows a fair bit last night. I think if Henderson is forward he might take him.
Douglas is a player Blues need to match up well on, he is dangerous and will kill us if we do not focus on him as well as Dangerfield and Sloane. Cachia will be needed to play on one of those three.

Jenkins was brilliant last night. I would put Jamo on him and Rowe on Taylor Walker and swap them as needed.
Pods was a swingman last night. Mainly drifted down back after Keefe went forward in the second half.
If Henderson is your best tall forward, Talia will be his man.

Pods was a swingman last night. Mainly drifted down back after Keefe went forward in the second half.
If Henderson is your best tall forward, Talia will be his man.
Speaking of Keeffe, he was a hot mess last night.

Serves them right for leaving Brown as an emergency.

Just think Betts would be too crafty for Yarran or Buckley, times his body work well and can get out the back on them as they tend to ball watch when used as lock down defenders.

I would play Yarran off a wing or on their least dangerous forward so we dont take away his offensive flair.

Armfield could also go with Sloane and have Gibbs go with Dangerfield if Carrazzo cant get up and doubt Curnow will be ready.

Really need Waite up and going for this as well.

Just think Betts would be too crafty for Yarran or Buckley, times his body work well and can get out the back on them as they tend to ball watch when used as lock down defenders.

I would play Yarran off a wing or on their least dangerous forward so we dont take away his offensive flair.

Armfield could also go with Sloane and have Gibbs go with Dangerfield if Carrazzo cant get up and doubt Curnow will be ready.

Really need Waite up and going for this as well.

If Gibbs is tagging then we will lose.

Murphy can't do it all by himself

I'd have Armfield go to Dangerfield again and give Yarran the license to roam around the ground

I wonder how much it would play on Tex Walker's mind that he did his knee at the 'G against Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back