AFL Autopsy Rnd 16: 11 Point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, wasn't that Patty's first game in defence keeping Riewoldt to two goals and yes eth-dog 5 shots is hardly a disaster, this will be a great opportunity to see if there is any improvement or if the experiment has been a waste of time.

I highly doubt kicking 2 goals is beating your opponent comfortably. I give up. I've shown you the facts yet your hate for ambrose won't allow you to accept that ambrose has put up some good performances.
But he could've kicked straight. He could've had better delivery. He could've held a few marks he spilled. He could've been given a few free kicks. Fanning's record could've been broken if things were different.

The role of a defender is to stop a player having the shots on goal. The role of a key defender is also to stop marks inside 50. He failed to do both. Riewoldt not kicking straight has nothing to do with Ambrose.

He didn't really force him wide though. Like, he had all his shots within 45 degrees.
We're always the first to jump in and excuse the forwards because supply is limited and/or poor, "i blame the midfield" etc. but defenders get hung out to dry.

I'm sick of all this rubbish. He could've kicked of goal. The person kicking it could have kicked it 3m above Riewoldts head. I didn't happen so there is no point talking about it when it didn't occur. Jack Riewoldt started a tradie apprenticeship after Dreamtime because patty gave him a bath. Riewoldt is doing an apprenticeship though.

Anyway, wasn't that Patty's first game in defence keeping Riewoldt to two goals and yes eth-dog 5 shots is hardly a disaster, this will be a great opportunity to see if there is any improvement or if the experiment has been a waste of time.
Played a few (one vs T Lynch, one on Daw, one on N Roo at that point)
Except for those times that he actually didn't...
As I said earlier, meant to say usually
Yep only had one shot within 40m
He missed one from 30 out directly in front. Didn't have a shot from a wider angle than 45 degrees.

My recollection was start of match:

Gwilt started on Bruce got burnt on lead a few times as he didn't have the pace to go with him, Hartley started on Riewoldt and Ambrose started on membrey who did nothing early.

Then as a result of Gwilt being taken to the cleaners by Bruce they quickly switched it around sending Hartley to Bruce who shut him down, Ambrose to Riewoldt who did a decent job with Gwilt going to membrey who destroyed him exposing him for pace again.

So the saints pretty much earmarked whoever Gwilt was on trying to expose his lack of pace off the mark. It was a matchwinning move as Gwilt conceded the highest amount of goals of any defender on the ground.

Bruce kicked one goal over the back for the game - Bruce was in StKild'a bottom five players.

Played a few (one vs T Lynch, one on Daw, one on N Roo at that point)

As I said earlier, meant to say usually

He missed one from 30 out directly in front. Didn't have a shot from a wider angle than 45 degrees.

Who cares? Ambrose is turning 25 this year. If you haven't noticed the bombers are developing younger players this year?

Ambrose has done a great job down back for the limited amount of time he has been there IMO. There is a reason why Goddard has said he is "one of the best young athletes he has seen". Who knows how far/good he can become?

not according to the AFL website he wasn't.

"Bests - Saints: Steven, Geary, Membrey, Hickey, Ross, Newnes, Armitage"

Newspaper best are heavily influenced by stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's on the 50. Where's the other one?

******* oath.
Hey Eth since you seemed to miss it.

image.png
One of those much talked about but rarely seen "I admit when I'm wrong" would be appropriate here bud.

Hey Eth since you seemed to miss it.

One of those much talked about but rarely seen "I admit when I'm wrong" would be appropriate here bud.
I read that as on the 50. So I'm really not.

I read that as on the 50. So I'm really not.
:D

How about this one then:

Watch a replay. He missed one from 30 out and a couple from 45 out. Jack gets those goals every time.

And maybe an apology for being a condescending jerk when its you that obviously needs to watch a replay?

Probably time to move on, people.

Yet again, I don't think the majority of people really have any interest in reading a protracted Jerrett Ambrose argument. Again.

Sometimes you've just to either admit you're wrong or agree to disagree and move on.

Probably time to move on, people.

Yet again, I don't think the majority of people really have any interest in reading a protracted Jerrett Ambrose argument. Again.

Sometimes you've just to either admit you're wrong or agree to disagree and move on.
I don't know about that Doss, it's been pretty entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Rnd 16: 11 Point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back