Rnd 20 - Carlton V West Coast - Sunday 4th August 3:20 Marvel Stadium - Final Team Post #625

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is having expectations? Four quarter effort. Team playing as a team. Sticking tackles.

Really looking forward to this one. See how we stack up against a contender again.

See you there. Blues by 9.

Very worried about this one now. Goddard and Schumacher both likely to be a bit out of their depth against the best forward line in the league. Can cover one guy, but two will be hard.

I don’t mind losing but let’s hope this doesn’t dent the confidence after such a good couple of months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit disappointed for Stocker, Garlett and Owies, as they could have shifted a few people into the midfield and thrown someone in at the other end.

Schumacher is pretty uninspiring despite good numbers in the VFL. Just doesn't push up properly, drop back properly, or kick with precision.

Given the outs and availabilities, I would have picked TDK and Garlett, and swung Levi into defence.

Back line is seriously depleted. Will take a superhuman effort to snatch the 4 points. Good luck baggers

Bit disappointed for Stocker, Garlett and Owies, as they could have shifted a few people into the midfield and thrown someone in at the other end.

Schumacher is pretty uninspiring despite good numbers in the VFL. Just doesn't push up properly, drop back properly, or kick with precision.

Given the outs and availabilities, I would have picked TDK and Garlett, and swung Levi into defence.
schumacher will add some zip though...he can help simmo and sps as the smalls....levi will probably play in defense anyway

due to depleted tall stocks we'll need to be more strategic with our offense....only real option is to move the ball in carefully and try to connect directly rather than kicking to a contest and hoping. it will be a big day for the mids in particular

schumacher will add some zip though...he can help simmo and sps as the smalls....levi will probably play in defense anyway
Schumacher and Goddard are the slowest players on the list after Lobbe and Phillips, and their endurance levels aren't great either.

due to depleted tall stocks we'll need to be more strategic with our offense....only real option is to move the ball in carefully and try to connect directly rather than kicking to a contest and hoping. it will be a big day for the mids in particular
Our forward line is no different to last week, in fact, it's bolstered by Fisher.

Make that Owies instead of Garlett, I didn't see his game last week but his form in today's match is fantastic.

So missing:

Defence: Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank, Jones & Thomas
Ruck: Kreuzer
Midfield: Nil
Forward: Curnow, McGovern, Cuningham

Arguably 9 missing from best 22. Defence in particular being smashed and up against one of the best forward lines in the league.

Eagles with almost their best 22 out on the park. Going to be a huge challenge...think we can win but realistically i think even a loss under 5 goals will be a decent result given our outs.

So missing:

Defence: Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank, Jones & Thomas
Ruck: Kreuzer
Midfield: Nil
Forward: Curnow, McGovern, Cuningham

Arguably 9 missing from best 22. Defence in particular being smashed and up against one of the best forward lines in the league.

..but but Collingwood....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back