Preview Rnd 21 Carlton v Essendon Sat August 18th 1.45PM @ MCG - Team - Post #369

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Ratten wishes he has pictures of the board or Swann in compromising positions. These pictures appear to have been passed to Duigan for this week. Don't know why we are so obsessed with bringing back Nick to settle the backline. Slow and average at ground level.

Don't think Duigan will go in the backline, I think Ratts is planning to make him play the defensive forward type role like he did against the Pies. Probably get the job on Fletcher.

I bet Ratten wishes he has pictures of the board or Swann in compromising positions. These pictures appear to have been passed to Duigan for this week. Don't know why we are so obsessed with bringing back Nick to settle the backline. Slow and average at ground level.

Because it's going to be wet and Duigan will intimidate whereas Watson wouldn't.
Simple decision if you ask me.

Tuohy is taller than Crameri. :)
Tuohy is also stronger than Gibbs.
Give him the challenge and tell him to stick tight.

I admire your positive thinking Harks but Crameri creamed us last time and I dunno if the worst performing player of recent weeks is the man for the job despite his physical attributes. But we live in hope.

Out of left field: could Bell take Crameri?

I admire your positive thinking Harks but Crameri creamed us last time and I dunno if the worst performing player of recent weeks is the man for the job despite his physical attributes. But we live in hope.

Out of left field: could Bell take Crameri?

Things can change Big Sim.

We're all too happy to throw out big challenges to 10 game players so why not a 30 game player.
For what it's worth and I'm clearly alone, I don't think Tuohy was too bad last week.
It's just that our expectations are already higher for this 30 game player. Thought he added more than Watson or McInnes, all considered.

Tuohy is taller than Crameri. :)
Tuohy is also stronger than Gibbs.
Give him the challenge and tell him to stick tight.

Crameri has a higher leap than Touhy and is very good overhead so it'll be quite a challenge especially after megastar Bewick towelled him up last week.

Out of left field: could Bell take Crameri right out of the equation with a hip and shoulder?

EFA :D

Crameri has a higher leap than Touhy and is very good overhead so it'll be quite a challenge especially after megastar Bewick towelled him up last week.

Towelled him up? :)

Perception is 9/10 of fact.
Tuohy left his man on several occasions to help out elsewhere and gave away a free to Bewick. Towelled up?

Towelled him up? :)

Perception is 9/10 of fact.
Tuohy left his man on several occasions to help out elsewhere and gave away a free to Bewick. Towelled up?

Left his man? And that is acceptable how? Bewick was left free and got a lot of the ball because of it, if you're gonna leave your man then you have to kill the contest. Footy basics 101.

Okay here's how I see the match ups:

Tuohy (Davey), White (Hurley), McInnes (Ryder)
Yarran (Jetta), Gibbs (Crameri), Duigan (Zaharakis)
Simpson (Melksham), Judd (Hocking), Murphy (Stanton)
Garlett (Hardingham), Waite (Carlisle), Armfield (Dempsey)
Betts (Hibberd), Casboult (Hooker), Walker (Fletcher)
Kreuzer (Bellchambers), McLean (Lonergan), Carrazzo (Watson)

Bell (Lee), Robinson (Browne), Curnow (Monfries), Scotland (Heppell)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't argue with me. Take it out on the MC.
It was pretty clear to me though, so did the MC f-up?

Sorry Harks.

AFAIC, the MC don't really have many options atm, so can't be harsh on them. Hopefully Touhy can get the job done, but I just think Crameri is a dangerous match up for him, he had 11 scoring shots against us last time after Laidler went down.

I still think if the turd gets out of hand we should try putting Walker on him and give Touhy a go up forward, I think he's got a really good kick on him and I'd be confident in him with the set shot.

Sorry Harks.

AFAIC, the MC don't really have many options atm, so can't be harsh on them. Hopefully Touhy can get the job done, but I just think Crameri is a dangerous match up for him, he had 11 scoring shots against us last time after Laidler went down.

I still think if the turd gets out of hand we should try putting Walker on him and give Touhy a go up forward, I think he's got a really good kick on him and I'd be confident in him with the set shot.

Tanks, I'm just kidding. No need for any apologies.

I don't know how we'll fare tomorrow, but I know we'll be angry.
May pull out the rain coat as I think this is going to be one fiery contest.

Never want to preempt reports but, but we may see some bodies being thrown around. In fact, I know we'll see it.

Tanks, I'm just kidding. No need for any apologies.

I don't know how we'll fare tomorrow, but I know we'll be angry.
May pull out the rain coat as I think this is going to be one fiery contest.

Never want to preempt reports but, but we may see some bodies being thrown around. In fact, I know we'll see it.

I think it will be very similar to the second game we played against the Pies. The scenes in the rooms before we ran out, I remember how they were all huddled up together and looked INTENSE! I just knew after seeing that, that we were going to go out there and play and not take any shit.

After what happened the first time round against those sniper flogs, I'm betting we will come out the same way we did that return game vs the Pies and give them a football lesson.

Don't think Duigan will go in the backline, I think Ratts is planning to make him play the defensive forward type role like he did against the Pies. Probably get the job on Fletcher.
Duigan isn't Robinson though. That move of Duigan forward has worked just the once after it failed against Norf. He doesn't really play like a mid/half forward who can find the ball and push up the ground. Lacks the run of Armfield and Robinson who can play this role.

We obviously want to win every game and keep our season alive, but I would use these games to get time into O'Keeffe and Watson. Not a lot of options if Hurley, Ryder and Crameri all fire. Looks like Gibbs will go back again with Judd returning. :rolleyes:

Thornton was named as the emergency. Ratten must hate him. :confused:
Because it's going to be wet and Duigan will intimidate whereas Watson wouldn't.
Simple decision if you ask me.
Will Fletcher be intimidated by Duigan?

Heppell could be if Armfield is asked to shut down Dempsey.

Hooker to Waite and Carlisle to Casboult. Wonder how many Betts and Garlett could kick if we get in there quickly with Hibberd and Browne on them. Hardingham will have to take Walker. Doubt that they have another medium defender who can match Walker in the air.

Both sides have selected their best midfield for the first time in ages.

Duigan isn't Robinson though. That move of Duigan forward has worked just the once after it failed against Norf. He doesn't really play like a mid/half forward who can find the ball and push up the ground. Lacks the run of Armfield and Robinson who can play this role.

I think Ratts is just going to put the challenge to him. But yeah, I have my doubts it'll work too.

We obviously want to win every game and keep our season alive, but I would use these games to get time into O'Keeffe and Watson. Not a lot of options if Hurley, Ryder and Crameri all fire. Looks like Gibbs will go back again with Judd returning. :rolleyes:

Yep if those 3 all fire we're in deep shit. Problem is, even if one of them fires we don't have many options. But only Essendon have injuries, let's not forget that...

Both sides have selected their best midfield for the first time in ages.

Best on paper, not sure on form though, should be a good contest but I expect our mids to get on top of theirs.

I think Ratts is just going to put the challenge to him. But yeah, I have my doubts it'll work too.

Yep if those 3 all fire we're in deep shit. Problem is, even if one of them fires we don't have many options. But only Essendon have injuries, let's not forget that...

Best on paper, not sure on form though, should be a good contest but I expect our mids to get on top of theirs.
Unless they try and go the thug route again (more than likely considering thats usually how they beat a superior midfield)... in which case, I would just unleash Robbo and tell him that the club will pay his salary and a bonus if he gets suspended for taking out any of the Essendon midfield.

Unless they try and go the thug route again (more than likely considering thats usually how they beat a superior midfield)... in which case, I would just unleash Robbo and tell him that the club will pay his salary and a bonus if he gets suspended for taking out any of the Essendon midfield.

Lol you really want to hurt them don't you?

I do think that if we were to sacrifice someone it would be Bell instead of Robbo, plus I think he'd cause more damage :)

Seriously though, I tell the kids that I coach the best way to hurt them is to beat them. Would end their season and give them a world record of being 8-1 and STILL not making finals. God that would be hilarious!!!!

Lol you really want to hurt them don't you?

I do think that if we were to sacrifice someone it would be Bell instead of Robbo, plus I think he'd cause more damage :)

Seriously though, I tell the kids that I coach the best way to hurt them is to beat them. Would end their season and give them a world record of being 8-1 and STILL not making finals. God that would be hilarious!!!!
I know beating them would hurt them more...

However, after the dismal effort after Carrots went down, I want the guys to go out there with the intention of returning the favour and showing a bit more hardness at the ball.

And besides... I only suggested responding in kind if the Bummers started anything first.

And I agree... Bell would make more of a mess if he smashed someone but Robbo would just leave a smear on the ground :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back