AFL Toast RND 21: We Gave Freo The Old Heave Ho!

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked at the 3/4 break when Dermie decided to highlight something Cox did that was not very "Essendon edge" and I was thinking, ok, he's gonna show the marking contest in which Cox was sent to the shadow realm, but instead it was when Cox helped a player up, something that every single non-dickhead in the comp does
I remember watching the 2015 grand final with a big bunch of boyzzz, and there was a moment where one of the West Coast players helped up a Hawthorn player. Might’ve even been Hodge.

About 10 of them started talking about how they'd just lost West Coast the premiership. I assumed they were joking until they went on about it for about 10 minutes, talking about it's NOT WHAT MEN DO or some nonsense.

I remember watching the 2015 grand final with a big bunch of boyzzz, and there was a moment where one of the West Coast players helped up a Hawthorn player. Might’ve even been Hodge.

About 10 of them started talking about how they'd just lost West Coast the premiership. I assumed they were joking until they went on about it for about 10 minutes, talking about it's NOT WHAT MEN DO or some nonsense.

It is a stupid thing to do.

Not because of anything related to edge though

eh plenty of times AMT helped players up after he absolutely bulldozed them.

Yeah,
It's still a silly thing to do.

(If you clean someone up, I have a more sympathy for it).

But in general play at a stoppage, nah, you make their team mates get them up or pick themselves up.

Who won?

32K, where the **** were you all . At wolves v Rowille???
And I quote…” Dad, we got smashed, I wish I had come with you”
I had to work but to be completely frank, I could’ve found a way to change that if I felt Essendon were worth it.

I gave my seat to a friend of a friend and am comfortable with my assessment.

Yeah,
It's still a silly thing to do.

(If you clean someone up, I have a more sympathy for it).

But in general play at a stoppage, nah, you make their team mates get them up or pick themselves up.
I think more broadly there's no link between people who help up ending up on losing teams. you see it in every game on both sides. it's just a thing that gets highlighted when a team isn't going so well imo.

the other thing is, depending on situations in the game, it can be in the team's best interest to help the other player up so that the game can continue. umpires don't tend to re-set the game if someone is still on the floor in the immediate vicinity of the umpire

I think more broadly there's no link between people who help up ending up on losing teams. you see it in every game on both sides. it's just a thing that gets highlighted when a team isn't going so well imo.

the other thing is, depending on situations in the game, it can be in the team's best interest to help the other player up so that the game can continue. umpires don't tend to re-set the game if someone is still on the floor in the immediate vicinity of the umpire

Do this ONE simple trick to be a Premiership Player.

That I entirely agree with.

There is still room in the world for gamesmanship however, as long as we acknowledge it for what it is (not doing it making you not a hard man, and conversely partaking in it not being toxic masculinity).

I like that we won and got up off the canvass to do it . There are still a lot of the same issues but that was a win we would not have pulled off at this stage last year. And yes we probably have cost ourselves a place in the 8 over the last 4 weeks because of some mistakes at selection but also because we are simply a side trying to find an identity.

Amway we all know the bad.
Menzie is a battler who tries hard but does not seem to have the polish.
McKay looks like he has had enough after having a tough year taking a lot of big hits.
Cox can not play KP.
Laverde . What can I say.
Would be good if we had a decent half back flank so Martin can play wing.

What I liked.

I said last week Stringer was wasting too much energy trying to get something going in the middle and it was effecting what he could do forward. This week no center bounce . 4 goals 10 tackles including 6 inside 50.

Gresham just played forward pocket and kicked goals.

Parish found a bit of form a lot quicker than previously.

Draper took a few marks.

Bryan was decent in the first half but the big blokes did wear him down. Looking at him beside Darcy you can see how much more development he needs.

Caddy just keeps doing smart stuff with the footy in his hands (other than Hollywood shots at goal)

Roberts showed enough . Probably goes harder than his body is ready for right now .

Langford looked a bit better.

Redman showed some signs of life again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Martin forward of center is what needs to happen all the time, he has this trick he does, that trick is... he kicks goals, he's been kicking goals since his intra club trial games, he hasn't stopped doing it, just play him in spots where his trick can be useful.

Kicking goals isn't flexible enough, need to see if he can allow goals also

Toxic Masculinity wins flags. I know y'all going to say "... But Darcy Moore" the bloke is still a prick. I doubt he even gives way when performing a U-Turn, too self righteous.

Davey ain’t gonna make it. This was a diabolical “effort” from stoppage that gave Freo their last shot on goal. If he can’t 1. Be set up correctly 2. Actually have a crack at this stage of the game (or any other stage) he’s just not up to it. That should be played in slow motion on the big screen in front of the team same time as he’s told he’s done in league footy for the year. Essington accepts this shit and it’s why we’re shit View attachment 2069217
Agree, that vision should be used to teach him. The description you've given sounds like your purpose would be to embarrass him.

To say he's not gonna make it and can him like that after one instance of poor judgment is silly. He's 20 and has played less than 20 games. Kako is coming. We need to find out more about ADJ. We're not playing for sheep stations this year and there are a few players who've played many more games than Davey who should be ousted first.

What a weird thing to pick on after a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 21: We Gave Freo The Old Heave Ho!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back