AFL Toast RND 21: We Gave Freo The Old Heave Ho!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't either really, but I don't get why they thought this would work;

View attachment 2071678

View attachment 2071681
Gotta be careful with these comparisons.

I once loudly compared the All Blacks hukka to a Boys-to-Men video (coordinated dance moves by a bunch of guys wearing matching black outfits) in a Walkabout pub in London during a tri nations game … a Kiwi slapped my pint out of my hand and tried to fight me.

Freo game was fun, sat for one quarter and watched as my mate, who shall remain nameless forced four Bombers to move, he just doesn’t get it, very loud, a lot of spittle. Extremely unaware.
Then it was off to standing room, $14.50 cans of Jimmy, what a rip off, but you still buy them. I’d describe the next three quarters there as civil war. **** all Freo fans as you would expect. It was Essendon on Essendon. Scott copped it, Draper copped it,Menzie copped it. Angst. Frustration. Hilarity. Not as packed as we’re playing an interstate team expected to win ( did tip Ess myself).
Then there was THAT five minute spell where we showed up. The factions clashed , the draper lovers, the Jye lovers, the “ohh you have all hopped back on board now” it was a powder keg, it was hilarious, what a classic ! As I said “we’ve all shown up, calm the **** down, enjoy it”
Civil war averted. Came very close.

Freo game was fun, sat for one quarter and watched as my mate, who shall remain nameless forced four Bombers to move, he just doesn’t get it, very loud, a lot of spittle. Extremely unaware.
Then it was off to standing room, $14.50 cans of Jimmy, what a rip off, but you still buy them. I’d describe the next three quarters there as civil war. **** all Freo fans as you would expect. It was Essendon on Essendon. Scott copped it, Draper copped it,Menzie copped it. Angst. Frustration. Hilarity. Not as packed as we’re playing an interstate team expected to win ( did tip Ess myself).
Then there was THAT five minute spell where we showed up. The factions clashed , the draper lovers, the Jye lovers, the “ohh you have all hopped back on board now” it was a powder keg, it was hilarious, what a classic ! As I said “we’ve all shown up, calm the **** down, enjoy it”
Sounds very draining. Glad I could just turn the tv off and walk away, but with it being a school night I didn't have much choice.

I was slumming it with a mate in the Warne Stand forward pocket. Never been great at mixing, but I purchased a Jamieson and Cola and it was really nice.

There was a girl a couple of empty seats down from us who was shouting out some pretty weird stuff. One of her go-to calls was "Smother it Gresham" whenever he was in the area. Which would be fine, if it wasn't when his team mates were lining up a shot which it often was. I'm not sure what she thought smothering it meant.

She was really bothering my mate because he can't really handle different interpretations of the world around us, and some guys three or four rows in front started turning around and going off at her, which made me a bit sad. She had started screaming, I give them that, but she wasn't trying to impact their day. And it gave me the opportunity to get a good laugh out of my mate when in the dying seconds I said "Now! Smother it Gresham!"

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 21: We Gave Freo The Old Heave Ho!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back