AFL Toast RND 22: Defeated The Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering how many posts I like before I become a whore and cop some sort of infraction.
Call yourself Cold Sober you'll be suspended for farting.
Great win today, said 8 weeks ago we'd jag 11 wins , if we do ,look out .

Feel there are a few really unheralded performances from today.

Heppell has played out of his skin this year.

Ridley is defensively sound and doing it well offensively when he can go.

Snelling and Durham really inspired mid season picks who are filling an inspired role for us.

Guelfi had some real tough moments.

We’re frothing over Laverde but Stewart (minus the two dumb brain fades) was almost his equal in defence. Did some nice things.

Devon Smith has had his haters (myself included) but played almost his best game of the year today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A game like this under Worsfold, Suns would of ground us down and snuck a win. Nice actually having a gameplan and being able to completely turn a game around mid match. Now we just need to focus on showing up at the start of games.

A game like this under Worsfold, Suns would of ground us down and snuck a win. Nice actually having a gameplan and being able to completely turn a game around mid match. Now we just need to focus on showing up at the start of games.

We would have played the same way as the first quarter right throughout and snuck a tough win.

Truck rejigged at quarter time and we looked like a completely different unit. That’s credit to Ben and the assistant coaches.

Strewth... 🥰... Players playing for each other, the coach, the jumper, their position and depth to boot... WTFIGO?

Been a long tedious day for me, only just watched the replay and after wanting to punch kittens this has made my day...

First off the cuff impressions, Redman everywhere, Stringer enjoying everything football, Draper FY, Durham is exactly what we needed... Truck, Carra and that Bulldogs guy are special...

Chat tomorrow Bomber faithful... 💪🔴⚫

Thought all our lesser lights contributed well today and thats whats really driving this teams improvement. Snelling, Durnham, Guelfi, Perkins, Waterman, Cutler all were very serviceable games. When we have great contributions from our bench and fill ins, always will compete against anyone. Hard selection this week.
Watched the replay and came to post this as well! Snello, Durham, Cutler, Clarke, Waterman; all terrific. Even Wright, though he didn't kick any this week, kept working beyond the arc and creating a lot of space for Waterman. Only caveat is that GC looked disinterested and had a lot of second tier players out there as well. Hopefully Collingwood really push us so we can see how these guys go against some real pressure, but their ball movement was so classy yesterday. Where the hell has Cutler's field kicking been for the last 18 months?

Edit: forgot Guelfi!

Last edited:
Feel there are a few really unheralded performances from today.

Heppell has played out of his skin this year.

Ridley is defensively sound and doing it well offensively when he can go.

Snelling and Durham really inspired mid season picks who are filling an inspired role for us.

Guelfi had some real tough moments.

We’re frothing over Laverde but Stewart (minus the two dumb brain fades) was almost his equal in defence. Did some nice things.

Devon Smith has had his haters (myself included) but played almost his best game of the year today.

Thought Guelfi was excellent. And agree re: Smith. He looked as though he took some constructive criticism on board... and maybe dropping Walla sent a good message as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just love seeing both Cutler and Ridley’s field kicking. Supreme. Of course, not always, but when they come off with pinpoint accuracy, a joy to watch.

it’s a great time to be following my great loves, Essendon, Melbourne Storm and Queens Park Rangers. Long may the trifecta continue.

Thought all our lesser lights contributed well today and thats whats really driving this teams improvement. Snelling, Durnham, Guelfi, Perkins, Waterman, Cutler all were very serviceable games. When we have great contributions from our bench and fill ins, always will compete against anyone. Hard selection this week.

Hind and Lav too.

One of the interesting things yesterday was watching players run circles around Townsend, and Redman's physical impact which as a direct comparison was what Townsend was trying to do.

I would have thought that would have dispelled the myths of his effectiveness that were floating around last year.

One of the interesting things yesterday was watching players run circles around Townsend, and Redman's physical impact which as a direct comparison was what Townsend was trying to do.

I would have thought that would have dispelled the myths of his effectiveness that were floating around last year.

A bit unfair on Townsend IMO, he had a couple of brainfades but his physicality was important. One of the very few willing to apply and wear physical contact for Gold Coast on the day. He's a depth role player and he did about what you'd expect from a guy who's at his 4th club.

Just love Hind. Sure, he makes a few errors at times, who doesnt? But he just gives every contest his all. He backs his pace, and his disposals are actually pretty good. He's so fast off the mark he sometimes slips over trying to gain traction in the turf

I get the feeling GMHBA was slippery, quite a few players lost their footing yesterday. Just seems it's more obvious with Hind because he's normally so quick off the mark you'd expect him to escape situations.

Coaches votes for posterity.

10 Jake Stringer (ESS)
8 Darcy Parish (ESS)
5 Mason Redman (ESS)
3 Nick Hind (ESS)
2 Zach Merrett (ESS)
1 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
1 Touk Miller (GCFC)

Coaches votes for posterity.

10 Jake Stringer (ESS)
8 Darcy Parish (ESS)
5 Mason Redman (ESS)