Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sunday April 21st 1.10PM @ Marvel - Final Team - Post #854

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said before the GC game, that Levi would stay in to support Lobbe and this week if MK was back, that both would be dropped

Cohesion is built on our young core playing together, senior players are just there to add size and leadership

We lost by a kick, while we butchered the ball all day, had nothing to do with the height we played
Please had everything to do with forward structure the players clearly didn't have a clue going forward of centre .

Please had everything to do with forward structure the players clearly didn't have a clue going forward of centre .
Had more to do with delivery and composure going forward. As previously said, Levi was there for Lobbe chop out, it Kept McKay as a forward. I don't think it was a selectors wet dream but more to do with availability of players.

green-check-mark-icon-tick-260nw-522874111.jpg

Had more to do with delivery and composure going forward. As previously said, Levi was there for Lobbe chop out, it Kept McKay as a forward. I don't think it was a selectors wet dream but more to do with availability of players.
Yes delivery was horrible but also if your forwards aren't getting to the right spots that can effect delivery going forward imo .

Jack has more upside than than most will acknowledge..
We shouldn’t bag him just his dad was awesome...
Has nothing to do with it..I think he will be a solid player for us
I completely agree. Think he is someone who can fill a variety of roles for a team which is very useful. Needs to master the HF/Mid role which I think he will this year

Well that surely closes the book of Casboult for good.
Like the changes, much more balanced.
Wouldn't go that far just yet. Our rucks don't have much luck with injury history and thought Levi did just as well in ruck as Lobbe did.

Sort of surprised Rowe went before Levi as far as injury back-up though. Could be a contract thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So clearly the delivery of our mids?

Even if you remove Levi and add a small/medium forward, that unit is still learning to work together
Yes they are that's why adding an extra tall whilst having a struggling Lobbe was clearly wrong .
If players weren't fit Charlie Gov dont play them .

I dont get how you can come across so delighted. It beggars belief.
I love all our players. They give the best they have got in this part of their life to make us happy supporters. Its sad if they arent quite up to it and sad when its over for them.

Not a closed book by any means, depends on VFL form, injuries and team needs. If the CFC ever closed the book on any signed player by round 5, I would personally hand my membership back in. (Unless they morally undermined the culture). It shows a lack of leadership, developmental faith, inclusiveness, backing our staff in and a culture of what you need to do to get back on the selection agenda. Make the players work on their weaknesses, make them drive each other for greatness. Allow bit players to do their bit. That builds a foundation of success.

Not sure on the best place to post this, sorry if it needs to be moved. Eddie has given significant praise to Carlton in the lead up to his 300th, as he should. Thought you'd like to see what his twins will be wearing as he runs out. He talks about it towards the end.

Thanks pjcrows, Eddie is a champ.

Yes they are that's why adding an extra tall whilst having a struggling Lobbe was clearly wrong .
If players weren't fit Charlie Gov dont play them .

I agree injury wise, but not height

What I suggest people should do is rewatch the game and write down all the goals missed from inside 35, between the 2, 45 degree angles, then all the missed passes to leading/clear forwards, by our mids. I counted at least 8 goals.

Not to mention all the missed targets, forward of centre

All of which has nothing to do with height. Nail even only 1 of those 8 and we win the game

What I suggest people should do is rewatch the game and write down all the goals missed from inside 35, between the 2, 45 degree angles, then all the missed passes to leading/clear forwards, by our mids. I counted at least 8 goals.

All of which has nothing to do with height. Nail even only 1 of those 8 and we win the game
Take your word for it Arr0w but no way do i want to watch it again.

After a loss the things that stand-out to most of us is the last qtr. As the old saying goes "make most of your opportunities" ....... it starts from the bounce.

It's amazing what you pick up when you watch the replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back