Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shepherd on the hbf for Simmo, haven’t watched a replay but that’s one I remember... Murph is in for experience and X factor. Luxury but we haven’t had much of that in recent years.

Experience would suggest he doesn't burn the ball and make good decisions. He burns the ball constantly and makes shit decisions. So other than being old what does he bring in terms of experience? Because if our kids follow his disposal into 50 we are ****ed.

X factor???? He has no pace. He isn't hard at it. His disposal is average. He doesn't tackle or impact the contest??

What X factor???

Does anyone know anything about the young fella Moore? I’m happy to give him a pass today. He was terrible, but first game, and shitty conditions, and he had plenty of mates. So happy to overlook that performance.

But does anyone know what kind of player he is? What his weapons are? What his position is?
Apparently he won 3 coleman medal thingos with Richmond reserves.

And yet he’s already played one more AFL game than any of us ever will.

I don’t see the point of shitcanning a young bloke playing his first game.

First game Crippa played, he didn’t set the world on fire. Way way way to soon to be making that sort of call.

Not directing this specifically at you, Mister. Just a bit of an unnecessary theme becoming evident.

Not his first game of AFL, just his first game for us.

Clearly we need a public please explain. My understanding was that it was an illegal act. Both times has lead to an oppo goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't mind it's not paid as it's a bullshit rule but they should be paid as it is the rule.

Same as that 2nd 50 for Martin, just a bullshit rule that doesnt need to be in the game

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

As strange as it is to say after an underwhelming game, but I think this match finally confirms for me that Carlton is actually a good side again, even more than the last two weeks. Commentators say that good teams find a way to win even when they're playing poorly, and boy were some playing poorly today! But going into a match-up like this as favourites, we definitely would have lost this in the last 8 years. Especially given that:
  • Haven't beaten North since 2014
  • Haven't won at the Gabba since 2013
  • Our best performing key forward in McKay was a late withdrawal with no quality replacement
  • McGovern out injured for a half
  • Cripps managed in the last quarter after getting kicked in that marking contest
  • Shockingly 1-sided umpiring, especially in the last half (With the exception of the 100 metre penalty which was just as awful but in our favour)
  • Wet conditions

The bad Carlton teams of the last decade were, on rare occasion, able to challenge top sides sometimes and beat up on weaker unprepared teams. But none of them would have won today, which is why this "disappointing win" is for me the best proof so far that we're a quality team again.
This is the sentiment I will have, if we beat Clarkson on Friday. A 7 point win over north without ziebell and cunnington doesn't fit the "achievment" narrative

Experience would suggest he doesn't burn the ball and make good decisions. He burns the ball constantly and makes sh*t decisions. So other than being old what does he bring in terms of experience? Because if our kids follow his disposal into 50 we are f’ed.

X factor???? He has no pace. He isn't hard at it. His disposal is average. He doesn't tackle or impact the contest??

What X factor???

Not sure, other than the multiple match winning goals he has kicked in recent season: Freo, Essendon... And that’s in a side with few wins. Often clean by hand (I don’t look at stats much), providing a link in the chain. Just watch a bit closer maybe and not just the mistakes he makes. Anyway, horses for courses, Ill take Murph every week. Enjoy the vid...

Not sure, other than the multiple match winning goals he has kicked in recent season: Freo, Essendon... And that’s in a side with few wins. Often clean by hand (I don’t look at stats much), providing a link in the chain. Just watch a bit closer maybe and not just the mistakes he makes. Anyway, horses for courses, Ill take Murph every week.
Yeah he frustrates me as much as anyone but then turns in a game that reminds you why he is there.

His disposal is his 1 wood, especially when breaking lines but has games when his kicking is just putrid. Today he burnt it a fair bit (but who didnt)

Not sure, other than the multiple match winning goals he has kicked in recent season: Freo, Essendon... And that’s in a side with few wins. Often clean by hand (I don’t look at stats much), providing a link in the chain. Just watch a bit closer maybe and not just the mistakes he makes. Anyway, horses for courses, Ill take Murph every week.

If you look at his disposal it's unacceptable as a senior player. Including hospital handpasses. Not to mention his complete lack of defensive pressure.

Everyone rushes to defend Murphy but slams players like Plowman, Newnes and others.

It's a joke. NOT ONE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look at his disposal it's unacceptable as a senior player. Including hospital handpasses. Not to mention his complete lack of defensive pressure.

Everyone rushes to defend Murphy but slams players like Plowman, Newnes and others.

It's a joke. NOT ONE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.
Not suggesting he is, and I never pot players not even Moore today. Just an important cog in the wheel. Feel free to fire up though. Just remember that we won today and everyone did at least a bit...

Got to agree with that statement. I am really getting a little stressed myself. I just want to one day , watch carlton play and win by 10 goals ! Just no stress! I'm sure its part of our learning curve. To play in the close ones. So many times this year. Special mention to Cunningham. He in in my opinion going to be a star. A total team effort. Other than Weitering who is a star , an even performance. A lot of cameo performances. A team effort. We just have to keep the pressure on for 4 quaters. We did see that relaxing of pressure and too much total offensive football. North melbourne players free. On their own. They hurt us the other way. Having said all that Carlton are so good to watch at the moment. Loving it!
Happened two weeks ago v Bulldogs. I enjoyed it too and more to come.

Experience would suggest he doesn't burn the ball and make good decisions. He burns the ball constantly and makes sh*t decisions. So other than being old what does he bring in terms of experience? Because if our kids follow his disposal into 50 we are f’ed.

What X factor???
[/QUOT

Give it rest mate, plenty worse out there, pretty poor effort potting a carlton champion, HE'S PLAYING AN OUTSIDE ROLE, GET OVER IT. 22 possesions and did alot of good things out there.

Hard to know..but doesnt help when there's two opposition players pulling you down in front of the ump

Don’t even bother will get the “AFL tick of approval” - together with shit eating grins from the media who will laugh it off as part of the game - unless one of our blokes do it.

Which in that case they won’t be able to scream loud enough in protest.

:rolleyes:

You'd just think the TDK would have been a better option, given the reasoning.
In the dry, I would advocate for TDK too. The kid needs some runs on the board soon. I reckon he might have been bullied around the ground today and been a bit of a sacrificial lamb. Glad he didn’t come in tbh. He will have his day, and then some.

I thought it was Murphy when he kicked it

Not sure if it was just me but the camera work today shithouse, seemed to be watching from the moon at times.

It's been a thing this year, think they're down to bare bones network staff at some grounds and social distancing.

I don't know this, mind.

sh*t game and a LOT of areas for improvement, but absolutely take the win. Thank F**** for our backline yet again, especially Weiterbot, Plow and even Jones had a few really important intercepts. Ed was huge, Walsh really good again, love how clean Cuners is. Pit did a great job against Goldstein.
You are triggering some epilepsy with that avatar! Second one I called out today. Becoming an old fart!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back