• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care what else happens … but if Macca and Pickett both play next week I’m taking a weeks hiatus. They had 1 touch the entire last quarter when gut runners come into their own. They had 26 touches for 10 clangers. F**k them both off … for the love of god !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JGTI was a poor selection

Toy Story 4 Couple GIF by Walt Disney Studios
And will be picked for the rest of the year.

Honestly. Maurice was just absolutely awesome. His two tackles arguably kicked us back into gear for short stints.

Shai is also the best player on our list by a mile.

And Tom Brown should never play 2's again. Short on the the hand :knife:
Credit to yze in this case. Had the foresight to play him as a high half forward, where he looks at the level.

It was amazing to see Jack Graham breaking away from his opponent in the 2nd quarter. Has Zach Jones covered for speed.

Last edited:
Part of the double edged sword of playing the kids
They have some big moments but sometimes aren’t quite ready to rise to the occasion

Sonsie had a terrible 5 mins patch that could of changed the entire outcome
Wouldn’t drop him over it but he needs to be better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering our injury list, I thought we did OK today. St Kilda's a decent side with a strong defence, so losing by only 7 points after the injuries we had is a positive thing. There is a point where injuries just become too much to overcome. We're at that point.

Ross, Daniel Rioli, and Nankervis did well. Bolton, Martin, and our entire defence were outstanding. MRJ had his moments.

On the lowlights, I was very disappointed with Sonsie and Kosi today tbh. Absolutely no surprise that Kosi played like this though. We should've played Naismith or even Ryan ahead of him because this is what he was showing in the VFL.

Graham added nothing to our side today. He probably should've worked his way into our side through the VFL.

McIntosh and Pickett were average. Pickett was better than McIntosh though.

Hopefully McAuliffe is alright :( He was just warming up into the game before that happened.

Macauliife did a Bauer getting injured first game :( fuggin bloody shame. Would drop Kozi for next game and get Naismith to play up forward until Balta or Lynch can get back. Bloody disappointed throwing that away!

Absolutely DUMB football. We surely must be the dumbest football team in the league.

We kept the ball in motion to stretch the saints and not allow their backline to get set, switched to open the ground up and went quickly forward to great effect.

After quarter time, we were slow, didn't switch and went long down the line...

Tell me when the last time going long down the line to a contest serviced us? Didn't in Dimma's last 18 months with us...

To constantly do it, despite Nankervis dropping back, and not having your 2 main forwards (and best contested marks) missing, it was absolutely sheer lunacy to continue to do it. It is also lazy and the easy way to make it someone elses problem.

Everytime we did it and turned it over, our defensive structures were out of whack and Saints exploited this.

Just shit, dumb football.

We went short and slow against the Swans when they were surging and it worked. Why did we not try this again today?

Last edited:
Part of the double edged sword of playing the kids
They have some big moments but sometimes aren’t quite ready to rise to the occasion

Sonsie had a terrible 5 mins patch that could of changed the entire outcome
Wouldn’t drop him over it but he needs to be better
Yeah very disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back