Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People who are "pLaY aLl Da KiDz * U kMaC" only want to see the upside without any potential downside. They want to see McAuliffe have 18 nice touches, Cumberland kick 3, Tresize with 8 intercepts and Smith to have 9 Rebound 50s. The reality is we'll get 1 of those games for every 18 beltings we cop, at which point those same supporters will still be sinking the boots into the players, the coach or both.

Yes our games look ugly right now, but it's far more important for our young players to learn to how to compete and play in games that actually have a bit of pressure in them. You can sort gameplan specifics out later once they are actually mature enough to compute that stuff without worrying about getting a kick first. I liked what Yze said after the Freo game, that we come to games expecting to win. Yes it might a bit of front for the media and inside he's probably more realistic, but countless other coaches in the same position have foregone competitiveness for the sake of "learning the gameplan" or whatever else and actually stated that publicly too. It means that from early on in your career you're turning up expecting to get belted for the sake of a couple of nice looking handball chains and in my opinion that is a bad environment to be demanding development in, no matter the apparent positives you can offer up. The good looking piece of play where you get to shout "there's our future!!!!!" only happens when you're 73 points down and the oppo have stopped trying anyway.

For instance I would much rather have Pickett tagging Petracca and curb his influence (as he did), allowing us to stay in the game for longer, rather than have Sonsie stand next to him and get physically assaulted at every contest as he runs around for 38 touches and 2 goals. He can learn just as much and probably more by watching a senior player compete with the best. If you let your young players continually get their ass handed to them then it stops being development and becomes confidence crushing pretty quickly.
Yes but Cumberland for Campbell, who has had a good run is one you could do quite easily and not lose anything. Campbell needs to go and learn how to win his own ball, because I think he looks like a midfielder in waiting. Gets no contested ball right now.

Smith could come in for Banks, or as mentioned for Short who can go into the midfield.

Pickett can stay in the midfield for one job only, to tag Bont. as he did Petracca. If that doesn't work then the Petracca thing was a bit of a fluke, it didn't work last week.

You can introduce the young players gradually by revolving players.

Yes but Cumberland for Campbell, who has had a good run is one you could do quite easily and not lose anything. Campbell needs to go and learn how to win his own ball, because I think he looks like a midfielder in waiting. Gets no contested ball right now.

Smith could come in for Banks, or as mentioned for Short who can go into the midfield.

Pickett can stay in the midfield for one job only, to tag Bont. as he did Petracca. If that doesn't work then the Petracca thing was a bit of a fluke, it didn't work last week.

You can introduce the young players gradually by revolving players.
I agree about gradual rotation. We are coming up on Round 9, still 15 games left, I'm sure this will happen.

Grimes is old, and ****ed and can’t get a ball below the knees. Why invest time into a player who is retiring at years end versus possibly the next 10 year player. Broad can do his role piss easy. And Gibcus hopefully can return from injury next season as well. Grimes spot is well and truly covered.
I get all that I was more commenting that Trezise isn't really a like for like replacement for Grimes. Brown on the other hand, being over 7 feet tall by now is ideal.

I get all that I was more commenting that Trezise isn't really a like for like replacement for Grimes. Brown on the other hand, being over 7 feet tall by now is ideal.
But Broad can do his role.

You woke from your nap cranky today.
Nah mate, I mainly only get cranky at the ****ing umpiring and the rule changes. Just pointing out that there's always seven defenders selected.

But Broad can do his role.
For now yep and then hopefully Gibcus seems the perfect replacement if Miller and Young continue to come on. Ideally that's our three KPDs for the future.

What the hell do we do with Kosi ?

If he had an aggressive bone in his body he would be worth trying back there. U18 AA as a KPD.

For now yep and then hopefully Gibcus seems the perfect replacement if Miller and Young continue to come on. Ideally that's our three KPDs for the future.

What the hell do we do with Kosi ?

If he had an aggressive bone in his body he would be worth trying back there. U18 AA as a KPD.
Kossie is very disappointing so far. But, we got time. He’s young enough. But not the best start for sure.

Nah mate, I mainly only get cranky at the ******* umpiring and the rule changes. Just pointing out that there's always seven defenders selected.
Yeah, I know. I realised my mistake as soon as I posted but couldn't be f**ked correcting it.

I'm with you regarding the corrupt umpired and the insane rule changes.

Could have just given sonsie a lot more time in there and played KMAC2? Maurice could spend a bit of time at centre bounces also.
A midfield containing Sonsie, McAuliffe, MRJ and Dow up against the best clearance team in the comp is a recipe for disaster. Would've been a 100+ belting comfortably.

Dogs are definitely going to flat track bully us as they did last season. I remember that game at Etihad where everything bounced for them and their midfield just ran rampant. Can't see us getting close unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A midfield containing Sonsie, McAuliffe, MRJ and Dow up against the best clearance team in the comp is a recipe for disaster. Would've been a 100+ belting comfortably.
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

We don't get a good draft pick by winning ...

Dion will be back and probably Graham too ... Sonsie should stay ... Dow should play VFL with MacAuliffe and see whether he can tear a game apart now at that level

Mixed with shai,baker and I would throw short back in there. Dusty can go in from time to time.

Well he’s played 1 game in nearly a year so it’s a bit hard to judge. You wouldn’t have been disappointed the year before. I’v been disappointed with most games Mansell has played as a forward.
Mansell puts in effort every game, cumbo makes a mistake and its
Sad Baby GIF

As his opponent runs off with the ball

We're going to end Beveridges career on Saturday. Put your house on it.
If they can’t beat an injury hit Richmond. He should walk let alone get sacked.

Back