List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hine Stuffed Up and I am disappointed in the Club on Bringing players back that are Suspended this this Season for Drug Cheating

WTF is wrong with you Dave. Everybody (including you) knew we were going to rookie them in this draft. Yet you still carry on like a pork chop.

If the main draft was considered shallow by our recruiting department, how do you think they would rate the rookie draft then?
Keeffe & Thomas may not play until 2017, but they are still far & away the best recruits available in this rookie draft. The only one who comes close is Adcock & he is on his last legs.

Last edited:
Ah what?

In our best 22 we have Cloke, White, Reid (who can swing and will actually probably spend more time forward in 2017 given we have another AFL capable key defender in Keeffe to go with Brown, Frost and Marsh) and then Moore and Gault developing. Not to mention two best 22 ruckman which will probably spend quite a bit of time forward if we plan on playing both.

We do not need to make some speculative pick on some spud that's already been passed up in a shallow draft that had already been depleted of ts key position talent in the second round.
Lol. How anyone can class Gault as still developing is beyond me. The kid will be pushing 30 and still developing in some peoples eyes here...

3 Queenslanders in one hit move onto the list. Smith obviously the big surprise packet from us. Inside Football didn't rank him in the top 250 prospects to be drafted. Let's hope he turns into a winner.

You shouldn't make assumptions like that without even knowing the person Dave. I'm sure you wouldn't like people to do that to you.

Somone Posted on here that what he was. I did not make it up.

Well I guess then he was Too Short or Not Good Enough

Forget for a second about the fact that Keeffe and Thomas have been suspended and consider the depth that they will add to the 2017 season onwards and it just makes sense. As rookies you shouldn't expect them to get game time in the next season anyway so I'm completely fine with these picks as it will make us stronger for when we are aiming to peak as a club.

You shouldn't make assumptions like that without even knowing the person Dave. I'm sure you wouldn't like people to do that to you.
Nah it's fine to be venomous and draw conclusions and make criticisms that no one can plainly say exist for certain, without a shred of evidence.

Lol. How anyone can class Gault as still developing is beyond me. The kid will be pushing 30 and still developing in some peoples eyes here...
The fact is he is on the list and still a better option as a KPf than what we could have selected in round one of this seasons rookie draft. Which is what was being bemoaned.

I need a vent:

What are Collingwood recruiters doing, we took 9 players in the draft and rookie draft, only one of which was a tall forward (who hasn't played football since he was 15), and no small crumbing goal kicker! The 2 obvious needs on our list.

Instead we went about recruiting more inside midfielders and one guy who plays a bit like Pendlebury.

Crocker I'm quite happy with, same size and shape as Roughead, but the rest, excess to requirements.

Come on CFC give us our next Alan Didak or Leon Davis!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need a vent:

What are Collingwood recruiters doing, we took 9 players in the draft and rookie draft, none of which were a tall forward, or a small crumbing goal kicker! The 2 obvious needs on our list.

Instead we went about recruiting more inside midfielders and one guy who plays a bit like Pendlebury.

Crocker I'm quite happy with, same size and shape as Roughead, but the rest, excess to requirements.

Come on CFC give us our next Alan Didak or Leon Davis!

Crocker is 185cm and Roughead is around 193-195cm

The fact is he is on the list and still a better option as a KPf than what we could have selected in round one of this seasons rookie draft. Which is what was being bemoaned.
I still wish we had cut our losses with him TBH. I hope Wyatt ends up being a decent prospect, but I'm wary of putting too much stock in a Cat B rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back