Lingsface

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
if you could pick 5 players from your state that you feel may not go in the draft and might be rookie listed who will they be...
mine is (WA)
1.Ryan Brabazon- will go to a club in this years draft either rookie or national
2.Brennan Mills- Good Enough to go top 10 on ability but because of injuries doubtful wether he will go in draft, but would have to be a certain rookie list at least.
3.Matthew Priddis- 20 years old but worth the risk has been a dominant player in wafl league at a young age.
4.Garrick Ibbotson- Has been great in WAFL Colts and has got good athleticism and good size, invite to draft camp as well.
5.Brad Collard- had a very good state screening and played 18s last year.

Cathal Corr (Northern) Super competitive hard at it midfielder with pace
Tyson Goldsack (Gippsland) Lanky Agile Tall Forward lot of scope
Ed Barlow (Oakleigh) Athletic Tall wingmen can get a lot of the ball
Jarrod Silvestor (Coburg) Athletic Versatile Tall

1. Lukas Markovic- Can play CHF or CHB, great guy and was playing well until he dislocated his ankle.
2. Heath Hocking- Was great last year in the TAC cup but slowed down alot this year, aslo broke his arm which didnt help
3. Scott Meyer- Williamstown VFL, ruckman/forward
4. Ricky Delphine- Small but played a great GF in the TAC
5. Daniel Nicholls- Theres something about him i like, although he is fairly small aswell

Cathal Corr - just tough and hard at it something every club needs
Ricky Delphine - may be small but knows how to find it
Simon Phillips - again small but good skills and ball control and can find the goals

Tassie would have a couple:
1. Heath Neville: Good hard running defender, has to watch his kicks
2. Matthew Wade: Short on-baller/forward who had a couple of good games this year. Probably too short so maybe rookied.
3. Ian Callinan: Tassie Devils player who won JJ Liston this year, deserves a chance at AFL

Lingsface said:
if you could pick 5 players from your state that you feel may not go in the draft and might be rookie listed who will they be...
mine is (WA)
1.Ryan Brabazon- will go to a club in this years draft either rookie or national
2.Brennan Mills- Good Enough to go top 10 on ability but because of injuries doubtful wether he will go in draft, but would have to be a certain rookie list at least.
3.Matthew Priddis- 20 years old but worth the risk has been a dominant player in wafl league at a young age.
4.Garrick Ibbotson- Has been great in WAFL Colts and has got good athleticism and good size, invite to draft camp as well.
5.Brad Collard- had a very good state screening and played 18s last year.

I would be absolutley stoked if WCE got Mills on the rookie list. Over the ********ing moon. Pardon my french.

I think Ibbotson will go in the national IMO. However, we thought that about Swallow and Toovey last year so who knows. He is too young to be rookied.

BRISBANE:
I feel it's looking more likely that these guys will end up on the Rookie List for Brisbane. Kannis & White being the most likely out of the bunch to get drafted.
1. Kannis
2. Spurr
3. Keil
4. White
5. Roffey

Cerpin Taxt said:
Did Mills play Colts all year?

After re-injuring his leg early in the season, in a comeback match with the Wembley Amateurs (I think), he missed alot of the season but did finished up playing 10 games with the Claremont Colts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Ricky Delphine gets either Drafted or Rookied! he is one of the best small players i have seen this year and is an absolute ball magnet!

Also wouldnt be suprised if West Coast pick up Matt Seal with either a late draft pick(pick 50) or on the rookie list......

Cerpin Taxt said:
Ah ok. I go to Uni with a few Hale boys and they all reckon Mills is just as good as Morton, and less of a knob.

haha, yeah Brennen is a great bloke, but so is Mitch... both were very similar standard of players at school... and had Brennen not broken his leg in 2004, he probably would have been taken in the first round this year... Morton has just had a "easy" ride through the ranks.

Both were co-captains of Hale 1st XVIII in 04' and Brennen was B&F for WA State U/16's (I think), spose that just says he had a good carnival but can dominate a game...

If we can get Mills at wce we will have a very bright future.

Morton, Mills, Butler, Waters, Rosa, Sharp, Lecras just to name a few. Looks pretty good.

king_Brown said:
I really hope Ricky Delphine gets either Drafted or Rookied! he is one of the best small players i have seen this year and is an absolute ball magnet!

Also wouldnt be suprised if West Coast pick up Matt Seal with either a late draft pick(pick 50) or on the rookie list......
Matt Seals going to richmond at pick 40 if hes available, or so ******** says

king_Brown said:

Ricky is too young to Rookie List this year.
Probably go around in the TAC again next year and keep racking up the stats!

If he has a growth spurt might be a chance of rookie/draft as has all the skills - high possession winner, great mark, good shot on goal (seen him kick a couple from around 50). Also has great sprint pace which is not always evident because he is more often than not the hard ball winner at the bottom of packs.

Will be captain/vice captain of Gippsland next year who should be in the top 4 again and will be a strong candidate to make Vic Country already.

I think the following could be chances at rookie listing/late draft.
And yes I know I pretty much only post about Gippsland players but I have seen a lot of them.

Fraser and Dunne the most likely to be drafted.

Chris Dunne - Outside midfielder/wing. Not overly quick but got a mid 14s beep at state screening and seems to find space easily. Very good finisher with goalkicking, won a couple of games of his own boot late in the season and his goal against Northen in the prelim to seal the game was outstanding. Definitely not built enough to play AFL yet but right attitude to make it.

Ben Fraser - KP Forward. Noticed he was in a few people's phantom drafts/list of possible recruits earlier in the year but dropped out lately. Unfortunately for him his quietest games were 2 out of 3 championship games and the TAC GF. Played well in the other 2 TAC finals and the 1 other championship game. Strong contested mark and great shot at goal kicking 48 - 26 from CHF. Also got a high 14s beep test at state screening and good sprint times. Looked taller than 190 at end of season to me for whatever it is worth and seems to be a player who would improve a lot in a professional(AFL) environment and also able to play in 2006.

Craig Flint - FB/HBF. Very very reliable defender. Last year played a handful of games as a HFF without making any real impact. This year held the FB place all year and really was the leader of a great back 6. Never had a big bag of goals kicked on him. Only bad game was against Dandenong early in the season when the Vic Country coach was watching him closely - unfortunate for the kid to miss out. Very slightly built but attacks the ball strongly and good mark. Runs off his man regularly but is smart enough to time his runs and not leave opponent free. If someone rookies him will take time to get to AFL level.

Steve O'Bryan. Centre. The good first. Best disposal in Gippsland team (incl. Ellis) and in top few in league. Neagle at FF would have loved O'Bryan kicking to him as he never misses a target and really knows where to place the ball to forwards. Can also play the tagging roll as well as key defense if required. Has played on Dowler and Deledio(when he played CHF) and done well. Main concerns are his pace, not having great endurance or sprint ability, and not racking up really high stat games. Could see him being rookied due to excellent disposal, leadership skills, and high work ethic + being well enough developed to play against men.

And for someone not from Gippsland.
Bill Driscoll. Rover/FP. Pretty small (174cm). Got a soft spot for the smaller guys who can kick goals. The most accurate goalkicker in the TAC this year kicking 48 - 19. Did not have a great championships like most of the Vic Country team but played great for Nth Ballarat. From the games I saw kicked plenty of goals from marks and not just the usual small guy roving. Great set shot at goal up to around 45 out. Rookie list this guy and get a real hard worker who is able to play on ball as well as roving/marking deep forward. Also impressed as a leader even though quite quiet on the field.

And Scott Meyer - Gippsland Power player last year. Has grown a few cms to be a legitimate ruck prospect playing well in the VFL this year playing for Willy.

:::buddy38::: said:
1. Lukas Markovic- Can play CHF or CHB, great guy and was playing well until he dislocated his ankle.
2. Heath Hocking- Was great last year in the TAC cup but slowed down alot this year, aslo broke his arm which didnt help
3. Scott Meyer- Williamstown VFL, ruckman/forward
4. Ricky Delphine- Small but played a great GF in the TAC
5. Daniel Nicholls- Theres something about him i like, although he is fairly small aswell

daniel nicholls has been approached by richmond, im not sure as to rookie list or late pick but ive played against him and with him numerously, great player, bit thin though

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie list/Late Picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back