Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Houston isn't going anywhere. Last time we lost a player of his calibre I reckon was Burgoyne and that was 15 years ago. Wingard got pushed out so I don't count him, and I extremely doubt we'd be pushing Houston out, he's honestly one of the most underrated players in the comp and seems happy to fly under the radar. We have a great track record of keeping players we want to keep no matter where they come from. Gray, Boak, Wines, even Georgiades signing on last year for 4 years after doing his ACL while being dropped to the ressies speaks volumes. Signing for WC or Freo would have been an extremely easy option for him at that time and no doubt they came calling, but I think both parties are seeing reward for his decision to stay at the moment.

If we don't want to lose Houston, then I'm confident we don't lose him.

Nah, Houston isn't going anywhere. Last time we lost a player of his calibre I reckon was Burgoyne and that was 15 years ago. Wingard got pushed out so I don't count him, and I extremely doubt we'd be pushing Houston out, he's honestly one of the most underrated players in the comp and seems happy to fly under the radar. We have a great track record of keeping players we want to keep no matter where they come from. Gray, Boak, Wines, even Georgiades signing on last year for 4 years after doing his ACL while being dropped to the ressies speaks volumes. Signing for WC or Freo would have been an extremely easy option for him at that time and no doubt they came calling, but I think both parties are seeing reward for his decision to stay at the moment.

Wingard didn't have the professionalism to get the best out of himself sadly. Could have been Port's best ever player in history and had all the talent in the world. It is a shame what has happened since then since he clearly never got back to his best.:huh:

100% keep Houston if we have any say in it, or simply if the deal isn’t good enough. There is no realistic scenario where we are a better team in the short term without him. If Pickett is a possibility then maybe we gain enough to off set the loss.

2 early picks isn’t realistic. If it’s a top 10 pick it’s probably that on its own. 2 picks in the teens isn’t really worth it.

Wingard didn't have the professionalism to get the best out of himself sadly.
I know the Fortnite thing's become a bit of a meme, but interesting to see that the heat's now coming onto Max Verstappen for staying up to 3 a.m. playing sim racing on the eve of F1 races. I guess if you're a three-time world champion and the dominant driver you can do what you want and tell people that don't like it to **** off as he's currently doing.

I know the Fortnite thing's become a bit of a meme, but interesting to see that the heat's now coming onto Max Verstappen for staying up to 3 a.m. playing sim racing on the eve of F1 races. I guess if you're a three-time world champion and the dominant driver you can do what you want and tell people that don't like it to **** off as he's currently doing.
Difference is the max obsesses over Sim racing because he loves driving, winning, and being the best.

And he's actually successful.

Difference is the max obsesses over Sim racing because he loves driving, winning, and being the best.

And he's actually successful.
Verstappen's avid sim racing is said to be one of the reasons he is such a great driver. He has previously said that a lot of his aggressive moves & techniques have been honed via sim racing.

Not sure that playing Fornite is all that helpful in honing footy skills!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar type players.

One’s AA, the other isn’t.

Doesn't matter.

Unless Day publicly stated he wanted out of Hawthorn they wouldn't entertain the thought at all, and nor should they. And unless you have an absolute love for the PAFC nearly every player in the league would choose Hawthorn over Port at the moment.

Pickett and Day are both worth more than Houston in a trade. And age is 99% the factor (although I think Day is the better player). It’s amazing how much age is ignored on bigfooty when considering trade value.

Houston will leave if he wants out for family reasons. We're already balls deep into Perryman. We could make good out of a bad situation here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back