Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

The dream is getting two first rounders - The reality is one first and a future second. Perhaps some pick swaps but we won't get the true worth of Dan. I want Dan to stay at least for another year under a different coach.

If we got the Cows and Melbourne pick for Houston, it would be very good business.

If they have someone to come into the midfield they are happy with, Houston would be deadly running off May and Lever. Their go time is now and Houston would make their unbelievable backline even better.

We would pick up a hot midfielder like Sid Draper and then another hot midfielder or key position player or wheel and deal if they like a couple of players in the teens or so.

Also, I think Faz could play the seagull, quarterback role.

If we also pick up Perryman, we are really amongst it talent wise.

Who on earth is giving us 2 first rounders for Houston?

If Melbourne lose Oliver and still consider themselves in the window then they quite possibly would

as if Hinkley was going to just leave without ****ing things up for the future

Yup, he's not a tree planter type. More a use the fallow field every year until it's ruined and then use the common.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Houston is rumoured to be on the trade table.

I wouldn't mind entertaining a bid for Saint's Mattaes Phillipou + their 1st pick?

Don't think the Saints will do it. Would ask.
Saints supporters aren't happy about picks that have been burnt in the past.

Get the feeling the Melbourne deal is down the track. A 1st this year and nexts year's 1st that Melbourne think will be a late teens pick but I'd be happy to punt otherwise is a deal that gets done.

This would be a classic Davies and co move. Sold some of our future, which hasn't turned out, so now push out a best 22 fan favourite to get back into the draft

How many times does it need to be said that Houston isn't getting pushed out?

The Club want to keep him - he is seriously considering moving back to Victoria for personal reasons. It's not that hard to comprehend.

The Club want to keep him - he is seriously considering moving back to Victoria for personal reasons. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Yeah i agree, it's a big stretch to assume that no player ever wants to leave PAFC and they're only ever pushed out the door.

Yeah i agree, it's a big stretch to assume that no player ever wants to leave PAFC and they're only ever pushed out the door.

You actually want to have some sort of turnover each year. Keeping the same squad brings continuity but also a level of complacency.

People just assume incompetence now because there is so much evidence saying that's usually the case.

We'll settle for an early 3rd and pay out his 4 year contract in full, plus give them Sinn for good luck :huh:
Kevin Hart GIF by Complex

I was planning to post exactly this after I started reading this thread this morning.

Doesn't suit the narrative of the demon Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back