Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

The absolute core of list management is knowing where you're at. I'd suggest we actually peaked circa 2020-2021 and now have a lot of key players who are at or near the end. I don't see our current list as premiership standard.

No-one in 2018 & 2019 knew that 2020 & 2021 was going to happen.

Well we've pushed Melbournes current best pick back to 6 or 9 after everyone gets Father Son, Compo and Academy. That's probably where it stays now Melbourne are hopeless for the season.

Pick 9 doesn't get it done.

Love players like Houston , you get to relax for a second when he has the ball
This hits the nail on the head.

As much as I love Bergman and his defensive efforts, he tends to have some very questionable decision making with ball in hand and is error-prone coming out of defence. When Houston or Farell have the ball, you can nearly guarantee they will find their target. Evans is coming along beautifully and I reckon will be able to fill that hole eventually but I would be asking Dan very strongly to consider staying at least one more year until we are sure Evans is ready to take over.
He signed the contract, he shouldn't feel too aggrieved if we hold him to one more year out of the 3 remaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest ive heard is a 3 way deal
Houston to Melbourne
Gold Coast get Melbourne future 1st
Port get Melbourne 1st and Lukosius
Only problem is Lukosius salary so we could get another pick from Gold Coast.

But my main source still says Houston isn't going anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back