Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest ive heard is a 3 way deal
Houston to Melbourne
Gold Coast get Melbourne future 1st
Port get Melbourne 1st and Lukosius
Only problem is Lukosius salary so we could get another pick from Gold Coast.

But my main source still says Houston isn't going anywhere
I know a fair few are against Lukosius but we really don't know about Marshall and I wouldn't mind getting him if we could also get a decent pick in the draft as well.

Luko could easily play the 3rd tall forward.

There will be all sorts of deals in the works. Who knows what they will settle on.

Imagine Houston with Melbourne's umpires? They'll be calling the Brownlow the Houston Medal by the time he retires.

Houston looked a bit disengaged from the supporters when the players were high fiving them as they exited around the ground and then when coming into the changerooms.

I’d still like Pickett and would do a straight swap happily enough on the grounds that we don’t have anyone who can fill the role Pickett will for the next 7-10 years.

Pick 9 and Lukosius is meh for me. I just don’t rate Lukosius. He’s Jack Watts all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think that we could turn Houston into a top 10 pick and lukosious, seems like way too much for Melbourne to be responsibly giving up in their current position. But if we could get that we would do it in a heartbeat.

I still think we should be throwing the kitchen sink at Pickett to get him to request a trade…

It would take Pickett to say he wants out and to come home then it becomes a discussion between the clubs.
You’d think we could make this happen. He was from the same U18 cohort as Mead and seems close to him, and would have a chance to play at his uncle’s club alongside both Jase and Rome Burgoyne, and in a forward line with SPP and Rioli in 2025. On the surface of it, it looks like a better fit for him than Melbourne is for Houston.

If we can convince him that now is the time to request a trade, it should make it a very clean transaction.

I wouldn’t expect either party to ask for more. Pickett is younger but Houston is the better, more proven player currently and has 4+ years of very strong footy ahead of him.

The latest ive heard is a 3 way deal
Houston to Melbourne
Gold Coast get Melbourne future 1st
Port get Melbourne 1st and Lukosius
Only problem is Lukosius salary so we could get another pick from Gold Coast.

But my main source still says Houston isn't going anywhere
No deal for me.. if there’s no Pickett involved I’m not dealing..

Force melbournes hand, let’s really see how much they want Houston

I know a fair few are against Lukosius but we really don't know about Marshall and I wouldn't mind getting him if we could also get a decent pick in the draft as well.

Luko could easily play the 3rd tall forward.
He can easily play the marshall role, be invisible and non competitive for large portions of matches

If hardwick doesn’t rate him that’s enough for me to not touch him..

Luko and pick 6 with Marshall out (if that happens) works.

Preferable to get the pick Melbourne get from the Crows for Oliver.

Will take that on its own if need be.
Why are you so confident Oliver is going to the crows and for their first pick?
Haven’t heard much about the trade and surely no one’s handing over pick 4 for Oliver (unless he comes with half a tonne of coke as a part of the deal).

Tom Morris has been reporting on SEN this week that the asking price from Richmond for Daniel Rioli getting to the Gold Coast is 2 first round picks. He believes their picks 12 and 20 would get that deal done.

If that's the price for Rioli, theoretically Port shouldn't have trouble getting 2 first rounders (or equivalent value) in a trade for Houston. Port are going to be under more pressure to extract more value from Melbourne in such a scenario where Rioli gets traded for two first rounders, because the talent gap between he and Houston is enormous - and it's rare where we can see a relatively apples for apples trade comparison outside of the obvious talent discrepancy (flanker who is contracted wanting to move to a team who has missed the finals the previous season).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back