Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Forward line is a mess rather than a weakness I think it could look a lot better and it's fixable.

This is an issue with trading Houston.

Houston has the ball you are a forward you know when to lead and where to lead.

We don't need a forward we need a mid with foot skills and a game forwards can predict.

The game against Carlton was an example of how good forwards look with a midfield that delivers where it should.

Tim Evans probably owes Russell Ebert half of his goals.

Not a knock on Zak but if you're a forward and Zak is zigzagging though the half forward line where do you lead?

The mids with foot skills and game we are looking for are at the top end of the draft.

I don't even think the forward line is a mess. The tall structure with Georgie, Esava and Dixon is ideal because they all have a point of difference. The player we miss around them is SPP. He and Rioli with JHF/Rozee/Butters rotating through there - with Narkle/Evans/Mead as secondary options would be a really good mix.

Even without SPP there's enough talent and scoring power to do some serious damage if the mids are on top as you said.

Next season without Dixon (assuming he pulls the pin) we do lose that big bail out forward option. That should be Lord's position to claim, he might have to get a bit bigger and consistent but he could do a role.

Next year add in Benny Barrett possibly or the pipe dream of Pickett and you couldn't ask for much more.

For next year, I'm not sure how to fit Marshall in given his ongoing concussion concerns. He could still be an option in place of Dixon with a different forward plan.

Surely the club is trolling by putting the 2 guys rumoured to be potentially going home in this post lol

They look good. Nice clean lines, not too much advertising interference. On the stage where it belongs.

Yeh, they have disgraced it before.
That’s why in a way I’ve moved on from it and prefer not to wear it. We are aware it’s our history but our players don’t seem to be that bonded to our history.

Our Forward line is a mess rather than a weakness I think it could look a lot better and it's fixable.

This is an issue with trading Houston.

Houston has the ball you are a forward you know when to lead and where to lead.

We don't need a forward we need a mid with foot skills and a game forwards can predict.

The game against Carlton was an example of how good forwards look with a midfield that delivers where it should.

Tim Evans probably owes Russell Ebert half of his goals.

Not a knock on Zak but if you're a forward and Zak is zigzagging though the half forward line where do you lead?

The mids with foot skills and game we are looking for are at the top end of the draft.

Doesn’t matter, Zak will find you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When's the last time we lost someone we didn't want to lose?

Polec and duursma I dont think the club gave a stuff about keeping did they?

Maybe karlos amon?
They would rather have kept Impey but understood his desire to get home.

We actually offered Polec a reasonable contract, so wouldn't go so far as we didn't give a stuff - they certainly tried to retain him.

Duursma and Amon were told it was ok for them to test the market.

They would rather have kept Impey but understood his desire to get home.

We actually offered Polec a reasonable contract, so wouldn't go so far as we didn't give a stuff - they certainly tried to retain him.

Duursma and Amon were told it was ok for them to test the market.

I guess my point is, Houston is absolutely elite quality, and presumably we don't want to lose him. And we've had a pretty good record of retaining those type of players

I reckon Petracca would venture to SA considering he enjoyed his time here during Gather Round. Look pretty good in our stacked midfield too but we really do need another small dynamic forward. This guy could do both.
There is zero chance Petracca is leaving Victoria.

Melbourne is a bizarre choice for Houston. If the talk was hawthorn or Geelong I’d be able to make more sense of it. But if Melbourne is his choice it must be purely about $, which means we can still meet him halfway and keep him.

The offer needs to be pretty strong from the dees both to Houston and to us for a deal to happen I would’ve thought.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back