Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne is a bizarre choice for Houston. If the talk was hawthorn or Geelong I’d be able to make more sense of it. But if Melbourne is his choice it must be purely about $, which means we can still meet him halfway and keep him.

The offer needs to be pretty strong from the dees both to Houston and to us for a deal to happen I would’ve thought.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hinkley has taught the players its about work life balance and not about winning a premiership

Melbourne is a bizarre choice for Houston. If the talk was hawthorn or Geelong I’d be able to make more sense of it. But if Melbourne is his choice it must be purely about $, which means we can still meet him halfway and keep him.

The offer needs to be pretty strong from the dees both to Houston and to us for a deal to happen I would’ve thought.

There isnt a choice ... Supposedly has interest in returning home, and so far Melbourne is the club that has responded with a good offer.

Is it genuine? Or is it his manager trying to get more from his low contract at Port .... Time will tell

There isnt a choice ... Supposedly has interest in returning home, and so far Melbourne is the club that has responded with a good offer.

Is it genuine? Or is it his manager trying to get more from his low contract at Port .... Time will tell
Too much noise he's gone & we'll deal because it's what we do.

There's other clubs that want in.

It's just Melbourne are favourite and keen to get a deal done. Houston is gone be it to Melbourne, Saints or Tiger's. We will get a decent 1st round pick because that's what it will take to get the deal done.

Read chewy’s post. It’s Melbourne only.

Demons utility Alex Neal-Bullen has reportedly requested a trade out of Melbourne, according to The Age journalist Marc McGowan on Tuesday night. The 28-year-old — contracted until the end of 2026 — is thought to desire a return to his home state of South Australia, with his decision said to be unrelated to any concerns about the club’s trajectory and instead for family reasons.

Demons utility Alex Neal-Bullen has reportedly requested a trade out of Melbourne, according to The Age journalist Marc McGowan on Tuesday night. The 28-year-old — contracted until the end of 2026 — is thought to desire a return to his home state of South Australia, with his decision said to be unrelated to any concerns about the club’s trajectory and instead for family reasons.

"It's not you it's me."

Apparently Viney wants out as well.

A straight swap for DBJ is about his value.

From an outside perspective, Melbourne look in disarray. If Dan’s motivation to depart Port is based primarily on money, he would be making a massive mistake IMHO.

After this weeks revelations, you would think it would be more likely that Houston will remain at Port with a new contract that more accurately reflects his current market value.

From an outside perspective, Melbourne look in disarray. If Dan’s motivation to depart Port is based primarily on money, he would be making a massive mistake IMHO.

I don't think his motivation to depart Port is money. I'd say his motivation to choose Melbourne as his destination would be largely based on their offer to him.

Irrespective, not all players are driven by team success. Hard for us to believe as fans but it's true. Some are driven by individual accolades, some are driven by maximising their earnings, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd better not even think of a swap!

Chewy316

Does this apparent mass exodus (Trac/goodwin, Oliver, ANB) rumours at Melbourne potentially impact a Houston trade?

Are we still likely to get 2 first round picks do you think?

I wouldn't think so, but you can never be certain.

I wouldn't be able to stomach Houston moving to Geelong.

But it would be nice to have to deal with Mackie and hopefully be a campaigner the whole time

We could say No to anything he offered.

We'd better not even think of a swap!

I'd be ok with two first rounders and Neal-Bullen for Houston. We have to rinse the Glenelg from his DNA though.

Is that even possible?

No, it bubbles up eventually. All you can do is suppress it for as long as necessary. The trick is recognising it, something we haven't been good at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back