Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly cant see us getting 2 high firsts for Houston and although we have the upper hand, the reality is that he wants to go the deal will get done. Min start offer is a top ten pick this year as the options are elite with so many good mids. From there your probably going to be looking at a mix of future swaps in the 2nd rd region and/ or players.

Honestly cant see us getting 2 high firsts for Houston and although we have the upper hand, the reality is that he wants to go the deal will get done. Min start offer is a top ten pick this year as the options are elite with so many good mids. From there your probably going to be looking at a mix of future swaps in the 2nd rd region and/ or players.

No. Starts with a mid 1st round pick and if they really want to negotiate we will accept more.

I'll be filthy if we trade Houston. I don't care what he wants, we rookied him. Could have not had a career.

I'll never understand players wanting to go home at 25+, when they basically play interstate every second game anyway. They'd see their family more than most people.
If they are planning kids I can 100% see the appeal of parental support.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ANB should not be in any potential deal with Houston assuming ANB has nominated Port.

Either Houston stays or Dees cough up 2 x High End 1st round picks and something a little extra. Otherwise, no deal thank you very much.
I'm worried he will be our Dean Gore.

Just there to muddy the waters and make it seem like we didn't lose as badly as we did.

is sid draper actually in our draft range if we get pick 6-8 from dees? sam lalor sounds more reasonable

Nobody knows with the first 8.

Lalor is ranked 9 with Twomey and 5 elsewhere. Suspect he's the bolter.

Lalor/Smillie/Smith/O'Sullivan/Ashcroft who along with Lombard who gets an early bid, seem to be firming for no real reason at the very top end.

Then it's Draper and Reid.

Then depending on how Hotton looks with his recovery as a possible bolter if a club has multiple picks and feels like a punt.

Nobody knows with the first 8.

Lalor is ranked 9 with Twomey and 5 elsewhere. Suspect he's the bolter.

Lalor/Smillie/Smith/O'Sullivan/Ashcroft who along with Lombard who gets an early bid, seem to be firming for no real reason at the very top end.

Then it's Draper and Reid.

Then depending on how Hotton looks with his recovery as a possible bolter if a club has multiple picks and feels like a punt.
The quality and evenness of the top 10 this year, means that you could order it in many ways and make an argument. Anyways if you can get a top 10 pick your going to get quality.

Read chewy’s post. It’s Melbourne only.
I have, AND all the external reports on it, and all I am seeing is that Melbourne are the keenest, and have made the highest offer .. So of course its (Insert highest bidder) then!

But if another club comes in higher, I bet my left nut it will then be (insert highest bidder) that becomes the "only" team!

He has no real connection to Melbourne ... It is always about the money. That being said, I tentatively put my other nut on the line that Houston is going nowhere! That this is a fishing expedition by his manager.

Ps .. I could end up with a real squeaky voice by the end of this caper! :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have, AND all the external reports on it, and all I am seeing is that Melbourne are the keenest, and have made the highest offer .. So of course its (Insert highest bidder) then!

But if another club comes in higher, I bet my left nut it will then be (insert highest bidder) that becomes the "only" team!

He has no real connection to Melbourne ... It is always about the money. That being said, I tentatively put my other nut on the line that Houston is going nowhere! That this is a fishing expedition by his manager.

Pipsqueak

I find it interesting they rolled out Bergman and Houston in the PBs this week...

Houston was shopped around many weeks ago. Melbourne are the only team Houston's agent is negotiating with at this point.

The odds of another team being able to swoop in when they've already had their opportunity to do so many weeks ago, is remote.

Houston was shopped around many weeks ago. Melbourne are the only team Houston's agent is negotiating with at this point.

The odds of another team being able to swoop in when they've already had their opportunity to do so many weeks ago, is remote.
My point is ... He was shopped around! He hasnt chosen Melbourne as the ONLY team he is willing to deal with - as some have suggested. His agent is currently negotiating only with Melbourne, merely because they are they only team that has made a serious offer.

Still early days though isn't it? Why wouldn't his manager continue to field the best offers? Still plenty of time until the trade period.

No I thought YOU would be mad? Is it that time of year that Port supporters are happy to watch their best players walk out the door?
Most people here are mature enough to deal with it, he's a player we took as a rookie and could yield a pretty decent return. We don't lose many that's Camry culture you are thinking of m8.

If they are planning kids I can 100% see the appeal of parental support sacking Hinkley and all his family hangers on at the club and employing said four parents as 'assistant coaches'... to the future father-and-son-or-daughter pick.

FTFY

No I thought YOU would be mad? Is it that time of year that Port supporters are happy to watch their best players walk out the door?

no it's the time of year where we go crazy with the unanswerable questions like 'what would Razor Ray actually DO with Occam's Razor?' ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back