Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is ... He was shopped around! He hasnt chosen Melbourne as the ONLY team he is willing to deal with - as some have suggested. His agent is currently negotiating only with Melbourne, merely because they are they only team that has made a serious offer.

You're missing the point here completely.

He was shopped around weeks ago - teams have already have ample time to make a serious offer. Multiple clubs made serious considerations to getting him weeks ago. St. Kilda wanted him big time and Steve Silvagni leaked this entire story to the media when Houston's agent told the Saints, "no." It eventuated that Melbourne were willing to pay him what he was after, and they also haven't been scared off by Port's 2 first round pick price to get Houston via trade.

Things may have changed, but as of around a week ago, his camp had narrowed things down to Melbourne only and his agent was in negotiations with only the Demons.

Still early days though isn't it? Why wouldn't his manager continue to field the best offers? Still plenty of time until the trade period.

I wouldn't consider it early days at all. The "trade period" is where the deals officially get done. But negotiations are being had between list managers and agents 12 months of the year.

Might a team come from no where and enter the race for Houston? Sure. Do I expect it? No, because if that were the case, why wouldn't they have made an offer all those weeks ago when his agent did the rounds to gauge interest to get him back to Victoria in the first place?

Watch Melbourne step out of the race, we move Dan for unders like pick 10 by itself or something.

There goes the 2 first rounders if Melbourne step out of the picture imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has certainly escalated quickly.

Melbourne always seemed an odd choice but there's generally reasons why players pick certain teams that none of us are privy to.

Will be interesting to see how it eventuates from here.

Oh No Fire GIF

Lol houston walking into his interview at the demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back