Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

The "trade period" is where the deals officially get done. But negotiations are being had between list managers and agents 12 months of the year.

This part always baffles me. Like, what do people think player agents do for the 11.5 months of the year that are not the official player movement period?

Logan Austin.

You're missing the point here completely.

He was shopped around weeks ago - teams have already have ample time to make a serious offer. Multiple clubs made serious considerations to getting him weeks ago. St. Kilda wanted him big time and Steve Silvagni leaked this entire story to the media when Houston's agent told the Saints, "no." It eventuated that Melbourne were willing to pay him what he was after, and they also haven't been scared off by Port's 2 first round pick price to get Houston via trade.

Things may have changed, but as of around a week ago, his camp had narrowed things down to Melbourne only and his agent was in negotiations with only the Demons.

I wouldn't consider it early days at all. The "trade period" is where the deals officially get done. But negotiations are being had between list managers and agents 12 months of the year.

Might a team come from no where and enter the race for Houston? Sure. Do I expect it? No, because if that were the case, why wouldn't they have made an offer all those weeks ago when his agent did the rounds to gauge interest to get him back to Victoria in the first place?
Read the back story mate! My post wasnt aimed at you or your info - It was in regards to other posters here asking "why on earth would he choose Melbourne, that there are better options in Vic clubs?" ... Your post clearly shows what I was saying, ie: that Houston didnt go to his manager and say "I want to go to Melbourne and no one else!" It has "eventuated that Melbourne were willing" to offer the best deal, and so they are dealing with them. End of story!

I dont know why you keep arguing with me when I am basically repeating what you are saying anyway!:drunk:

Looks like my nuts might be staying put!

kick in nuts GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft can be a lottery at times.

Dan's a proven AA player, not injury prone and still got a good 5 or so seasons left in him.

At this stage I'm glad he's decided to stay.

Has he 100% decided to stay??

He just ruled out Melbourne (after he said he wasn’t leaving anyway). Are we sure he’s staying?

So I guess he doesn't really love his new girlfriend that much after all and now doesn't want to move back to Melbourne?

What is going on?

Houston has dropped half a peg with me.

This is all rubbish with finals approaching.

I’m not attached to players anymore. They only occupy the guernseys.

He’s ruled out Melbourne (the club not the city). Wish him well wherever he ends up.

The only thing I struggle to understand is the reasoning (moving for his girlfriend) - almost a cop out. Its ok to come out and say you want a new environment / challenge and get back to your home state.

Choose north.
I'd love to **** them over again.
Pretty sure they're still paying Polec off as he sits on his arse in retirement.

Be a good fit for him actually, his kicking game under clarko and leadership would help them out considerably with their younger players and Port take their first round pick off them.

It wouldn't really be bad for both clubs.

I spoke to my source last night and he still saying media BS.
I told him that there's to much smoke something must be going on.
I said i wouldn't rule out Richmond being involved they will have multiple picks after their trades
Time will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back