Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand final is still potentially in play with 4. Especially if we go out Western Sydney week 1.

Saw Tom Morris on Footy Furnace mention that, it's a conditional option but they seem committed to getting Houston 4 weeks.

Leigh Matthews tied himself up in knots trying to equate Houston's bump to Rankine's that saw him go for 4 weeks. He thought that made it equitable. He did kind of concede that Houston's was 'a bit closer to the play' than Rankine's ... no Leigh, it was in the middle of the play, whereas Rankine's was so far off the ball you needed cinemascope to pick it up.

Honestly it was nothing like Wright's bump or worse still Webster's, they were virtual decapitations. Wright was suspended for 4 and that was worse than Houston's.

I think 3 games is reasonably achievable.

If I've learnt anything from the fallout of this game, Is that he simply should have tunneled Rankine.

Apparently that's legal and doesn't warrant a report

Depends what guernsey you're wearing. Big Sav was done for sliding into the legs early in the game.

Concussion essentially can't happen without a whiplash injury - the two go hand in hand and that's why as part of any good concussion rehab protocol includes neck strengthening exercises (particularly of the deep neck flexors).

In this case there is a good angle (I don't have the tech to make a video cut up) of the hit which clearly shows Rankine alert following the hit, but upon his head hitting the ground, he exhibits a tonic posture which is indicative of concussion.

Any half decent lawyer should be able to present a solid case for Dan at the tribunal. But I don't necessarily trust Port's lawyers given their history MrMeaner
Exactly, is eyes are open and alert after the bump. Port need to argue it was a body shot. Ball in dispute. He is allowed to bump just not to the head.
Under normal circumstances I think it gets 4+ but they might try to give a discount for finals. Probably not tho.

Remember SPP got 4 for something very minor and incidental
Spp made contact to the head.

Saw Tom Morris on Footy Furnace mention that, it's a conditional option but they seem committed to getting Houston 4 weeks.

Leigh Matthews tied himself up in knots trying to equate Houston's bump to Rankine's that saw him go for 4 weeks. He thought that made it equitable. He did kind of concede that Houston's was 'a bit closer to the play' than Rankine's ... no Leigh, it was in the middle of the play, whereas Rankine's was so far off the ball you needed cinemascope to pick it up.

Honestly it was nothing like Wright's bump or worse still Webster's, they were virtual decapitations. Wright was suspended for 4 and that was worse than Houston's.

I think 3 games is reasonably achievable.
Rankines bump was graded as intentional, and high. Dans is careless and high, get the high down graded to body and we could push for 2.

Rankines bump was graded as intentional, and high. Dans is careless and high, get the high down graded to body and we could push for 2.

There's nothing to lose, we're going to the tribunal anyway. Then challenge if they give him 3+.

It's not like it's a distraction, we'll be planning to pick a side without him anyway.

Plus it will give cRowie and crowies an apoplexy.

How Dare You Wtf GIF by Sky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol no worries Leigh Matthews. There wasn't even a free kick awarded and you're still shirty about 2004. Let it go man

Lol, the bloke who was renowned for king hits off the ball, when a regulation shirt front like Houston's would have been applauded, says we need a send off.

Maybe you should have been sent off to jail when you tried to kill Neville Bruns

Lol, the bloke who was renowned for king hits off the ball, when a regulation shirt front like Houston's would have been applauded, says we need a send off.

Maybe you should have been sent off to jail when you tried to kill Neville Bruns
Yep was going to say this myself

what sort of bizarro world do we live in when the games biggest sniper in history calls for the send off rule for legitimate bumps

What a ****ing hypocrite

Lol no worries Leigh Matthews. There wasn't even a free kick awarded and you're still shirty about 2004. Let it go man

This is the world we live in, where Leigh Matthews is the arbiter of on-field violence.

I want to go back to the 1970s and warn people. But I would just be laughed at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back