Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it means (when translated) that no team has shown a willingness to meet Port's demands as it currently stands.

In Dan's perfect world, he would get back to Melbourne this off-season. But the world ain't always perfect.

This one still has a few twists and turns left. Anyone saying definitively he's staying or leaving right now is either lying or has terrible Intel.

If Luko wants to get to Port, and Port get Perryman as a free agent, the odds Houston moves increases imo.

So Dan is lying.

I said it b4, and i'll say it again ... This whole circus has been orchestrated by his manager to get Dan to be better renumerated. Checking out the field, and talking to them. Feedback would have been that Dan himself wants to head back. In the meantime we have Dan just quietly doing his football thing at Port, and loving being at Port.

Will he? Wont he? No idea, but he clearly is NOT chaffing to get out of the place. If a Vic deal gets nutted out that is a good one, he might still go, but I reckon if the club ups his contract a tad, he def doesnt want to, and wont, leave Port.

I think it means (when translated) that no team has shown a willingness to meet Port's demands as it currently stands.

In Dan's perfect world, he would get back to Melbourne this off-season. But the world ain't always perfect.

This one still has a few twists and turns left. Anyone saying definitively he's staying or leaving right now is either lying or has terrible Intel.

If Luko wants to get to Port, and Port get Perryman as a free agent, the odds Houston moves increases imo.
Have heard that Perryman is firming to the hawks.
Seriously why would we be into Luko (particularly on 1mil per season)? We've already got one of him

He wasn’t talking in tongues, made it crystal clear he was staying.
I’m not doubting you but if he does go he’s going to look really bad.
Maybe I’m wrong but I see him as a honest type.

So Dan is lying.

No, he's not lying right now at all. As it stands, he's not leaving.

But if a team comes late and meets his contractual demands and Port's trade demands, do you think Dan is going to say no?

That's why this has a lot of twists and turns left. The trade period hasn't even opened yet!

Seriously why would we be into Luko (particularly on 1mil per season)? We've already got one of him

Port remain confident re: Perryman.
Port have been into Luko for a while - they have more than enough cap space to make it work. And he's been interested in leaving the Suns ever since Dimma put him down back early in the season.

Re: why would we be into Luko - we’ve already got one of him. I’d say because Todd probably won’t be playing next season. Luke doesn’t have concussion issues that I’m aware of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill believe it when i see it. Our season is still going, hes not going to say anything in the public about leaving

But if a team comes late and meets his contractual demands and Port's trade demands, do you think Dan is going to say no?

That's why this has a lot of twists and turns left. The trade period hasn't even opened yet!

Port have been into Luko for a while - they have more than enough cap space to make it work. And he's been interested in leaving the Suns ever since Dimma put him down back early in the season.
Seems like Luko would only happen if Houston leaves and we get the picks. We wouldn't have enough to get it over the line otherwise surely? Unless they trade out another future first.

Has a player ever publicly come out in public and said "I'm going to leave the club even though I'm contracted"?

He's literally contractually obligated to say he's not leaving. The media know what they're doing by asking him constantly

Behind closed doors is another matter, and there is enough smoke to suggest fire!

If Houston is still at Port in 2025 i'll believe him

And the Hawkes have enough 'battles' for their new back line

Seems like Luko would only happen if Houston leaves and we get the picks. We wouldn't have enough to get it over the line otherwise surely? Unless they trade out another future first.

I don't think Luko will get Gold Coast a first round pick if the acquiring team is paying his full salary.

I realise he’s not gonna say “yeah I’m leaving” if he is, but is there any reason he would literally say “I’m playing at Port next year” if he isn’t going to be here? I realise there’s still plenty of time between now and the end of the trade period, but I can’t imagine you would say that if it’s likely you’re going to leave. Mark him as playing at Port for now until anything unforeseen develops.

Has a player ever publicly come out in public and said "I'm going to leave the club even though I'm contracted"?

He's literally contractually obligated to say he's not leaving. The media know what they're doing by asking him constantly

Behind closed doors is another matter, and there is enough smoke to suggest fire!

If Houston is still at Port in 2025 i'll believe him

Why would he agreed to go on a radio talk show when he knows the first question he'll be asked is if he's staying? In this situation radio silence says more than words ever could.

Ill believe it when i see it. Our season is still going, hes not going to say anything in the public about leaving
Does he have to talk in public at all? Can’t he just stay silent and out of the media? That’d be the best thing to do if he had intentions of leaving, unless he has to talk to the media?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back