Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know much about him? It's his second year in the comp being a mature recruit and he struggled a bit with injury last year in our premiership year so he didn't get a gig. There is a reason why he is being chased by most clubs in the comp. Esava was out of contract last year. Was he free? Anyway I'm out good luck winning it all this year.
Please just stop.

Would pick 8 and a second from the saints do it?
LOL NO. If Rioli demands pick 6 and 20 as people in the media have been suggesting, Port should be requesting 2 x top 10 picks just to entertain Port. Port should not give up Houston unless the saints for example give up picks 7&8 and a future 3rd or pick 8, pick 24 and Future 1st. If clubs want Houston that much, they must be prepared to cough up what he is worth and he is worth ALOT.

Richards isn't going to port for pick 70 which is a free to good home charity pick. He is not a charity case, it will be your pick 37 minimum. Every club is interested including us to re-sign him so he is worth a decent pick.

We have the future 1st (could be pick 5-15), a pick for Noble (probably GC pick 26) and Richards. We are in the ball park for Houston. Doubt he picks us though. Hope he stays for Port to have some success.
I had a laugh at John Noble being worth pick 26 and then realised Gold Coast will probably pay that. He’ll play less than 20 games for them.

Rory Atkins still has a year to run on the 5 year deal the Suns gave him…

If Houston nominated Pies, reckon there'll be a deal that involves Richards and Luko to Port, Noble to Suns and Alex Davies and Houston to Pies. There'll be several pick swaps to even out the deal

Suns to get Noble, 32, Collingwood F1, lose Luko, Alex Davies and 6

Pies to get Alex Davies and Houston, lose Richards, Noble and 32, F1

Port to get Luko and Richards, 6, lose Houston

Something like that could easily work, turning Houston into 6, Luko, Richards would be great work.

Still think Houston goes sadly

Last edited:
My source is still saying he is staying.
I want to believe he is but the smoke won't go away
Still think it will be a 3 club deal if he leaves

If Houston nominated Pies, reckon there'll be a deal that involves Richards and Luko to Port, Noble to Suns and Alex Davies and Houston to Pies. There'll be several pick swaps to even out the deal

Suns to get Noble, 32, Collingwood F1, lose Luko, Alex Davies and 13

Pies to get Alex Davies and Houston, lose Richards, Noble and 32, F1

Port to get Luko and Richards, 6, lose Houston

Something like that could easily work, turning Houston into 6, Luko, Richards would be great work.

Still think Houston goes sadly
Where did pick 6 come from

Where did pick 6 come from
Whoops sorry that 13 from Gold Coast was meant to be 6. Edited now 😅

Initially started with 13 and thought we weren't getting enough. Also aware 6 will be involved in a deal for Rioli. My idea was a hypothetical 3 way trade (or 4 if Richmond wanna get involved) given there's players that may want to go between the 3.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that too but my feeling is that that's what is coming out because either Dan has asked his management to wait on communicating any offers to him until finals is done (the result of which may potentially change his mind) or there hasn't been any realistic offers that have come that Port would accept so as it stands he's staying.

Richards isn't going to port for pick 70 which is a free to good home charity pick. He is not a charity case, it will be your pick 37 minimum. Every club is interested including us to re-sign him so he is worth a decent pick.

We have the future 1st (could be pick 5-15), a pick for Noble (probably GC pick 26) and Richards. We are in the ball park for Houston. Doubt he picks us though. Hope he stays for Port to have some success.

Rubbish. He’s an uncontracted fringe player not playing first 22.

For port we lost Aaron young, ah chee, hombsch and Austin for 4th round picks.

What’s good for the gander is good for the geese.

Also, you only just offered him a contract , he must of been one of the last guys you pushed a contract in front of. Clearly wasn’t a priority for you guys.

You might have to trade in a top 30 pick. ;) Hopefully we play a little hard ball with him if he doesn't re-sign. Have you seen him play? He has looked like a top 20 draft pick this year.

No he hasn’t. Also, he’s 25 ish isn’t he? Not a recent 18 yr old draft pick.

By the same stupid measure Houston is playing like a generational number 1 draft pick.

Do you know much about him? It's his second year in the comp being a mature recruit and he struggled a bit with injury last year in our premiership year so he didn't get a gig. There is a reason why he is being chased by most clubs in the comp. Esava was out of contract last year. Was he free? Anyway I'm out good luck winning it all this year.

He isn’t being chased by most clubs in the comp. There’s 18 clubs, he’s being chased by a couple of clubs, and clubs have interest in him because he’s a fringe out of contract player that will be cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are saying your source says he is staying but the smoke won't go away so your source might be wrong on a 50/50 call? I swear 99% of people who say they have a source inside the club are just having a throw at the stumps and praying they are right.

So you are saying your source says he is staying but the smoke won't go away so your source might be wrong on a 50/50 call? I swear 99% of people who say they have a source inside the club are just having a throw at the stumps and praying they are right.
Rule of thumb: as soon as someone mentions their 'source', they're talking out their arse

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back