Roos asks: where's the marketing?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crowd was posted on the tv 19 odd thousand, but when the cameras panned around the stadium there looked to be more people. Can the regulars who go to ANZ stadium give their opinion of the crowd size.

In any case it doesn't bode well for a Western Sydney team. Sheer folly I reckon, better of having a team out of Tasmania.

That was sad to see, they're saying the lowest Finals crowd since 1924!

It's unfortunate that heavy marketing needs to be done. The bad weather would've turned a few away, certainly the pricing is too high for families, and I guess some just thought the Swans would lose and didn't bother going.

Our side (Northern where the cheersquad was) was pretty much nearly full. NM's (or the opposition) side was empty except for the 2 rows in which their cheersquad was.

The crowd was under 20K, but we made noise like it was 50K :D:D

Wow. Just got back from the game. Had a ball. But on the issue of the crowd - have to say, it was absolutely cyclonic weather all day. That crowd figure could have been a lot worse, believe me.

The marketing is on right now... they're advertising the Elimination Final on 6th September. For ****s sake .. :rolleyes:

Yeah just saw the add too... I was like wtf...

It really was! Plus the rain eased off as the game went on and stayed dry for the second half :)

I think the swans and the crowd fed off each other's energy in the third quarter, it played a big part in the momentum shift. Hard to believe we were behind at half-time!

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have gone to buy that coffee at half-time...it (a hot drink) seemed like a good idea at the time...

The first time I saw any ads for this match was tonight on channel 10, twice, after I had made my way back from Homebush and settled in at the Hopetoun for a couple of schooners. Ridiculous. I know it's stating the ****ing obvious, but there's no use advertising for a game that's already happened. All it means is that they're paying for advertising which is absolutely useless. If they'd started showing those ads 5 days ago we might have had a decent crowd. As it is, the 19000 people that turned up managed to get a great atmosphere going, but really, it was a joke. We should have had 50000+ easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos asks: where's the marketing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back