Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in terms of who we can reliably put there now, it's a tough one for the young lads. There's not enough experience or drive there at the moment.

If Luke, Hall and Bonar sre fit we are good to go and Goater can challenge back end of this year. Perez would be very helpfull but what a pain.

If Luke, Hall and Bonar sre fit we are good to go and Goater can challenge back end of this year. Perez would be very helpfull but what a pain.
Agree with all the above re concerns about our lack of run and agression in the backline. Watching the 1998 North v West Coast game on Kayo yesterday only made it worse. D King, Byron Pickett, Pikey, Micky Martyn all charging forward taking no prisoners, absolutely manic attack on the man and ball and then the momentum to move the ball up to the half forward line. Goater and Perez would be great but going to take a while. In the meantime I wouldnt mind Eddie Ford and Curtis Taylor having a crack back there.

Agree with all the above re concerns about our lack of run and agression in the backline. Watching the 1998 North v West Coast game on Kayo yesterday only made it worse. D King, Byron Pickett, Pikey, Micky Martyn all charging forward taking no prisoners, absolutely manic attack on the man and ball and then the momentum to move the ball up to the half forward line. Goater and Perez would be great but going to take a while. In the meantime I wouldnt mind Eddie Ford and Curtis Taylor having a crack back there.
This is one thing the likes of Mahony, Anderson, Turner and McDonald have in spades. Greenwood too by all accounts.

I honestly view Bonar, Atu and Hayden as more genuine lockdown types. The former two have scope to be really solid to decent rebounders. Really rate Atu.
Agree with that

We need accumulating line breakers - all of those above aren’t it.
Hopefully goater, Bergman or Perez are.

Agree with that

We need accumulating line breakers - all of those above aren’t it.
Hopefully goater, Bergman or Perez are.
Atu and, to a lesser extent, Bonar have both shown some limited signs of providing rebound, but are currently best suited to lockdown roles. Both have leg speed we need in the back half.

Atu and, to a lesser extent, Bonar have both shown some limited signs of providing rebound, but are currently best suited to lockdown roles. Both have leg speed we need in the back half.
Bonar and Atu don’t look to have the confidence to back themselves in a rebounding role.
They’ve got the tools

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Its a bit that way isn't it.

We actually have Bonar, Perez, Atu, Goater, Hayden and Bergman as potential youngish attacking HBFers.

They all have good athleticism, some seem like fantastic kicks. Even Bonar, who seems more like a lockdown type is very athletic and has a very precise boot on him when he wants to use it. Even tho it seems like a drought in that position, over the next couple of years we may end up with three or four gun flankers.

Hayden and Bonar as attacking half backs or lockdown players.

Do you actually watch any of our games.

These two players will be delisted at years end.

They have no attacking flair nor can they lockdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sh*t man. I thought you guys had dropped the required time down to one week like us in NSW. Hang in there!

They will. I was a household contact and then tested positive on my last day of iso, so it kicked off another 7 days. Ironically I think if I wasn’t stuck in my house with my wife who had it 24/7 I probably could have dodged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back