Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or how much we don’t rate some others……..

I’m looking forward to seeing if the Bonar pre injury is who he really is….or is he Bonars?
Which injury Michael? He's had plenty the last while. Since someone wrote a scathing article on him he seemed to improve. I'm running with Bonar.
We cannot afford the s' any longer. We don't bat deep enough

So Hall, CCJ should both play and we're toying with naming an underdone from a game pov Bonar. Which shows how much we rate young Aiden.

We'll see I suppose.

B: Turner Mckay Corr
HB: Ziebell Walker Hall
C: Powell Simpkin McDonald
HF: JHF CCJ Thomas
F: Zurhaar Larkey Xerri
R: Goldy Greenwood LDU
I: Bonar Taylor Mahony Lazzaro

Be good if Phillips is ok to play

B: Turner Mckay Corr
HB: Ziebell Walker Hall
C: Powell Simpkin McDonald
HF: JHF CCJ Thomas
F: Zurhaar Larkey Xerri
R: Goldy Greenwood LDU
I: Bonar Taylor Mahony Lazzaro

Be good if Phillips is ok to play
Phillips would be no chance. Scott plays over Lazzaro but the rest of the team looks right if Hall and Bonar come up.

So Hall, CCJ should both play and we're toying with naming an underdone from a game pov Bonar. Which shows how much we rate young Aiden.

We'll see I suppose.
Has leg speed that we sorely lack in the back half.

Guys I know we are missing Cunners, but Geez I’d love to know who the fu** they are planning to go with Sleevo, Thomas, Zurhaar and Jason.

Edit, you win the aggot and get it down to these 4 gentlemen(enough) and we win.

Thomas playing mid by the look of it. No doubt he'll still slide down there but it'll be Mahony and Taylor.

We'll see I suppose.
If bonar comes in surely Walker doesn’t play
Guys I know we are missing Cunners, but Geez I’d love to know who the fu** they are planning to go with Sleevo, Thomas, Zurhaar and Jason.

Edit, you win the aggot and get it down to these 4 gentlemen(enough) and we win.

Zurhaar watch will be interesting this year with the added talls - does he still have an effect on the game.
Won’t be a focal point - hope he gets up the ground and gets more ball

We'll see I suppose.
That’d be a huge mistake if we did. That said might not be terminal vs hawks but yeah I’d be doing something else

I am not confident hall would be ready but would be handy (cant believe I’d be saying that two yrs ago)

Last edited:
Having Hall in is a massive win but really highlights how badly we need some further options capable of playing the same role at a similar level.

We'll see I suppose.
Bonar played off no pre-season last year too. Took a few weeks to warm into it but was fantastic after that before getting injured. Coaches clearly rate him very highly.

You’d think by years end Goater and Perez are stringing games together and challenging for that spot - probably sooner than years end.

Going to have to cross our fingers in the mean-time that Hall can stay fit.

You’d think by years end Goater and Perez are stringing games together and challenging for that spot - probably sooner than years end.
That’s the hope I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - need to trust the coaches on that on.
I guess , they should know more than I but whilst he had ok games. I’m not so sold on him yet. That said I have not written him off either but When he had good games we were still getting thumped.

I guess , they should know more than I but whilst he had ok games. I’m not so sold on him yet. That said I have not written him off either but When he had good games we were still getting thumped.

Not sure we can blame young Bonar on any floggings last year.

You have to assume he is the Hall ayre apparent. I'm a believer but only if he can stay fit like many before and around him sadly.

Last edited:
Not sure we can blame young Bonar on any floggings last year.

You have to assume he is the Hall aye apparent. I'm a believe but only if he can stay fit like many before and around him sadly.
I’m not saying he was responsible for the floggings but how much of his performance was that effective

I reckon they'll go with:

Corr - McKay - Bonar
Hall - Walker - McDonald
Polec - Simpkin - Powell
Taylor - Larkey - JHF
Mahoney - CCJ - Zurhaar

Goldstein - Thomas - LDU

Int: Ziebell, Greenwood, Xerri, Turner

Sub: Stephenson

(imo) Stevo has been shite in both pre-season games and however much I rate him needs a rocket. Bonar, Hall and McDonald makes us less stagnant in defence, although I still don't love both Ziebell and Walker in the same side.

As soon as Comben can replace one of CCJ/Xerri/Goldy the better, but he's clearly not ready. Would love to see Perez/Goater instead of Walker longterm as well.

I reckon they'll go with:

Corr - McKay - Bonar
Hall - Walker - McDonald
Polec - Simpkin - Powell
Taylor - Larkey - JHF
Mahoney - CCJ - Zurhaar

Goldstein - Thomas - LDU

Int: Ziebell, Greenwood, Xerri, Turner

Sub: Stephenson

(imo) Stevo has been sh*te in both pre-season games and however much I rate him needs a rocket. Bonar, Hall and McDonald makes us less stagnant in defence, although I still don't love both Ziebell and Walker in the same side.

As soon as Comben can replace one of CCJ/Xerri/Goldy the better, but he's clearly not ready. Would love to see Perez/Goater instead of Walker longterm as well.

my crack at rnd 1- what I would do

Turner McKay JZ

Lmac Walker Corr

Scott Greenwood Stevo (luckily, poor pre season )

Taylor CCJ Thomas

Mahoney Larkey CZ

Goldy LDU Jy

Lazzaro, Xerri, Powell, JHF

Ford (sub)

Assumptions
Polec out (foot)
Phillips out (illness)
Bonar (under conditioned wouldn’t risk)
Hall (Inj/under conditioned wouldn’t risk)

Like above I’m all for Stevo getting a rocket but based on my assumptions he’s required.

This is probably not the spot for this opinion but I cannot see us beating anyone without Cunners in the team. Elite on ballers get you across the line and Cunners is the only one we have at the moment. Did we win any games without him last year?

Is there a prediction thread somewhere on the North pages?
As posted previously (on a different thread), we’ve won 85 games as a club since mid-2013. Cunnington had been part of 84 of those wins; the only one he missed was when we beat that Adelaide rabble in 2020. Which tells you two things: few players are as important to their club as BC is to North; and, we simply haven’t learned to win without him. So your premise is spot on. Be great this season if we could somehow find a midfield combination that wins and distributes as much contested ball as he does ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back