Round 1.5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you guys are being too harsh for some reason, I haven't seen that site before now, but her team is pretty close to mine and I knocked out 2300 rd 1?
I was harsh, its not a bad team, I just expected something better and less cookie cutter.

You have no chance!! lol
More of a chance than where u are

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
A week is a long time in SC.

In a few weeks things could be way different. :rainbow:
The Carlton boys are going at it! Shots being fired everywhere!
Lol it was a joke man, chill!

Someone might be a little bit nervous about being top 50

me thinks everyone has shots, last man standing wins! (some Indiana Jones picture appearing in my head for some reason)

I's because the Tigers will beat us tonight even though their team is full of spuds

Wow glass half empty again. Dude its Rd2 and you got last qtr rolled by a very forward Port (who could easily be top5)

Tiges got touched up by someone who Swallows for GAJ.

And the tiges have spud hampson

Wow glass half empty again. Dude its Rd2 and you got last qtr rolled by a very forward Port (who could easily be top5)

Tiges got touched up by someone who Swallows for GAJ.

And the tiges have spud hampson

Fair point but i thought we looked reallt tired against Port.

They would have to really rally and be real up and about for this game.

Gonna have to play Hendo in defence which means our forward targets minus Bettsy are going to be shallow.

If i was a betting man, and i like to think i am - i put my money on the tiges by 4 goals. In saying that i went and chucked a 20 on carlton last year round 1 at 3 quarter time and nearly came home with the goods were it not for Yaz

Gonna have to play Hendo in defence which means our forward targets minus Bettsy are going to be shallow.

If i was a betting man, and i like to think i am - i put my money on the tiges by 4 goals. In saying that i went and chucked a 20 on carlton last year round 1 at 3 quarter time and nearly came home with the goods were it not for Yaz

Playing chase footy makes anyone look tired, if youd converted earlier, talking to you judas thomas, its a different game completely

Is it raining in melb? Talls in the rain not much chop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it raining in melb? Talls in the rain not much chop
Essendon/Carlton/Bulldogs/Saints not much chop in the wind or the rain really. They're not exposed to playing proper football often, they prefer the perfect basketball stadium conditions. Probably explains the lack of success from said clubs over the past decade actually :)

Essendon/Carlton/Bulldogs/Saints not much chop in the wind or the rain really. They're not exposed to playing proper football often, they prefer the perfect basketball stadium conditions. Probably explains the lack of success from said clubs over the past decade actually :)

lols as opposed to Melbourne who are just not much chop in any condition

Brad Scott likes this.

I can only assume you mean premiership success? o_O

lols as opposed to Melbourne who are just not much chop in any condition
Hahahahah I did know that was coming when I posted it. We all know Melbourne's a basket case, but I highly doubt that's related to the MCG being their home ground :thumbsu:

I can only assume you mean premiership success? o_O
Well, the Saints did make back to back Grand Finals, I suppose, but that was one hell of a team.

In the last 12 seasons, those four clubs (12 x 4 x 2 = 96 chances) have made 2 Prelims (both St K). 2 out of 96 (2%) is not a great strike rate.

Not too sure how many finals full stop those clubs have won in the last 12 years actually. I'd suggest the % would actually be far far less than 2%

Well, the Saints did make back to back Grand Finals, I suppose, but that was one hell of a team.

In the last 12 seasons, those four clubs (12 x 4 x 2 = 96 chances) have made 2 Prelims (both St K). 2 out of 96 (2%) is not a great strike rate.

Not too sure how many finals full stop those clubs have won in the last 12 years actually. I'd suggest the % would actually be far far less than 2%

Saints '04->'13

1x minor premiership
2x GF'S (+ 1 replay :rolleyes: )
5x Prelim Finals ('04, '05, '08, '09 & '10 - FWIW)
5x top 4 finishes
7x top 8 finishes
60% w/l record (64% prior to last years result)

Not too bad a success rate, other than ultimate success,

No good lumping so-called failure/success all together, you could even make Melbourne look good if you put them with Geelong, Hawthorn & Collingwood, and quote their overall accomplishments as a group of 4, if you wanted to!

Last edited:
Saints '04->'13

1x minor premiership
3x GF'S
3x Prelim Finals ('08, '09 & '10 - FWIW)
You guys made the prelims in '04 and '05 as well. Should say 2 GF's as well, you were gifted the "3rd" o_O

Saints '04->'13

1x minor premiership
2x GF'S (+ 1 replay :rolleyes: )
5x Prelim Finals ('04, '05, '08, '09 & '10 - FWIW)
5x top 4 finishes
7x top 8 finishes
60% w/l record (64% prior to last years result)

Not too bad a success rate, other than ultimate success,

No good lumping so-called failure/success all together, you could even make Melbourne look good if you put them with Geelong, Hawthorn & Collingwood, and quote their overall accomplishments as a group of 4, if you wanted to!
Bugger you and your editing. I had already typed a big reply to the original post lol.

Forget the replay, that's irrelevant, but yeah, you're right, forgot about 04/05.

We're discussing teams playing from a venue with a roof vs teams not playing under a roof. You can lump the other 14 teams together and still get a better strike rate. Teams that play from Ethihad always seem to struggle when playing in windy, wet conditions.

Look at Essendon's inability to beat Melbourne for the past 5 years ignoring last year's break-through. I don't think they'd lost a game in 2012 until Melbourne beat them at odds of 14/1. St Kilda always struggle at the SCG when it's wet too.

Kinda ironic St Kilda went from Waverley to Etihad. Couldn't find more polar opposites ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back