Remove this Banner Ad

B: Ryan, Cox, Pearce
HB: Young, Hamling, Clark
C: Brayshaw, Brodie, Acres
HF: Colyer, Treacy, Walters
F: Taberner, Lobb, Schultz
R/Fol: Darcy, Serong, Fyfe
I: Frederick, Logue, Chapman, Switkowski

Henry shouldn’t be in. He needs dominate and be consistent for Peel to get a look.
Treacy will be fine. Two weeks away and should get a bit of fitness work in.
Lobb v Meek. Lobb should dominate Adelaide’s small defence- particularly with Tabs taking the number one defender.
Hamling has to be in. Cox can do the swingman. There’s enough run there off half back.

Would love to have Walker in, but probably pushed out by Chapman and Logue as a need.

B: Ryan, Cox, Pearce
HB: Young, Hamling, Clark
C: Brayshaw, Brodie, Acres
HF: Colyer, Treacy, Walters
F: Taberner, Lobb, Schultz
R/Fol: Darcy, Serong, Fyfe
I: Frederick, Logue, Chapman, Switkowski

Henry shouldn’t be in. He needs dominate and be consistent for Peel to get a look.
Treacy will be fine. Two weeks away and should get a bit of fitness work in.
Lobb v Meek. Lobb should dominate Adelaide’s small defence- particularly with Tabs taking the number one defender.
Hamling has to be in. Cox can do the swingman. There’s enough run there off half back.

Would love to have Walker in, but probably pushed out by Chapman and Logue as a need.

You've gone tall. Too tall for mine.

B: Ryan, Cox, Logue
HB: Young, Pearce, Clark
C: Colyer, Fyfe, Henry
HF: Frederick, Taberner, Walters
F: Switkowski, Lobb, Schultz
R/Fol: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
I: Banfield, Brodie, Mundy, Chapman

B: Ryan Cox Logue
HB; young Pearce Clark
C: Acres Fyfe Aish
HF: Freddie Tabs Sturt
F: Switta Lobb Treacy
Gil Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Int: Brodie Mundy Chappie Schultz

Emerg: NOD Meek Erasmus

But I do like concept of Chappie on the wing! And can see Erasmus making his way into the side if issues on the wing or fwd.

Can see if Sturt out, Fyfe to HF, Brodie to Middle

Yesterday showed how much we need Treacy IMO. We need someone who kicks straight and puts on forward pressure. If some people are happy to rush back Aish, I think there's a much stronger case for Treacy.

Lobb should get first crack at the forward/ruck spot but he's on thin ice. Yesterday also showed how much we can't afford to carry passengers. Henry has to work his way into the team from Peel with consistent form. I was hesitant on having Brodie in the same team as Fyfe and Mundy but yesterday's centre clearance dominance to West Coast was a reminder that we can be severely undersized in the middle. I'd stick with all three but rotating between half forward. My best 22 as follows:

C: Mundy, Fyfe, Acres
I: Treacy, Brodie, Colyer, Chapman

Aish, Hamling, Meek, Henry, Tucker, Walker, Sturt, Erasmus, NOD, Blakely waiting in the wings

Yesterday showed how much we need Treacy IMO. We need someone who kicks straight and puts on forward pressure. If some people are happy to rush back Aish, I think there's a much stronger case for Treacy.

Lobb should get first crack at the forward/ruck spot but he's on thin ice. Yesterday also showed how much we can't afford to carry passengers. Henry has to work his way into the team from Peel with consistent form. I was hesitant on having Brodie in the same team as Fyfe and Mundy but yesterday's centre clearance dominance to West Coast was a reminder that we can be severely undersized in the middle. I'd stick with all three but rotating between half forward. My best 22 as follows:

Aish, Hamling, Meek, Henry, Tucker, Walker, Sturt, Erasmus, NOD, Blakely waiting in the wings
Think Jlo will be throwing more players inside and rotate. Wouldn’t be surprised if Switter, Aish, Walters will be inside more this season. Fyfe will get time up forward. Same with Mundy.
Weird because players like Blakey, Banfield will be looked at if rotated through. Bailey can be a decent bash and crash back up. Just need to stop pigeonholing these players.

Reckon Henry on a wing will get usurped by Chapman.
Liam needs to get in the gym more imo.
Logue as well, he's going to have to play consistently well, or Hamling takes his spot.
Liam has potential, but so did a sheetload b4 him, Logue may just be a great athlete, and not that good at footy.
To be a deep finals side, you need a very strong core, with a fair few role players.
We are still a fair way from that unfortunately imo

Not including Tucker I'd like to see this team based on the preseason games.

Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Walker
Chapman Brayshaw Clark
Frederick Treacy Erasmus
Schultz Taberner Switkowski

Darcy Fyfe Serong

Lobb Mundy Aish Brodie
Hang on... "based on the pre-season games", but you have Walker, Treacy and Erasmus, but no Acres. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you'd need to explain how that's based on pre-season.

Lobb is ****ing useless. He's such a pussy for such a big bloke. Outrageous.

Meanwhile Shultz was pushing himself so hard he was throwing up in the 2nd.

Hang on... "based on the pre-season games", but you have Walker, Treacy and Erasmus, but no Acres. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you'd need to explain how that's based on pre-season.

And Aish who hasn’t been sited in preseason either. I (like many) think Acres has some shortcomings (mainly lack of pace) but his performance in the pre-season has been good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Aish who hasn’t been sited in preseason either. I (like many) think Acres has some shortcomings (mainly lack of pace) but his performance in the pre-season has been good

So has Henry and he will most likely be in the b22 for round 1. Any players who didn't play pre-season games are almost guaranteed not to play round 1, especially Aish who wasn't even in match sims or main training this pre-season.

Probably going to be an unpopular take but I hope Henry is made to earn his spot through Peel because his whole “Im to cool to look like i care” attitude pisses me off. I think JL has a weak spot for him so I see him playing round 1, he should of found himself dropped many times last years but never was.

Probably going to be an unpopular take but I hope Henry is made to earn his spot through Peel because his whole “Im to cool to look like i care” attitude pisses me off. I think JL has a weak spot for him so I see him playing round 1, he should of found himself dropped many times last years but never was.
A few points about Henry,
I think most were pretty happy with what he did last week, particularly his ball use inside 50.
We are certainly putting a lot of emphasis on good ball use & I think JLo would most likely think Henry has the potential to add to that.
If the coaches think he has potential to be a very good wingman for us, then they need to back him in for a block of games & not yo-yo him in & out as that will destroy his confidence.

Is there another Peel scratch match this coming weekend ? May give the slightly “underdone” guys like Treacy, Aish Sturt etc another chance to put their case forward before Round 1 if so.

Lobb is ******* useless. He's such a pussy for such a big bloke. Outrageous.

Meanwhile Shultz was pushing himself so hard he was throwing up in the 2nd.

Yeah I understand the frustration. After what happened last year - I was hoping he was going to train the house down and come out with a point to prove. I think we're going to get the same inconsistent s%*t as we've always had.

I almost wish we cashed in last season as we may struggle to get a second rounder from GWS this year.

Lobb's form also means we should be strongly considering Keitel for our last spot. We are going to need depth across all lines during a covid year. Another tall would be helpful. The chances of Darcy, Lobb and Tabs playing 22 games is v slim.

If we off load Lobb end of this year - and we are trying to get a 2nd.. remembering he still has another year after this one… either

He has to play a great season and someone wants to take him and his salary

We pay for the high pick.. meaning we off load him, keep a lot of his salary and take the high pick

I see the last being the more realistic option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobb is in the team early season for mine and given time.
When he is on he is a contested marking beast and can be useful around the ground as second ruck option.
He averaged 5.6 marks a game last season and am trusting coaches to get better delivery to fwds from mids this season.
But yes he has to deliver early in season

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 1: Changes Vs Adelaide Crows + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back