News Round 1 - Collingwood vs North - Selected Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod Edit:

Hey all,

We've decided to go with a separate thread this year for team selections.

It will work much better if someone from the board gets it up ASAP after the teams are announced.

Anyway here they are:

Collingwood
B: Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell, Ben Reid
HB: Alan Toovey, Heath Shaw, Harry O'Brien
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dane Swan, Jarryd Blair
HF: Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Quinten Lynch
F: Ben Sinclair, Tyson Goldsack, Brent Macaffer
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dayne Beams
Int: Marty Clarke, Sam Dwyer, Ben Johnson, Jordan Russell
Emg: Jack Frost, Paul Seedsman, Josh Thomas

NEW: Sam Dwyer (Port Melbourne), Quinten Lynch (West Coast), Jordan Russell (Carlton)

North Melbourne
B: Shaun Atley, Scott Thompson, Michael Firrito
HB: Jamie Macmillan, Nathan Grima, Ben Jacobs
C: Aaron Mullett, Ryan Bastinac, Kieran Harper
HF: Ben Cunnington, Robbie Tarrant, Daniel Wells
F: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Lachlan Hansen
Foll: Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell
Int: Liam Anthony, Leigh Adams, Sam Wright, Sam Gibson
Emg: Taylor Hine, Will Sierakowski, Majak Daw

NEW: Ben Jacobs (Port Adelaide)

[/Mod Edit]

Final named 22's just came through;

Frost not named in the final 22, interesting.

I thought Frost was almost certain to play...
Shame about Daw, i thought he would make a good sub in this game.
He will play soon though.
Maybe, but I have heard he is still battling knee soreness during the week.

Thomas named as an EMG, surely not Dale Thomas.....Josh Thomas I guess

I thought Seedsman would get a guernsey in this game, but Johnson, Clarke, Dwyer and Russell have been preferred to him. I am a bit surprised by the interchange bench, unless Seedsman is actually suffering from a hamstring injury. Dwyer is off to a flying start.
Seedsman could just be a little off match fitness

I'd personally have him or Young (Also not fit) ahead of Clarke but for round 1 we have no reason to play underdone players

Seedsman wouldn't be emergency if he were injured. Also he played all the practice games so shouldn't be short of match fitness. I still wouldn't be surprised if he comes in. We have too many small/mid forwards imo - Macaffer, Goldsack, Dwyer, Sinclair, Elliot, Blair. Also can't fathom how Seedsman wouldn't be getting a game on half back in front of Marty Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the reason for the turnaround on Dwyer? Last week he wasn't even upgraded ahead of guys like Frost and Ben Hudson, now suddenly he's in your Round 1 side. Has he had a particularly huge week on the track or something?

Frost & Hudson were upgraded as backup with injury clouds over Reid and Jolly. We needed to lock in our 2 rookie upgrades to even up our senior list by last Tuesday so obviously if one of them were unavailable we needed to have backup. Dwyer has had a really good preseason and been good in the games he's played so it was out of him, Mooney and Martin for that LTI upgrade spot.

Good decision to not play Frost. I just worry we would be too top heavy. Last year with Tarrant it was different because Taz could play on smalls and go forward if needed whereas I don't see Frost capable of this. He will be good back up if Reid or Brown don't come up.

Seedsman should be in over Clarke but he must be a little underdone.

Great to see Dwyer, exactly the type of player we need with Fas, Krak, Daisy and Dids all out.

Dwyer, Elliott, Sinclair and Caff is a really good mix of smalls/mediums.

Good decision to not play Frost. I just worry we would be too top heavy. Last year with Tarrant it was different because Taz could play on smalls and go forward if needed whereas I don't see Frost capable of this. He will be good back up if Reid or Brown don't come up.

Seedsman should be in over Clarke but he must be a little underdone.

Great to see Dwyer, exactly the type of player we need with Fas, Krak, Daisy and Dids all out.

Dwyer, Elliott, Sinclair and Caff is a really good mix of smalls/mediums.

I think u'd be surprised by how fast and agile Frost is

Final named 22's just came through;

Frost not named in the final 22, interesting.

Yeah that is Interesting we are not going with Frost as they have the 3 Talls. Guess we might be Backing Toovey to play on 1 of the Talls.

Great story for Dwyer though

Yeah that is Interesting we are not going with Frost as they have the 3 Talls. Guess we might be Backing Toovey to play on 1 of the Talls.

Great story for Dwyer though

I think you're backing yourselves to control the ball to the point where our forward height doesn't become an issue.

Good on Buckley for taking a risk and sticking to his guns. He'll wear some flack if one of the North talls gets off the hook.

I think you're backing yourselves to control the ball to the point where our forward height doesn't become an issue.

Good on Buckley for taking a risk and sticking to his guns. He'll wear some flack if one of the North talls gets off the hook.

Must be backing in our Forward Press ALA 2010

Yeah he will cop it if 1 of your tall kicks a Bag

I'd have backed either Frost or Toovs in. Maxwell will need to help out a lot though. As long as our pressure up the ground is good enough to prevent good delivery I don't think there will be a problem. But that was a major problem last year so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I must say I'm loving the contributions of the North supporters in this thread. Its great insight :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Round 1 - Collingwood vs North - Selected Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back