Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lil dirty for not picking thunt, was considering him a few weeks back and again last night but I'm glad I passed on Clem.
We've now seen Clem Smith is a sub candidate and when he plays a full game he doesn't score well anyway.

We've now seen Clem Smith is a sub candidate and when he plays a full game he doesn't score well anyway.
You can't base his scoring off that game.

He got little to no support, and he was expecting to play less than half a game, and got subbed into the game in the opening minutes in front of 83,000 people when he wasn't expecting it.

Got very little doubt Martin will bounce back and smash out a 120+ score next week against the Dogs. He had a crap score tonight, it'll happen to many other premo's this weekend, but you pick them for the season, not for 1 game.
The Dogs are better than this shower of shit he played against.

Got very little doubt Martin will bounce back and smash out a 120+ score next week against the Dogs. He had a crap score tonight, it'll happen to many other premo's this weekend, but you pick them for the season, not for 1 game.

Cripps on the other hand...

My first year of supercoach so i don't no what to make of my teams scores so far

Mckintosh 120
Simpson 103
Martin 51

Disappointed in martin but delighted in Mckintosh

Did Malthouse actually say "I can't see us losing a game"? Guessing he's been taken out of context here. And even if he said exactly that with the exact context everyone has taken it in, then he's clearly having a laugh.

I barely ever trust NAB challenge, they always **** everyone over.

It wasn't just NAB Cup challenge though - there was opportunity (Judd inside mid, Gibbs/Murphy more running midfielders, spots definitely open for a bonafide inside midfielder), he has size, and he's not a new draftee (couple of years in the system means he should be able to adapt to the game more easily, ala Hogan expectations).

He might turn out to be a dud pick but all the signs pointed to being a solid pick for his price. His NAB Cup scores were a bonus.

Did Malthouse actually say "I can't see us losing a game"? Guessing he's been taken out of context here. And even if he said exactly that with the exact context everyone has taken it in, then he's clearly having a laugh.

It wasn't just NAB Cup challenge though - there was opportunity (Judd inside mid, Gibbs/Murphy more running midfielders, spots definitely open for a bonafide inside midfielder), he has size, and he's not a new draftee (couple of years in the system means he should be able to adapt to the game more easily, ala Hogan expectations).

He might turn out to be a dud pick but all the signs pointed to being a solid pick for his price. His NAB Cup scores were a bonus.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...to-see-team-lose/story-fni5f5nx-1227271188162

As for Cripps, this is his 2nd season in the AFL. I honestly didn't think he looked like anything special in the games I saw last year, and in fact thought he was a bit of a meh draft selection. Size is also extremely overrated, whether it be height or body shape. Take Robert Murphy for example. Can't argue about the midfielder opportunities though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruckman both scored poorly from pretty good games. May not be worth spending big there.
Not sure exactly what he said that was "hindsight". Only been one game, not hindsight at all yet.
I took his comments as being directed at Maric/Wood. You've taken them as being directed at the entire Ruck division. Interpretation.

I've got the E on Mcintosh too. Decision time. Keep Hamling in the hope he plays soon?
Hard when Goddard/Hamling/McKenzie aren't even listed on extended benches. Means they're a while away.

Just back Saad to limit the damage I reckon. If for whatever reason Hamling doesn't get a run, a trade is a high price to pay for 50 points, give or take a few.
Agreed

Pretty tempted to **** off Cripps.

This is why I need to do research and not just pick them cause others are.
+1. Was keen on Newton but switched based on all the hype. Moved Docherty to Newnes based on the hype too.

No-one to blame but myself. Back your gut, should know better.

Did Malthouse actually say "I can't see us losing a game"? Guessing he's been taken out of context here. And even if he said exactly that with the exact context everyone has taken it in, then he's clearly having a laugh..
Yes he was. Typically the HS went with it in order to run a double page spread arguing against it as if was a slow news day.

He turned up at a press conference and said "no doubt you journos are all after a headline, so how about this; it's very hard to see us losing a game"

Jimmy Webster says hi

Jury is still out on him, but i'll back him for now. I'm just thankful my 2 most disappointing scorers tonight in Cripps and Martin are 2 of the most popular selections this season.

Keep Dusty because he's a premo, Cripps was just plain old disappointing, you expect more from someone of his price tbh.

I'm a lil dirty for not picking thunt, was considering him a few weeks back and again last night but I'm glad I passed on Clem.
Me too:(
Re: clem someone posted somewhere on here that he doesn't have a very big tank and that was enough for me so I thank you whoever you were.. In fact I'm going to look him up now. :thumbsu:

Yes he was. Typically the HS went with it in order to run a double page spread arguing against it as if was a slow news day.

He turned up at a press conference and said "no doubt you journos are all after a headline, so how about this; it's very hard to see us losing a game"

Yep, took 1 link at the article, saw the photo of Mick and his shit-eating grin, and he's still got the Sheedy-style coach in him...

Im not sure if Hamling is in the mix, was a sub in their last NAB game and they have Morris and Roberts who I think are ahead of him. Some bloke before mentioned Whitecross as an option if you're willing to park almost $200k on your bench and an almost certain string of green vests when he does appear. Not worth it I reckon. I don't even think Brett Goodes is cemented in their 22 so there is risk with him too.

So you will be starting Cripps on your field next week then?

Coz otherwise you will be parking OVER 200k on your bench. Unless you are trading after Round 1 of course.

How long will WhiteX's green string vest be do you reckon?

I'm trying to find out how soon Hawks people expect to see him. A week or so ago the prediction was Round 3 I think.

It's doable. Haven't made my mind up yet, but he'd be something of a POD and maybe a handy one at that.

I'd be starting McIntosh anyway next week, probably the week after and if he settles down to rookie type scores WhiteX should be ready to relieve him.

The only thing more frustrating than having a couple of your players under perform in round 1 is trading them out and having them kill it in round 2... Can imagine we'll have a few in this boat popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back