Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too:(
Re: clem someone posted somewhere on here that he doesn't have a very big tank and that was enough for me so I thank you whoever you were.. In fact I'm going to look him up now. :thumbsu:
Plus one

So you will be starting Cripps on your field next week then? - Yes

Coz otherwise you will be parking OVER 200k on your bench. Unless you are trading after Round 1 of course.

How long will WhiteX's green string vest be do you reckon? - The same length as any other coloured string.

I'm trying to find out how soon Hawks people expect to see him. A week or so ago the prediction was Round 3 I think. - Has played in the VFL so yeh not far off hopefully.

It's doable. Haven't made my mind up yet, but he'd be something of a POD and maybe a handy one at that. - Indeed

I'd be starting McIntosh anyway next week, probably the week after and if he settles down to rookie type scores WhiteX should be ready to relieve him. - Good plan

David Swallow says hi back?
I'm not sure you can compare a number 1 draft pick with 3 years and 51 games experience to a rookie who has played 3 games.

Apples and Oranges

Keep Dusty because he's a premo, Cripps was just plain old disappointing, you expect more from someone of his price tbh.
Yes he was very disappointing, but that's what early trades are for ... correcting the rookies. And it's much easier to trade down a high priced rookie than it is to find the cash to trade up a cheap one. Having said that, I won't be making any rookie trades until they've played twice.

Can't believe Cripps was as popular as he is, very happy I steered clear. Players like him (Jobe Watson types) don't really become SC relevant till they're 23 or so.

Angus Brayshaw on the other hand..

Should have done homework on Cripps. He has played 3 career games, I just put him in because everyone else had him.
Well as long as Everyone else has him it won't matter too much...except if you hadn't copied everyone you'd be the only one without him therefore probably on top of the ladder and 1000 bucks richer by weeks end;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5/449 from Hunt, McIntosh, Judd, Martin and Cripps.

A real mixed bag, Hunt and McIntosh scoring well above par, Judd about par and Martin and Cripps well below par.

Overall not too bad a start.
I would have thought picking judd was a bad start dodged a bullet there.
Ps.for what it's worth McCallum and southee are brilliant (from an Aussie):thumbsu:

Martin will never be a consistent premium midfielder until he can get from contest to contest. His on field play resembles his points- Has good bursts but sluggish in between. I also had Cripps. First time I have seen him, and it amazes me he scored so well in the NAB Cup. I will hold onto Cripps for now though, but will trade Martin into a consistent Forward first week.
OK who do you suggest, Deledio, Roughhead, Wingard? Who?

I would have thought picking judd was a bad start dodged a bullet there.
Ps.for what it's worth McCallum and southee are brilliant (from an Aussie):thumbsu:

Surprised not many other people have picked Judd, for 486k he's a bargain, he may not be at his peak but he's still a premo mid capable of averaging over 100 and is looking in better shape than he had the last couple of years when he was carrying injuries.

I rate McCulllum and Southee too but lost a bet on the WC final, hence the avatar and sig.

Personally i was far more disappointed with Martin than Cripps. I was tempted to try and find another 50k to upgrade Martin to Gray but i ended up hesitating and then saying stuff it. I think i'll regret that decision. Next time i hear anything about Martin's tank having built up so he can play in the midfield i'm just going to laugh it off. That said over the course of the season i'm sure he will come good and probably do his normal 100 average.

Cripps i'm not too worried about - 53 isn't devastating for a player of his price. Mcintosh beasted it but most people seem to have him anyway - so no real gain there. But its only the beginning of the round - still a long, long way to go.

Surprised not many other people have picked Judd, for 486k he's a bargain, he may not be at his peak but he's still a premo mid capable of averaging over 100 and is looking in better shape than he had the last couple of years when he was carrying injuries.

I rate McCulllum and Southee too but lost a bet on the WC final, hence the avatar and sig.
I'm happy for the traitor I'd never pick him even if he grew wings but I guess I'm a bit biased lol

Why are all these people referring to "Webster"? It's "Strawberry Kisses" or "SK".

Lets see how Newton and NVB go there in the Crispp price tag.
I'll give you a hint...
potato-cookbook-2.jpg

******* NEWS FLASH *******

Reports have just started to flood in that Patrick Cricks was seen at a Lygon Street cafe today having lunch with best Mage and confidant, Jimmy Webster.

Paige was also said to have been keen as mustard on Cripps and had him locked in her side in December

Unfortunately these two vital pieces of information have arrive 90 minutes too late to save 45.79% of SC'ers

******* NEWS FLASH *******

Don't forget me.

I talked up Webster last year, had him in my team and picked Cripps this year.

Am I Paige???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back