Game Day Round 1: Freo vs Geelong @ subi 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with everything everyone's said - we're missing Barlow's steady hands in the midfield and and Yarrans reach in the forward line.

We've fallen so far off the pace we don't even know what League we're in.

Um Ballas would make no difference to this game.

There is fundamental and positioning errors which should not be occurring.
Of course he'd make a difference. Have you been watching the forward pressure?
I didn't say he'd win it - I said he'd make a difference. If you can't see the lack of forward pressure and Geelong being able to waltz away with in our forward 50 more easily than if he were there, then I'd say you're not watching.

Either that, or you're just being you.

Dunstall, Lockett, Ablett would look average if they were in our forward line. Our forward line delivery has been nothing short of shocking. You can't bomb the ball into the forward line against Geelong

You're right but regardless you still have to take marks when you get hands to them, you can win 1 v 1's and you can win the loose ball. We're just uncompetitive in winning 1 on 1's and the loose ball atm and dropping marks doesn't help

We always seem to have too many players in our forward fifty, while there are paddocks in theirs. Either we're dragging them up or they are congesting our forward line so that we can't use the ball.

I refuse to give up until the match end . Ross can turn it around.:) . TBH watching peel is a lot more enjoyable than this .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with everything everyone's said - we're missing Barlow's steady hands in the midfield and and Yarrans reach in the forward line.

We've fallen so far off the pace we don't even know what League we're in.

People need to remind themselves that this is a 4 year rebuild. The core of players is there (Fyfe, Hill, HIll, Walters, McCarthy, A Pearce, Neale, Blakely etc)

We need to turn over the list again at the end of the year, target a few more players from the same age group give games to Logue, Weller, crozier etc.

Crozier and Logue must play next week.

Of course he'd make a difference. Have you been watching the forward pressure?
I didn't say he'd win it - I said he'd make a difference. If you can't see the lack of forward pressure and Geelong being able to waltz away with in our forward 50 more easily than if he were there, then I'd say you're not watching.

Either that, or you're just being you.
You're imagining a perfect Ballantyne. It's more likely he'd be playing as poorly as the rest of the team.

None of them look like they have any idea what they're doing out there, even cooler heads like Fyfe and Neale aren't going great. It's a real team stinker.

People need to remind themselves that this is a 4 year rebuild. The core of players is there (Fyfe, Hill, HIll, Walters, McCarthy, A Pearce, Neale, Blakely etc)

We need to turn over the list again at the end of the year, target a few more players from the same age group give games to Logue, Weller, crozier etc.

fyfe will walk end of the year

You're right but regardless you still have to take marks when you get hands to them, you can win 1 v 1's and you can win the loose ball. We're just uncompetitive in winning 1 on 1's and the loose ball atm and dropping marks doesn't help

Sonny and Griff dropped get table marks right in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something has been wrong with the game plan for quite a while, since we got criticised for being too defensive and nearly destroying the game a few years ago all we do is leak goals constantly. Today we are ahead on nearly every stat, kicks, handballs, free kicks, clearances, and stoppages and nearly equal on inside 50's yet we are getting pumped. Where has the fight and passion gone.

Nothing wrong with the game plan or the effort. Getting beaten by a better team that has some quality KPP's. We don't have any at present or they're having an off night. Umpiring isn't helping!!!

The core of players are playing like shit. We are doing either long bombs or short sideways kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back