Game Day Round 1: Freo vs Geelong @ subi 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty amazing that absolutely nothing has changed over the past 2-3 pre-seasons.

Ah well, when's the draft?
So we can draft another person who only stated playing footy 2 years ago
People need to remind themselves that this is a 4 year rebuild. The core of players is there (Fyfe, Hill, HIll, Walters, McCarthy, A Pearce, Neale, Blakely etc)

We need to turn over the list again at the end of the year, target a few more players from the same age group give games to Logue, Weller, crozier etc.

Crozier and Logue must play next week.
Did Geelong or the Hawks have a 4 year rebuild?

You're imagining a perfect Ballantyne. It's more likely he'd be playing as poorly as the rest of the team.

None of them look like they have any idea what they're doing out there, even cooler heads like Fyfe and Neale aren't going great. It's a real team stinker.
Hardly, although a perfect Ballantyne would be useful.
But you can't argue that none of them look like they have nay idea what they're doing, and then turn around and say Ballantyne wouldn't help. Kind of self-defeating logic there.

Well that sucked a pair of nuts.

No intesnity, no skill, fumbling like they bathed their hands in Vaseline (after smearing it liberally on their arses), turnovers like nobodies business.

Horrible. Midfield had no system, no ability to move the ball. Forwards no idea how to lead without tripping over each other.

Conor Blakely the only one to lead hard at the ball.
The defence must be changed.

We cannot have Spurr, Sutcliffe, Dawson and Johnson stinking it up.

I don't care if Harley Balic is slower than a wet week, he gets a game next week, and Logue comes in. He may not be ready but the rest aren't AFL standard so what're you going to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't believe how quickly we fell off the cliff after 2015, realisation hit home by the end of last year that we are in full rebuilding mode

But the lack of any system or gameplan is a worry, we know we have too many spuds but we still win it out of the middle and bomb it long in hope

A lot of members will be calling for the Coaching dept to be held accountable this year, rightly or wrongly.

There you go another long bomb to no-one, lack of awareness and panic

I hope no changes from Ross , the kids will get kill by port next week if this is the game plan he want them to play.

I think its going to be a long season. The coach has not kept up with the game.

When I saw the starting lineup and there was Dawson, Suban, Pearce & co I knew nothing had changed.

Last year Sam Collins showed a lot and Dawson ended up in Peel. Now we have Dawson back and Collins back in the twos. For what purpose?

Pearce is 30 + and cannot reliably hit a target up forward. He is never going to learn it now.

And Suban.... dont get me started on Suban.

Johnson is past it. Should retire now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we can draft another person who only stated playing footy 2 years ago

Did Geelong or the Hawks have a 4 year rebuild?
The hawks did a same before they won there Premierships, they also have the advantage of being in victorie where there is a lot more free agents plus they have won the premierships.

We have a very good group 23-26, we just need to add a view more players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back