Game Day Round 1 Match Day Discussion - And Away We Go !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
18/1657 (c) with Ziebell, Taranto, Powell and Bruhn to play.

Like most, I’ve got Gulden and Rowe on my bench with no E.

However, I’ve got Jordan’s 78 as an E with Powell and Bruhn on field. Would you ditch either Powell or Bruhn to bank 78 points? 30-50mm of rain predicted for Sydney today which has me leaning towards dumping Bruhn.
I woke up at 6am. We've had 40mm since then.

18/1657 (c) with Ziebell, Taranto, Powell and Bruhn to play.

Like most, I’ve got Gulden and Rowe on my bench with no E.

However, I’ve got Jordan’s 78 as an E with Powell and Bruhn on field. Would you ditch either Powell or Bruhn to bank 78 points? 30-50mm of rain predicted for Sydney today which has me leaning towards dumping Bruhn.

I was not aware that Bruhn was a marking target. You would think that wet conditions would suit an inside mid playing half forward. 3300 points to be distributed regardless.

For every team with Guilden on the ground there appears to be 10 without. Similar with Rowe.

The thing is I had Gulden on-field until I found out that Lazzaro didn't make North's final 22 an hour before last nights games so i used my left over cash to turn Lazzaro into Campbell who I promptly moved on-field at Gulden's expense. :$

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Thought I’d go through and look at the ruck scores for round 1, so far:
Ruck scores:
Hickey 123
McInerney 109
Draper 76
McEvoy 89
Ceglar 86
ROB 55
Stanley 75
Gawn 93
Meek 43
Grundy 70
S. Martin 94
Nankervis 76
Pittonet 85

It’s not pretty, I think the rules have opened the game up in general, although Gawn and Grundy did dominate their respective games hit outs, they still couldn’t score well. Having 1.4 million tied up in Grundy and Gawn seems a waste of cash. I can easily see them dropping 150k+ each over the next 6-8 weeks. The issue is, none of the premium rucks scored well. Hickey and S. Martin could be interesting downgrades and allow us to strengthen the shit out of the rest of our sides. Thoughts?

Paying for the 5 of the big 6 (Have all bar Grundy) did not pay off in round 1. I am 1734 with three to play, Powell, Taranto and Flynn.

Anyone know if the game in sydney is going ahead?

Who are the 4 remaining?

I haven't seen many better scores tbh

1935 with 4 remaining

Taranto, Powell, Highmore, Flynn.

Content but will be missing Dangerflog next few weeks unless trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18/1766 (c) Ziebell, Bergman, Powell & Highmore to play.

Had A.Scott on field and E on Berry instead of playing Gulden... Bergman also taking up Rowe's spot but not going to trade him. Only saving grace was Titch. Have Clark and Phillips for some reason instead of Brayshaw/Dusty & Jordon. Not an ideal start.

Champion Fault need to do somethin' about their scoring calculus. Half back defenders sleep walk to 110 every game with shameful gullin' and kickout spam. Meanwhile gun midfield gimps dominate 24/7 just to scrape the same score.

Agree with this. Metres gained from a kick in probably shouldn’t count for much if anything.

Footy-wise, how'd the Bombers' lose that?
Were sitting pretty in the first half, did they just fall in a heap or was Clarko throwing smoke grenades and wheeling out short people in clown cars to rattle them?
No short people mate, just a pig named Tom. Went berserk mode after half time and it was glorious.

ATRBUin2eTskg.gif

Hats off to 4% who have him

I have Steele but tempted to go Rowell or Simpkin and stash the cash for corrections. Bit worried about Uber premos, look what happened to Neale. What you guys think?
Edit: or taranto/ldu

Is Viney back next week? Is Jordan likely to make way?

Big questions to ponder... along with to trade or not to trade this week to get in 4 trades before price rises?

Ruck scores:
Hickey 123
McInerney 109
Draper 76
McEvoy 89
Ceglar 86
ROB 55
Stanley 75
Gawn 93
Meek 43
Grundy 70
S. Martin 94
Nankervis 76
Pittonet 85

It’s not pretty, I think the rules have opened the game up in general, although Gawn and Grundy did dominate their respective games hit outs, they still couldn’t score well. Having 1.4 million tied up in Grundy and Gawn seems a waste of cash. I can easily see them dropping 150k+ each over the next 6-8 weeks. The issue is, none of the premium rucks scored well. Hickey and S. Martin could be interesting downgrades and allow us to strengthen the sh*t out of the rest of our sides. Thoughts?
I am giving it one more week but it does seem to be problem since we have bought in at such a high price point. If Grundy does not look good next week him to Hickey seems to be the move.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ruck scores:
Hickey 123
McInerney 109
Draper 76
McEvoy 89
Ceglar 86
ROB 55
Stanley 75
Gawn 93
Meek 43
Grundy 70
S. Martin 94
Nankervis 76
Pittonet 85

It’s not pretty, I think the rules have opened the game up in general, although Gawn and Grundy did dominate their respective games hit outs, they still couldn’t score well. Having 1.4 million tied up in Grundy and Gawn seems a waste of cash. I can easily see them dropping 150k+ each over the next 6-8 weeks. The issue is, none of the premium rucks scored well. Hickey and S. Martin could be interesting downgrades and allow us to strengthen the sh*t out of the rest of our sides. Thoughts?

It's a cluster**** at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back