Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It can't possibly go worse then the last time we played them;

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/21/coll-v-bl

As long we don’t have any Big Injuries and Put in a Way Better Effort then we did last time.

As last time we where bloody Pathetic

As for this game, I won't be happy with a loss but I won't be shattered if we put up a really goof fight and go down by a small margin. This isn't an easy game for us, the Lions play a brand that is hard for us to contain, they rely on pace and we have next to no pace.

I also except we try our Hardest but come up a Tad Short but a Win would be better

The problem with that is I reckon Daisy still cares for Collingwood, still had feelings for the club, while Beams obviously doesn't after the way he left.

I think he may be nervous early but he will play well against us, because he's also in his prime, unlike Thomas who was on the decline after he left us.

I doubt he get any extra attention like Daisy Did. As I think the Players have no problem of Beams going Home to be with his Dad. Though I still think his Relationship with Bucks is not as good as it was

Lions should go in as slight favourites. If we lose this game expect the board to have a huge meltdown

IF we get Flogged it be just like after the Dogs Game but I won’t complain if the Effort is there

Lions should go in as slight favourites. If we lose this game expect the board to have a huge meltdown

There was a pretty big meltdown after a nab cup loss, would hate to see it after losing a game that is actually played for premiership points.

Huge game, seeing as Brisbane's back line is one of their weakest spots I'd like us to play a lot of damaging forwards to really stretch them, which is
why I would like to see Karnezis and Fasolo play. and hopefully Witts if hes healthy.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

As long we don’t have any Big Injuries and Put in a Way Better Effort then we did last time.
As last time we where bloody Pathetic
It's a new year TD
Time to look forward:)

Whilst I'm hopeful this will be the case the Nab Cup did nothing but assure me we haven't improved in structure ball use etc.

I tipped us pre-dogs game but after the Dogs I changed my Pick to the Lions

Brisbane will pump us. Their midfeild is quality and they will win it just about everytime. Beams will have 30 and kick 3. Brisbane by 50 points.

When this prediction turns out to be WRONG, excuses will be made.

It won't be because we are actually not bad and might have a good season.

The focus will be on how bad Brisbane are, even though the post above rates them as 'quality'. This 'quality' will be cast into doubt if we win because they couldn't be quality if we beat them, because we are a terrible team and all REAL supporters know this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The focus will be on how bad Brisbane are, even though the post above rates them as 'quality'. This 'quality' will be cast into doubt if we win because they couldn't be quality if we beat them, because we are a terrible team and all REAL supporters know this...

What?

Hopefully somewhere on the whiteboard in the sheds this will be one of the team instructions:

TACKLE THAT C$@T

The guy who predicted the Lions by 50 is a hater.

He won't be pleasantly surprised if we win. He will explain any success away without giving credit to the team he supposedly supports.

So the team that he is now praising as 'quality' because we are about to play them will NOT be considered quality if we beat them. His tune regarding the ability level of the Lions team will change markedly, because the only alternative would be to acknowledge the quality of the Collingwood team. And he doesn't do that.

Is it clear now?

He will explain any success away without giving credit to the team he supposedly supports.

Because the success he wants is premierships. Thatsgold might be negative in his approach but he is a Collingwood supporter with high expectations of this club, expectations that haven't been met in the last few years.

I think we're every chance of winning if we click.

I worry about the battle in the middle, though.

Is Witts gonna up for the game?

No One has Travelled North Yet but how he looked in the VFL Game. He looked like he be Ready for Rd 1.

Need both Grundy and Witts vs Lions

If we win I think we will be in with a shout to make the 8 for the rest of the season providing they keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back