Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christensen and wellingham equal? Are you serious.

Anywho

Without looking at the stats, I'd imagine Sharrod had a similar output for us in 2010-11 to Christensen at Geelong. Wellingham was lethal at stoppages for us... has gone downhill since moving west.

But if it makes you feel better, Christensen gets the nod.... doesn't make a difference to my point.

Christensen and wellingham equal? Are you serious.

Anywho

He was referring to Wellingham circa 2010 / 2011

Given that West Coast paid pick 17 for Wellingham and Lions paid pick 21 for Christiansen, that's not too far off.

Kidding right?

Rockliff-Swan
Beams-Pendlebury
Hanley-Thomas
Redden-Ball
Aish-Sidebottom
Christensen-Wellingham
Rich-Didak
Zorko-?
Mayes-Blair
C. Beams-?

Their mids are bigtime and they bat real deep! Yeah they're average in a fair few other areas, but trashing their midfield is ignorant, IMO.

Trashing it is ignorant. Saying it is as good as ours is is equally ignorant. Swan and Pendles were top 5 players in the comp. Nobody at Brisbane is that level. Didak was elite also, and Rich isn't close to him.

I doubt anyone would disagree that their midfield is excellent. It is in the top handful in the league.

Add Ben Johnson and Dayne Beams to our 2010-11 list for the two question marks. I think that Collingwood wins every one of those comparisons except for Mayes vs. Blair, and Christensen vs. Wellingham is probably about even. How quickly people seem to forget just how good a peak Swan, Thomas, Ball, Didak were.

I won't cop that the Collingwood midfield was amazing and, IMO, the equal of Brisbane's 01-03.

The difference between you and me is I think this Brisbane midfield is something special as well and the current league best. It has stuff all to do with running down our 2010-2011 mids and everything to do with pumping up the 2015 Brisbane midfield.

I won't cop that the Collingwood midfield was amazing and, IMO, the equal of Brisbane's 01-03.

The difference between you and me is I think this Brisbane midfield is something special as well and the current league best. It has stuff all to do with running down our 2010-2011 mids and everything to do with pumping up the 2015 Brisbane midfield.
Fair enough. They have a lot of potential... But not the runs on the board yet. Time will tell how good they can be.

They may have more talent but at this stage they are not using that talent to full extent. If these players are that good and that ready they would have ripped apart the NAB challenge. They didn't. It is their fault that they didn't get picked. Promise is not enough. Performance is what counts.

I would love to see BK, PK and Broomy all getting games, but they should have put stronger cases forward during the preseason. Broomy in particular has been extremely underwhelming.

Absolutely spot on!!

What a vanilla 22, glad to see De Goey picked, though.

Lack of Broomhead and Kennedy just boggles the mind IMO
What does this mean? Give or take a couple of changes the players named are the men who have been at our club for years. Did you think we were vanilla last year and the year before that? Do Broomhead and Kennedy remove the vanilla if included? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So....let me get this straight...a kid (or kids) who can kick both feet, run quickly, kick goals and has plenty of scope for improvement has to do all that in the NAB. Geez a young Swanny or Didak must have set the world on fire in their praccy matches.
In all seriousness, we get kids as talented as Broomhead once every 5-10 years mate. If you wanna waste that vision and skill in the seconds far be it from me to stop you. But from where I sit, (and I've seen a few "good ones" over the years) he's already more dangerous and productive with 10-15 touches a game than honest triers like Goldy and Blairo.

Mate I don't disagree with you on principal but they have to earn their selection.....based on skills set and ability I would have all 3 of Broomy, BK and PK picked in my side but at present they haven't done enough to justify being selected and this is obviously evident with their non selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back