Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect a much closer opening game this year

Highly rate Damian Hardwick, craps all over Wallace

Rate Hardwick as well, but he has 2 distinct issues working against him..

1. New game plan. Very very likely Richmond will take most of this year, and possibly part of 2011 to really nail it.

2. Terrible skills. Richmond, without a doubt, were the worst skilled team in the AFL. They are coming from a long long way back.

Carlton by 31 points.

Rate Hardwick as well, but he has 2 distinct issues working against him..

1. New game plan. Very very likely Richmond will take most of this year, and possibly part of 2011 to really nail it.

2. Terrible skills. Richmond, without a doubt, were the worst skilled team in the AFL. They are coming from a long long way back.

Carlton by 31 points.

They'll be a more difficult opposition this year. Their list is still pretty terrible, but last year they couldn't even execute basic footy skills properly because of negligent preparation. You wouldn't have to do much to improve on that skill level.

The other thing the Tiges have been famous for is their softness. GT mentioned this last year - apparently Richmond are well known throughout the football coaching world as been a very soft side physically and mentally. Hardwick should toughen a few of them up, but a few are terminally soft.

:)

Where will Kruezer play against the Tigers...??

I would like him to play mostly up forward and for a change as a
Ruck Rover instead of a ruckman...

Interesting. How would the opposition handle it? Of course Warnock and Hammo would have to pose some danger around the ground or else their ruckman would just man him up. That in all likelihood is what would happen and they would try to hurt us with their running R/R. Kreuze would have to be at least as good as Jimmy Stynes for us to come out ahead Or Hammo and 206 would have to start taking marks too and the 3 combined hurt them. Not likely to happen when you think about it BUT still interesting :footy:

Interesting. How would the opposition handle it? Of course Warnock and Hammo would have to pose some danger around the ground or else their ruckman would just man him up. That in all likelihood is what would happen and they would try to hurt us with their running R/R. Kreuze would have to be at least as good as Jimmy Stynes for us to come out ahead Or Hammo and 206 would have to start taking marks too and the 3 combined hurt them. Not likely to happen when you think about it BUT still interesting :footy:

Mark this post Five...;)

Hammo wont play, injured...

Highly rate Damian Hardwick, craps all over Wallace

I dunno, it's all just Richmond talk to me. Hardwick has done nothing except get them 102 points behind the hawks at 3/4 time. Wallace was quite successful with the Bulldogs, it's just another Richmond cop out to blame him. He can't be blamed for the 22 years of failure before that.

They'll be a more difficult opposition this year. Their list is still pretty terrible, but last year they couldn't even execute basic footy skills properly because of negligent preparation. You wouldn't have to do much to improve on that skill level.

The other thing the Tiges have been famous for is their softness. GT mentioned this last year - apparently Richmond are well known throughout the football coaching world as been a very soft side physically and mentally. Hardwick should toughen a few of them up, but a few are terminally soft.

:)

Well he did pick the Tigers to beat us parrot .............

Here's mine - any glaring omissions?
Swap in an emergency for Judd (obviously)
In my opinion, give Lucas a run in the Navy Blue!
Code:
FB Joseph    Jamison    Russell
HB Thornton  Bower      Scotland

C  Simpson   McLean     Walker

HF Robinson  Henderson  Waite
FF Betts     o’hAilpin  Yarran

FO Kreuzer   Gibbs      Murphy

IN Warnock   Carazzo    Hadley     Judd

EM Hampson   Grigg      Garlett    Lucas

Try doing this by narrowing it down to our 'best' 26 players :cool: Sheesh!

Maybe this game a few years back

R7 H Carlton 7.4 13.8 19.11 23.13 151 0.2 1.3 5.3 10.6 66 W M.C.G. 52,234 07-May-2005 -

Actually since 97 we almost have split our results - we have won 9 of the 20 played so really you have not done any better than us in that period. In fact in the same years you have lost 172 games and we have lost 170.

Yeah we have been poorly preformed for a long time but in all honesty yiou are perhaps one year ahead of us in terms of long term goals in from 07 - 09 you went from 4 wins to 10 and we went from 3 - 11 then we had a shocker last year and you had a good year.

I expect you to finish higher than us again this year - as do everyone else but the long term diff is not as great as some on here would think in my opinion.

You have detailed exactly my point of why parrot couldn't have suffered a major trauma at the hands of the RFC as a child.

The Tigers beat us in the '69 GF, we repaid the compliment in '72. The Tigers triumphed again in '73, we gained revenge in '82. The Tigers smashed us in 2005, we once again repaid the favour in 2009. Nothing traumatic in any of this, because we always return the favour.

As far as where we are in relation to Richmond, I think you are kidding yourself if you believe you are only one year behind us, bearing in mind your improved season in 2008 came on the back of a stellar season from Richo, with good support from Bowden & Brown, all of whom are now gone. You can't turn over 14 players in one off-season, with still more to go & be keeping up with those who turned their list over 2-3 years before hand. 2010 should be the season when Richmond hit rock bottom & then start gradual improvement from 2011, with the impact of the huge list turnover being less of a factor.

Code:
FB Joseph    Jamison    Russell
HB Thornton  Bower      Scotland

C  Simpson   McLean     Walker

HF Robinson  Henderson  Waite
FF Betts     o’hAilpin  Yarran

FO Kreuzer   Gibbs      Murphy

IN Warnock   Carazzo    Hadley     Judd

EM Hampson   Grigg      Garlett    Lucas

Try doing this by narrowing it down to our 'best' 26 players:cool: Sheesh!

Joey Anderson will play...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad effort at all, mate - but Judd won't be playing, obviously.

The only changes I can see the coaching staff making to that are:
1) Out: Judd, In: Houlihan - Based on the preseason, Houla is in the plans of the MC this season. Not that I necessarily agree with it, but I think that's the way it'll be.
2) Out: Hadley, In: Grigg - Really like Hadley and what he adds to our midfield, but the MC really do hold Grigga in high regard. Was turning into a really good player for us prior to injuries last year, and I think he'll be given every opportunity to get back on track.

Joey Anderson will play...

Possibly. I like Joey but his disposal and decision making are currently a liability. I know he has featured heavily in the preseason but I think, come the real stuff on Thursday night, we might just put a particular emphasis on good disposal, which may see Joey squeezed out of the lineup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back