Round 1 vs Blues Expectations

• We will dominate from start to finish 60+ win

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • Game will be close-ish but then we cruise to a 5 goal win

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • We will be in front by 5 goals at half time, have our lead eroded but hang on in a thriller

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Same as above, except the blues steal the win in a nightmare result

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Blues have a good lead throughout the game but we storm home to win by a couple goals

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Never turn up and get demolished (Ala 2014 final vs Port)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only bloke who has a clue in that picture is Postecoglou.

Only reason he is there is he had to go to the club to pick up his membership

Club is so shit they can't even get a mail out of memberships working properly :D

If you think that it can't happen again then you can keep on living in your fantasy world my friend. I'll stick to reality :thumbsu:
Of course it CAN happen, it also COULD happen that we win by 10+ goals or we could win by 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 goals or lose by the same margins it could be a great game or an average game or a shit game, we could...well, I think you'll get the message.
The only reality is that this game hasn't been played yet, we are all fantasizing what may happen and some are positive and some are not.

Ok, so here's my prediction of how Round 1 will go...

I'm going to buy a pie and some tomato sauce with it. I have not had a pie at the footy this year. That might be because the season hasn't started yet, but I don't know.

Richmond by 59 points.
Prediction on sauce stain numbers? Even spread between shirt and jeans?

Carlton list looks like spew . I don't even think this game is really worthy of any discussion .The Tiges will have a very easy first up win 60+.

Carlton list looks like spew . I don't even think this game is really worthy of any discussion .The Tiges will have a very easy first up win 60+.

That's if we make the most of our opportunities and punish them on the scoreboard and in general play. Maturity plays a massive role in this, and I guess we have to wait and see. You see teams like Geelong do it (not so much going forward) but they consistently smashed teams because they made them pay for their errors. This has been a problem for us in the past two years because the side is still developing. Not like a Melbourne or GWS development phase, but developing mature and experienced footballers who know how to win, and win well. We are striving to be a top 4 side, and all top 4 sides do this very well.

I didn't think anything, chuckles, you're making silly assumptions. I just noted your typical attitude.

Please inform me what "silly assumptions" i'm making for saying it's possible we play the same way in our next game as we did in our last game? Are you delusional or what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it CAN happen, it also COULD happen that we win by 10+ goals or we could win by 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 goals or lose by the same margins it could be a great game or an average game or a shit game, we could...well, I think you'll get the message.
The only reality is that this game hasn't been played yet, we are all fantasizing what may happen and some are positive and some are not.

Some guy said "If we're up by 5 goals and lose it would be the worse possible start for Hardwick." I simply said another no show 10 goal loss would be a worse start for Dimma.

What else is that statement other than just a fact?

Please inform me what "silly assumptions" i'm making for saying it's possible we play the same way in our next game as we did in our last game? Are you delusional or what.

You assumed i thought "it" can't happen again, I'm living in a fantasy world etc When all I actually posted was "thats the spirit".

I didn't comment on anything you posted, I commented on your state of mind. Clearer?

You assumed i thought "it" can't happen again, I'm living in a fantasy world etc When all I actually posted was "thats the spirit".

I didn't comment on anything you posted, I commented on your state of mind. Clearer?

Next time you want to be a sarcastic little rodent maybe pick someone else's post to quote "that's the spirit" on.

It all comes down to Judd's shoulders. If good he will carry them over the line as he has since he's been there, if not we win

It all comes down to Judd's shoulders. If good he will carry them over the line as he has since he's been there, if not we win

Judd didn't play against Tigers last year, still very close

I was looking at an interesting stat, both teams last year averaged roughly 12 goals per game. I'll be very keen to see exactly what kind of setups both teams go with

Vickery, Griffiths, Jack & Maric
Hendo, Casboult, Jones & Kreuzer
I think will come down to who can impact the scoreboard harder out of these 2 sets of talls

Dustin & Menzel productivity on either end will be one to also watch, I think Morris might match up on Menzel and Walker on Dustin

Sorry man, I have to disagree on this.

If the difference between Carlton beating us and not beating us actually came down purely and simply to if Chris Judd is fit, then we're having a laugh really.

Carlton will struggle this season and probably win 8 games or less, we are two rungs above them at the moment in terms of list quality and experience.

This match should basically be the equivalent of Carlton Vs. Richmond in Round 1 2009/2010, just with the roles reversed.

If we play below expectations, and they play out of their skins, we may only win by 3 or 4 goals, but otherwise it should be a similar result to those previous Round 1 matches in 2009/2010, just going our way instead. :)

Judd didn't play against Tigers last year, still very close

I was looking at an interesting stat, both teams last year averaged roughly 12 goals per game. I'll be very keen to see exactly what kind of setups both teams go with

Vickery, Griffiths, Jack & Maric
Hendo, Casboult, Jones & Kreuzer
I think will come down to who can impact the scoreboard harder out of these 2 sets of talls

Dustin & Menzel productivity on either end will be one to also watch, I think Morris might match up on Menzel and Walker on Dustin

Rance Maric and Delideo didnt play for us either so whats your point
If you guys are still pinning your hopes on Judd being the player he was and your saviour then that there is Carlton's problem straight away.
As ive said earlier. Carlton will be competitive in most games but if we are serious where we want to be then we must win this by 5-6 goals

Rance Maric and Delideo didnt play for us either so whats your point
If you guys are still pinning your hopes on Judd being the player he was and your saviour then that there is Carlton's problem straight away.
As ive said earlier. Carlton will be competitive in most games but if we are serious where we want to be then we must win this by 5-6 goals

Blues are also serious about future aswell, I don't expect it to be a season with high expectations for us and going deep into September but expect it to be one where Blues get more games into younger players and build a solid supporting cast around Gibbs, Yarran and Murphy as expect these 3 to lead us for next few years

I also expect Blues to not only be competitive but to win this game, I agree Tigers should aim to finish say top 6, but also expect Blues to put on decent performances. I put up a stat before on another page showing trends b/w Blues and Tigers games

Tigers have big first haves against Blues but not keeping up same Level of consistency into the 2nd half, I believe will be another close game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back